It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Worlds' future Fashions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have always wondered this, I love to look back on the 70's and 80's and just check out the incredible doos and styles of clothing, and like always there was a complete difference, as the 90's swung around we all started to see a change that took the world by force, if it was from, the girls clothing becoming more and more less to the guys becoming more tight, even till now we see the new century bringing on the styles with a new fresh look.

One of my favorite movies is Back To The Future part 2 where Marty and Doc go to the future to save a certain part of his future to happen life, there you would futuristic fashions and styles like no other, and as it would seem the fashion world comes to be in some what of future look.

With thousands of fashion designers around the world, there can only be a very diverse nature of style. Just then we do know for The U.S.A. comes up with the newer line of "what is cool" clothing, with using advertising via: MTV and VH1 and other television channels the looks get out, current magazines such as Vogue, VogueTeen, seventeen, and other magazines show many different seasonal wear that "is in" for the year. The magizines often feature popular faces of the owrld and their styles. From this I see alot of where most of what "is in" comes from bt the other part for me is a wonder.

I just come to wonder who decides what is cool and what is not. But with all this in mind I would like to ask you, what do you think would be the new styles to come? From your however you believe this could range from whatever you believe or what ever is next on the shelves, some things I do know that have come out in stores look terrible, but for others it is just "so cool".

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Well ragster, If the trend of people getting fatter continues, fashion will follow suite. [no pun intended][maybe a little]. Currently I see fat people stuffing themselves into fashions that weren't designed for them, but eventually the porkers will realize that tight clothes are uncomfortable and they will be wearing clothes that closely resemble sacks; unisacks actually. Clothing designers will strive to make the "sacks" fashionable, but they will fail.
Meanwhile the young, skinny and buff people will be so proud of their bodies they will wear very little, Just enough to keep from getting arrested. So fashion for them is less important than a nice tan. Some will just wear ink that looks like clothes.

Then there are all the inbetween types like me and we will all look like Jimmy Buffet. The ladies will always just be very attractive regardless of what fashion trend they follow in the future.

whaaas fashion predictions.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

[edit on 23-7-2006 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Let's see if we can bring the discussion of fashion into the realm of social issues. Fashion does not just begin on a designer's drawing board, it often begins on the street. Fashion often says more about us than just the fact that we want to cover our bodies or protect ourselves from the elements.

For example:

What are some of the styles that are prevalent in schools today? What do these styles say about those who wear them, intentionally or not? How are they likely to evolve?

Gangsta

Gothic

Emo

Emo

Preppy

Western

Grunge

Body Modification Culture Google Search

[edit on 2006/7/24 by GradyPhilpott]

join