It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miss your old school video Games?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
hello.

I recently stumbled across a website that has the old school video games you enjoyed as a kid, to work on your PC. Best part is, their free...and also legal. Only games you cant play are mario typed games that the ERA wont give up. Ive been playing goldeneye, turok, and starfox for weeks now.

www.coolrom.com...

Check it out!

VM

[edit on 22-7-2006 by VoodooMaster]

[edit on 22-7-2006 by VoodooMaster]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Most of the games I play are oldschool, I'm currently playing Xenogears again, trying to get the game 100% complete, meaning all sidequests, games and lvl99 HP 999 MP99 on all fronts.

Other then that, I play alot of SNES games, mainly RPG's.

Nothing on console anymore though, everything emulated.

All the 'new' games that come out these days have nothing original to them apart from new graphics, almost all of them are rehashes of old idea's and the last few years, sequels and remakes of classics.

Just like cars, "they don't make em like they used to"

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
What program do you need to open the files once you download them?My computer wont open them,It says windows can not open it?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by icyblue
What program do you need to open the files once you download them?My computer wont open them,It says windows can not open it?

To run the games you need to use an emulator that emulates the hardware of the old console game on your computer.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The code with games, "Best served cold, even when its old" (Thought it up myself) always counts for me. I still have the NES with gun/joystick and 12 games stacked up in my basement. Boy the good memories i have with that thing.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
WizardGames, Rockstar... another game by them was called, Insanity.. both pretty crazy games, but Rockstar was way cool. runs great on a 386. Wish I could emulate a 386 processor in it's own window.

[edit on 30/7/2006 by wyldwylly]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I have recently been craving to play the NEO GEO cartidge system. I so loved playing my NEO GEO in the early nineties. The cartridges were the size of hard covered books and made of metal. The games I have been craving to play on it are...

1)Magician Lord -- This side scrolling platform game was the best of it's kind with great sound and visual FX.

2)Baseball 2020 -- This is the best sports game I ever played on a videogame system.

and ...

3)Ghost Pilots -- This game was a great 2D horizontal shooter in the same veign as "RAIDEN." Fast, addictive and fun, just like most games of the NEO GEO library.

"Bigger, Badder, BETTER!"

[edit on 23-8-2006 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I run amiga and classic spectrum games on my p.c. retro gaming rocks.
It brings back loads of old gaming memories ...aah.
Most emulators ans 100,000 of roms here
emulaters

I've been playing wings and lemmings a lot recently

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
was thinking another cooool game of the Sega Genesis era was, Shadow Runner (or Shadow... hm, I think it's called Shadow Runner).. wish I could figure that one out, cause it rocked, and I'd love to try to find it again, if even on eBay. I think I still have my SG. as of anymore, i'm stuck on eq and now it's time to grind once again to level 75.

EDIT: Oops listed Sega Saturn for that game, it's Sega Genesis, cause it was a cartridge and not a cd...

[edit on 23/8/2006 by wyldwylly]

posted on Aug, 23 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
wooooot
Found my game, and it's downloaded.. can't wait to check it out....

Thanks, VoodooMaster for that link. Rock On!

Shadow Run ROM game for Sega Genesis

posted on Aug, 25 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
thats a funky find you have linked up there....kudos for the post!

I miss the days of the very first snes mario kart, and even before that, river raiders on the atari 2600 system....

Old skool forevez!

posted on Sep, 23 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I dont miss them because I have the emulators and roms for them.
Cant play mario because the copyright still belongs to whoever owns it.

There not entirely legal though just depends on how you use them.
The site I get my roms from states that you should delete the games after 24 hours and that you should only have them for backup purposes.

BUT WHOS LOOKING OUT FOR THEM

new topics

top topics

join