It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hepititis shots, safe???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I need to get a health card and I dont like the idea of getting hep a & b injected into my blood stream. I've heard you cannot get either one form the shots. Anyone know about this & or had shots with any bad side effects?? Thanks guys...

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I recently had the first of two Hepatitis shots -- the vaccine for Hepatitis is given in two parts several months apart -- in anticipation of a cruise that me and my wife will be going on this October. I didn't do any research about the vaccine. I simply accepted the fact that contracting Hepatitis is far worse than the rather low chance that I would have any ill effects from the injection.

Aside from the "pin prick" that any injection causes, I suffered no ill effects from this injection whatsoever. If there were any effects at all, the only thing that I noticed was a sense of fatigue and "sleepiness". After a good nights rest, I woke up the next day feeling absolutely fine.

Go ahead and have the injection -- especially if you are, or will be, in an area where Hepatitis A and/or B are prevalent. This is a very common vaccine and, frankly, if there were any "problems" with this vaccine, I am certain that it would be known and that the public would be aware of it. So suck it in, get your shot and if you are "brave", there might be a lolly-pop in it for you afterwards.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   

So suck it in, get your shot and if you are "brave", there might be a lolly-pop in it for you afterwards.

Funny, thanks for the info man.
Getting it on tuesday... & hopefully a pop too

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
the greatest fear regarding vaccines is their use on very young children with a possible connection to autism and other neurological disorders, usually attributed to a mercury compound, called Thiomersal (or Thimerosal, alternatively).

that said, take a look at the ingredients list, if you're interested there's a website listing them for many vaccines www.informedchoice.info... , but avoid talking to anyone remotely medical about this, there's a joke that the quickest way to empty a room full of MDs was asking them to test a child for mercury poisoning... so don't expect a rational reaction when talking about FDA approved toxins. you've been warned.

hard to give advice, tbh, injecting toxins is never a good idea, but an adult body should be able to handle it. if your vaccine contains TM, just remember that you've been exposed and try to avoid additional sources if you can.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Well I hope these are safe... I had them in high school

They vaccinated our entire school, and I am not aware of anyone who got sick as a result of this vaccination.

top topics

join