It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Clothing...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
How come aliens that visit our planet are always portrayed as being naked? Is it that the greys are actually wearing a suit and we think it is really them, or are they just naked? Same with that thing from Signs, naked. Maybe Eve from their planet never ate the apple and they never developed shame for their privates.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I really don't know. I'm thinking it's one of those cultural things...Like...perhaps aliens are regarded as inhuman, and thus they don't have the same need as a human being to be clothed, in the mind of another human..Let's say for example, that aliens are sparsely clothed, but when people see them, the loincloth or whatever gets erased, because in the human subconscious people don't feel the basic compulsion to envision them with clothes...much like animals. When I tell you to think of a dog, you see a naked dog, but when i tell you to think of the president, you see and idiot in a suit. It's just one of those things...like that's the way the human mind works...

Or not. I'm just brainstorming here..

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I just think that people make them up and don't have the imagination to think up clothing. For instance, picture that alien from signs wearing a pair of sneakers, shorts, and a T-shirt with a picture of his favourite sports star from his planet, not so scary. Who is to say that aliens wouldn't wear casual type clothing like we have here, but simply more suited to their bodies.

join