It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What society is this? (Pic)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I found this in an antique shop earlier today but never heard of
O.O.H&P.

I found it interesting due to the Owl symbolism and the sword which I believe is a shriners/mason reference.

Any thoughts or speculation would be appreciated.

[edit on 22-7-2006 by masonite]

CX

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Any help? I don't know anything about them, just did a Google search.

www.phoenixmasonry.org...

CX.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Damn good question.

I have been searching google and this is all I have found.

www.antiquesandthearts.com...

It sounds similar to this pin with some differences. Seems youre not the only one wondering?

Nevermind. CX seems to have found the answer!

[edit on 22-7-2006 by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Thanks guys! Do you know if the Odd Fellows used a ring like th masons or a main symbol? Also do they have active chapters?

Thansk again.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonite
Thanks guys! Do you know if the Odd Fellows used a ring like th masons or a main symbol? Also do they have active chapters?

Thansk again.

Masonite,

The Independent Order of Odd Fellows (I.O.O.F.) are alive and well. They (like many other fraternal societies) do not have the membership they once did, but they have Lodges across the land. Their main site is: www.ioof.org (but it has been having some technical difficulty for the last few days) Give they a few days and try to log on.

Their main emblem is the three links, sometimes with the letters F. L. T. in them signifying Friendship, Love and Truth.

www.phoenixmasonry.org...

My IOOF Lodge is very active in our community.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I was googling on the "Watchers" and I found several references to the phrase "We never sleep"

What if anything do you suppose the Watchers and the Mason's have in common? The watchers being some fallen angels or Grigori and the Mason's using symbolism bringing to mind the bloodline of Cain which implies Fallen Angels. The owl is already being discussed on ATS at this time as Moloch.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Appak,

Are you a member of the OF? I am curious if they hold degrees like in Masonry? Also do they declare themself as a ssecret society?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I am curious if they hold degrees like in Masonry?

Yes. The Oddfellow degrees are conferred in Lodges, while their higher degrees are conferred in Encampments. There is also the Rebekkah Degree for Oddfellow's wives.

Also do they declare themself as a ssecret society?

Like Masonry, the Oddfellows declare themselves a non-sectarian, non-profit, charitable and fraternal organization. Also like Masonry, those who oppose Oddfellowship label them a secret society.

Many famous Oddfellows were also Masons, including Harry Truman, Buffalo Bill Cody, and Albert Pike.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Masonic Light]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Appak,

Are you a member of the OF? I am curious if they hold degrees like in Masonry? Also do they declare themself as a ssecret society?

Thanks

Masonite,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I was an Odd Fellow many years ago, but dropped my membership for lack of time to participate and because there was no Lodge near where I lived at the time. Masonic Light pretty much answered your question, I believe.

The Subordinate Lodge of the IOOF confers 4 degrees:

The Initiatory Degree
The Degree of Friendship (called the 1st Degree)
The Degree of Love (2nd Degree) and
The Degree of Truth (3rd)

The Encampment confers three degrees:
Patriarchal
Golden Rule
Royal Purple

There's a uniformed branch called a Canton which confers the "Patriarch's Militant" Degree. THis group has an auxiliary called the LAPM (Ladies Aux. to the Patriarch's Militant).

There is a Junior Lodge for boys and Theta Rho Club for girls. All these branches confer various degrees. There is a "Shrine-like" group called AMOS (Ancient Mystic Order of Samaritans) and as a previous link mentioned, there used to be several more.

BTW Masonic Light,

There IS indeed a Rebekah Degree, but it's for more than just wives. It functions in a similar way to the Order of the Eastern Star, in that it includes Odd Fellows and their close female relatives (sisters, daughters, etc.)

I would add, too that the Odd Fellows Lodge (the "Men's" branch) now allows Women to have full membership, (since 2000 or so) so I imagine the Rebekah Lodge will die out completely...a few years before the Odd Fellows Lodge does.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Appak]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The amos degree is like the masons shriners. We wear fezs and the whole bit. All of these organizations will die out if we dont get the youth interested. We have started an oddfellow lodge close to my home. It is a great organization but its been dormant in our area for awhile so its taking time to regroup. I just want to state for the record that these groups have a lot of stigma attached to them because of their secrecy but in truth they are just here to help our fellow man. Dont read more into something than is really there.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

They must have an awesome sense of humor, I love their facepaintings.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Appak

I have a question Appak, are there any duties according to Freemasonic teaching that have to do with their wives? Or certain rules that of must have?

I just dont undersand he concept of a Freemasons wife having to do with their works and was hoping you can give me a brief description on why thank you.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
I have a question Appak, are there any duties according to Freemasonic teaching that have to do with their wives? Or certain rules that of must have?
I just dont understand he concept of a Freemasons wife having to do with their works and was hoping you can give me a brief description on why thank you.

topsecretombomb,

Not all Masons (of course) are married, but we are taught to care for "those dependant upon us" (wives, children, elderly parents, etc. would fall under that heading)

However, I'm not certain that I understand the question, would you be a bit more specific?

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This was probably in one of those links, but for those that don't want to go reading through a bunch of stuff, O.O.H.&P. stands for Oriental Order of Humility and Perfection and it is an oddfellows side order. The other Oddfellow side orders are The Imperial Order of Muscovites, the Veiled Prophets of Baghdad, Knights of Oriental Splendor, and the Ancient Mystical Order of Cabirians

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by random hero
This was probably in one of those links, but for those that don't want to go reading through a bunch of stuff, O.O.H.&P. stands for Oriental Order of Humility and Perfection and it is an oddfellows side order. The other Oddfellow side orders are The Imperial Order of Muscovites, the Veiled Prophets of Baghdad, Knights of Oriental Splendor, and the Ancient Mystical Order of Cabirians

True enough "title-wise" but the word "are" should be replaced with "were" the only "side" Order of the I.O.O.F. today is a conglomeration of some of the above called the "Ancient Mystic Order of Samaritans" (A.M.O.S.) The others no longer exist....and sadly...in the U.S. the Odd Fellows BARELY exist.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by masonite

Owl, huh? Isn't that the same image when people were discussing about it appearing in the dollar bills?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Apaak, Im asking because there is lots of public scrutiny/accussations regarding Master masons, their wives, and other lodge members that are flat out disgusting.

If some Masonic groups are indeed cults that are covered up, do you think this might be true in some places?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by topsecretombomb

I have heard the same things about the clergy.
A local CMA church had a wife swapping scandal involving the pastor and a few other member a few yearas back.

[edit on 15-10-2007 by RWPBR]

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
that is almost the exact logo from camel cigs as well.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
Apaak, Im asking because there is lots of public scrutiny/accussations regarding Master masons, their wives, and other lodge members that are flat out disgusting.

If some Masonic groups are indeed cults that are covered up, do you think this might be true in some places?

I'll have to admit I've never heard this (although I'm not surprised to hear it being said) Keep in mind that there are several groups that either imitate Freemasonry OR flat-out CALL themselves Freemasonry...but they are not. Dwight York and the "Nuwaubians" come to mind.

Freemasons are to have the utmost respect for their fellow-humans, so I think to be involved with a Brother Mason's wife, etc. would certainly be considered a Masonic offense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join