It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buckley AFB, Aurora, CO.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
There's an Air base in the Denver metro area known as Buckley. There's definitely something there that the government doesn't want us to know, and I'm currently attempting to discover what exactly that is.

Here's why I think this.

Once, while I was younger, I went with my mother to work, and this was while she worked as a sales representative for an office supply corporation, called Corporate Express.

We went on a sales call to Buckley, and I was amazed by what I saw. You know those satellite recievers that you see in the pictures of pine gap? Well, Buckley has three of them, quite large, and quite obvious. I asked my mom if we could go see them closer, but she said that the area was restricted, and that we couldn't get much closer than we were, because the fence was probably about 100 yards from where we were.

I also saw something interesting. I think she said that it was an Internal something or other building, and it looked like a normal 3 story (maybe higher) building. However, I swear I saw an entrance leading belowground. There is, I'm assuming, a fairly large bunker underneath. I think that it's strange that a normal Internal Affairs building, or whatever it was would be inside a secure area, surrounded by a fence, with an underground bunker, with giant satellite recievers?

I don't remember it too well, because I was still a good little republican child at the time, and thought that It was probably best I didn't know what was going on in there, but now I'm curious. If any of you have some info, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The list below shows what units are based at Buckley. These would account for the large dishes that you've seen. As for under ground entrances...Not that un-comman for an AFB

Headquarters, Colorado Air National Guard
2nd Space Warning Squadron
8th Space Warning Squadorn
566th Information Operations Squadron
Detachment 45, Air Force Technical Applications Center
Detachment 801, Air Force Office of Special Investigations
Aerospace Data Facility
Navy Marine Corps Reserve Center
Combined Task Force
Air Force Auditing Agency
Colorado Army National Guard
Civil Air Patrol

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Akula good find !

Where did you get the units from ? I would like to see what i could find over here

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Simple search on Google

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Actually there are six large radomes. There are a few smaller ones.
As far as something going on there, no that's at the airport.

You can see images the 'golf balls' at a couple different sites.

The radomes are just for Space Command, not anything evil. I'm not sure what the small ones are used for.

Buckley's home page has been redone just recently. It's a lot better now.

www.buckley.af.mil...

www.globalsecurity.org...

[Edited on 10-28-2003 by DClark]

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Just thought I would show a pic of Buckley AFB.
Of course the base has changed somewhat since the picture was taken. It now has a BX, Commissary, new Gymnasium, and more housing.

[Edited on 2003-12-15 by DClark]

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here's a site with some information. Not sure how legitimate it is, since it's an anti-war, anti-space group.

"Incidentally, Bill S. and I figured there were probably at least 10,000 people doing intelligence-related work around Buckley, because the ADF portion of the base employs at least 4000, and new Lockheed-Martin, Raytheon, and TRW facilities to the west of the base appear to employ well over 5000. But the Denver Post said this morning that as many as 65,000 people have jobs that are Buckley-related (!!! - does this number include retail businesses serving Buckley?), a number that amounts to one-fourth of the citizens of Aurora."

link

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Just as a note...communications and sensoring equipment, are strategically one of the most well protected areas of any modern base....so yes, of course it will be a bunker....

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I have been on buckley in denver and I am in Civil Air Patrol there is nothing secret on it. I have been to almost all of the facilities. The giant bubbles are radar for the base. The hangers just house f-16's and other jets. Nothing secret is going on.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalSpecWar
I have been on buckley in denver and I am in Civil Air Patrol there is nothing secret on it. I have been to almost all of the facilities. The giant bubbles are radar for the base. The hangers just house f-16's and other jets. Nothing secret is going on.

I'm assuming by secret, you mean black projects, etc..?

Technically, everything in the secured area on Buckley AFB is at least a Secret level. Most of it is probably Top Secret level.
A lot of intel goes through Buckley, which is of course Top Secret.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I got a friend who lives in Aurora... he works for Pratt & Whitney... they're testing the Pulse Detonation Wave Engines.

Though I know you're right because he said he didn't know what they were going to use it for and what kind of fighter or jet plane they were gonna equip with them.

I have a very strong feeling that Aurora exists and is still going to sometime in the future near or far be reveiled to the public... so I think that there is an Aurora in Aurora so to speak.

I'll dig around and check some sources to see if I find anything.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I am in Civil Air Patrol (CAP) and we are very inimportant to the military. If there really was an Aurora and it was on Buckley they definately wouln't let us on bast. There is nothing going on there.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalSpecWar
I am in Civil Air Patrol (CAP) and we are very inimportant to the military. If there really was an Aurora and it was on Buckley they definately wouln't let us on bast. There is nothing going on there.

Either that is some sort of CAP code talk, or you might want to utilize a dictionary. I'm still trying to figure out what you're saying?
What does inimportant mean?

Let you on bast?

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   
In response to the CAP member, as far as Space things at Buckley - everything is Secret (quite literally). The 2nd and 8th Space Warning Squadron both operate the Defense Support Program (now SBIRS) sattelites.

There is more stuff as well - but that is why there are all of the radomes. Also, any Space base (intelligence or not) will have a LOT of contractors (Boeing, TRW, etc) to support all of the equipment.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Sorry to dissapoint ya'all, but those big golf balls are opperated by NSGA Buckley (formerly NSGD Buckley). Back in the 90's NSGD stood for Naval Security Detachment. It now stands for Naval Secruity Group Acitivity.

As an ex crypto, those "golf balls" house satellite communications both unclassfied and classified "senistive, compartitmentalized" (i.e., Top Secret - Codeword) communications. They represent the hub of the classified communications network for sites like Norad, SAC and the Northern American Defense Network.

As I worked my days out of NSGA Northwest (reclaimed swamp land on the VA/NC border, down route 168) I use to use resources located at Buckley and others around the world. Trust me when I say there is nothing at Buckley worth using as part of a covert intellegence collection initiative. The location is too far inland. If it were used for collection, it would not come from concave satallite dishes in protective domes. You would see large high-wire anttennas next to the enemy or target.

You will probably not see the NSGA listed on any site as thier presence is usually kept quite. However, since all naval cryptologists report directly to the NSA, I would encourage anyone to inquire the NSA. However, at the last "Taste of Colorado" I did have a host serving up dishes of hot dogs by uniformed Cryptologists.

He, He.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by excrypto
Sorry to dissapoint ya'all, but those big golf balls are opperated by NSGA Buckley (formerly NSGD Buckley). Back in the 90's NSGD stood for Naval Security Detachment. It now stands for Naval Secruity Group Acitivity.

As an ex crypto, those "golf balls" house satellite communications both unclassfied and classified "senistive, compartitmentalized" (i.e., Top Secret - Codeword) communications. They represent the hub of the classified communications network for sites like Norad, SAC and the Northern American Defense Network.

As I worked my days out of NSGA Northwest (reclaimed swamp land on the VA/NC border, down route 168) I use to use resources located at Buckley and others around the world. Trust me when I say there is nothing at Buckley worth using as part of a covert intellegence collection initiative. The location is too far inland. If it were used for collection, it would not come from concave satallite dishes in protective domes. You would see large high-wire anttennas next to the enemy or target.

You will probably not see the NSGA listed on any site as thier presence is usually kept quite. However, since all naval cryptologists report directly to the NSA, I would encourage anyone to inquire the NSA. However, at the last "Taste of Colorado" I did have a host serving up dishes of hot dogs by uniformed Cryptologists.

He, He.

I was stationed there with the 743rd MI BN twice. They also have NSGA Denver for the Navy, and a small Marine Corps Intelligence detachment. MSGA does not run the radomes or own them, they are national assets.

Trust me when I say there is nothing at Buckley worth using as part of a covert intellegence collection initiative.
Spoken just like someone that has never "been" there.

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Spooky98]

[edit on 9-5-2006 by Spooky98]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
There is a similar US base in Menwith Hill, Yorkshire with similar domes.

Supposidly linked with the 'Star Wars' project and rumoured to monitor phone calls and the such, helping American National Security. It would be an ideal target fom hostile countries, something which many locals are not happy with!

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I was station at Buckley back in the mid 80's while I was in the Air Force. My job title was "Space System Maintenace Repairman" (AFSC 309X0). For our career field we learned about: DMSP (Military Weather Satellite), PAVE PAVE (Phased Array Radar), and DSP (Early Warning Satellite). Whlie at Buckely, I was working in a section called the Satellite Readout Station. Basically we repaired and maintained everything from the antenna (60 ft cassigrain feed parabolic) down to just before the mainframe computer. This information was classified while I was stationed there, apparently it is not anymore. I am waiting for the day that the Discovery Channel or History Channel do a documentary on it. Don't plan on trying to hopping over the fence to get a look at it. There are signs posted around on the perimeter fence "Deadly force authorized". There was nothing we did that was mysterious or else you would be hearing it from people who were stationed there. Just protecting America.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Perhaps more mysterious is Buckley's heritage.

In May, 1947 the base was taken over by the Navy, even though the Air Guard had operated it for less than a year; for 11 years it was the Navy's first, last, and only Colorado air station.

Most Naval operations* apparently ended there in 1951, although the Navy continued to operate the base until 1959.

Summer of 1947: many, many UFOs seen around Denver.
1951: Lashup radar system completed.
1959: Air Force takes ownership of the base and immediately starts building the first long-range radar site in Colorado (Cheyanne Mountain didn't get theirs until 1966).

Strange coincidences.

Maybe some of the Buckley alumni here have heard rumors of odd goings-on during the 40's and 50's?

*But I'm still not sure exactly what the Navy was doing there, except relocating veterans and hosting several Naval Air Reserve squadrons, activities which could have easily been handled by and through the AAF/USAF (Buckley had previously been an auxilliary field of Lowry), and in fact, Naval air reserve units have been USAF hosted there ever since.

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   
i have been working at buckley since the mid-90's with the colorado air guard and it's my understanding that the "golfballs" track objects in space should they be launched missles, satelites, or just random debris. i have heard that they send regular reports to NASA on some of the junk (bolts, wrenches, etc.) orbiting the planet that could pose a threat to shuttle missions or the ISS.
the area around ADF is very secure. in fact they just put up a second 8ft barbed wire fence around the perimeter about 20ft out from the original fence. some the surveilance around the perimeter such as cameras and ground vibration sensors reminds me alot of the same devices used at Area 51. a few years ago it became an initiation of one of the local "youth gangs" to get as close to the bubbles as they possibly could. well, it only happened about three times and when the security forces noticed a pattern emerging they sent a very clear message to the "youths" via a beat down with the stocks of m-16s.
one time i was around one of the entrances into ADF when a security force member was yelling at the top of his lungs with his gun drawn "get on the ground with your hands on your head face down!" scared the hell out of me, i thought he was yelling at me. turned out to be a wayward contractor that was outside his designated area.
on the east side of the base past the runway there is another facility with smaller radomes. this area is more mysterious and seems to be more automated. typically there are only about 3-4 cars in the parking lot as opposed to the thousands of cars parked at ADF. what happens in there is a mystery to me.
as for pulse detonation aircraft being tested at buckley? the most exotic aircraft to grace the ramp have probably been the SR-71(engine problem) the F-117(airshow appearance in colorado springs) and NASA's Super Guppy(transient). sorry, no secret "Aurora" in Aurora CO.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join