It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

get this! i went through the site again....the spread the URL message shows up on questions #20, 22, 24, 26 only!!! I think this may be very critical! why would they not put it in every message or at least every message starting at a certain point if there is something important in the message rather than the frequency the message occurs??

back on this note...i've tried to decide if there is anything in common with this 4 questions....anyone give any thought to this peculiar trend?

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CA8680
hey i been reading this for a while does "Emperor Qinzong" provied any clues for you guys, just wondering becuase simon or one of those IM messages they said it was a great day for china and people mentioned takaura and he is not associated with china but qinzong is maybe hid death was a great day for china seeing how bad of a leader he was JUST wondering hopefully this can be use full to someone

WHAT DO YALL THINK?

I don't think anything about China has been mentioned. The "SimonGray" told me on Yahoo Messenger that 1161 was a "great year for Japan" If that is what you are reffering to.

link   
goodnight everyone. see you tommorrow

link   
I was just wondering what the final reward is.There is no point in doing this if there is nothing to be won. Don't get me wrong i do wont to solve this and do think tht this is fun.

Does anyone else feel like this.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Result_was
I was just wondering what the final reward is.There is no point in doing this if there is nothing to be won. Don't get me wrong i do wont to solve this and do think tht this is fun.

hmmmmm you make a good point....i am unfamiliar with previous ATS games. Has the reward or promise of reward been mentioned in all previous games? perhaps they are taking extra steps to "slim down" the competition. Doesn't make sense though.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Professor_X

get this! i went through the site again....the spread the URL message shows up on questions #20, 22, 24, 26 only!!! I think this may be very critical! why would they not put it in every message or at least every message starting at a certain point if there is something important in the message rather than the frequency the message occurs??

back on this note...i've tried to decide if there is anything in common with this 4 questions....anyone give any thought to this peculiar trend?

Nixon-The final answer to everything-German-The next question...nothing I can think of. I've actually tried skip2, skiptwo...also tried: isthisthequestion, isthisaquestion, whatsthequestion, whynotnow, nextquestionplease, startagain, timeisonmyside, why, f**kyou...

[edit on 23-7-2006 by Theodwra]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   

I second that. Even though this is enjoyable and fun (for the most part), it does say something about a reward.

I don't see any incentive for anyone to start a game like this if they are not recieving anything in return (ad revenue, etc.). This seems like a lot of work just to mess with us conspiracy nuts if its not an ATS game.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sillinous1

I second that. Even though this is enjoyable and fun (for the most part), it does say something about a reward.

I don't see any incentive for anyone to start a game like this if they are not recieving anything in return (ad revenue, etc.). This seems like a lot of work just to mess with us conspiracy nuts if its not an ATS game.

well the work surely isnt put into a fancy site...but i do agree the questions must have taken a while. again, perhaps that is why there are no more questions as of now. On the other hand, I find that hard to believe since the set number of questions was stated on the homepage.

link   

Originally posted by Professor_X

hmmmmm you make a good point....i am unfamiliar with previous ATS games. Has the reward or promise of reward been mentioned in all previous games? perhaps they are taking extra steps to "slim down" the competition. Doesn't make sense though.

Other ATS games have been promoted more on the main site. Promise of reward? I believe in the last game everyone knew it was an xbox. The Rings game... its been a while but I know admin stated that the winners would receive SOME type of reward- which turned out to be gold rings and a new site.

Here, no admin has stated anything about a reward- or even acknowledged the game.

link   

apparently, there is no game, according to this:

Official ATS position on this phenomenon...

There are no ATS staff members involved in creating or distributing clues or hints for questions contained in that website.

The original thread was moved to "Games & Events" to contain discussion in an appropriate forum. We are considering moving this to BTS.
Posted in the other thread in this Forum, regarding "thefinalanswertoeverything.com"

I see no reason for me to participate in this any further.

Good luck to those that wish to continue.

Mechanic 32.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   

It is not about "winning a prize" for me, Well I guess at first it was.

But this has actually become a challenge for me for us.

The anwer(s) are out there somewhere.

This is now about the collective use of all our minds.

If we stick together there isn't anything we can't accomplish.

We can do this guy's It isn't about a prize anymore it is about,

Proving we cant' be beaten, We can't be had.

The prize is accomplishment

[edit on 23-7-2006 by digitalassassin]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Other ATS games have been promoted more on the main site. Promise of reward? I believe in the last game everyone knew it was an xbox. The Rings game... its been a while but I know admin stated that the winners would receive SOME type of reward- which turned out to be gold rings and a new site.

Here, no admin has stated anything about a reward- or even acknowledged the game.

What if this isnt an ATS game, do we still win something or are we left with the (despised) "Joy Of Winning"

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by digitalassassin
[

Proving we cant' be beaten, We can't be had.

[edit on 23-7-2006 by digitalassassin]

I agree. Don't give up Mech. Regardless of this is ATS or not, this needs to come to an end. Accomplishment is the prize.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Mech,

thanks for all of the input. You have been one of the leaders in this effort. perhaps you will wake up tomorrow with a change of heart and come back for some more! if not, thats cool too.

I would like to keep it in your mind that there has been no direct contact from any admins to this thread or any of us personally about this "game". if it is a low key/nonpromoted game, then there may be a nonpromoted prize/result/whatever...

As for myself, I will continue with this until I someone here hears directly from an admin.

I suggest that we need to work more closely together at this point so everyone can share the same info...with that being said, I would like to ask anyone who is here and willing to put the next 30 minutes to an hour towards this to just post so that I know you are onboard.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Ok, say this IS a game
It would make sense for the questions to be seperated in groups or else the game would be over within 24 hours. And from what I've read about previous games here on ats, they go for much longer than that....right?

And if there is no game, what's with the "part of the game is finding the game"?
What about "this reward to the one worthy"?

Maybe from now on they'll only give few questions per day...

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I agree. Don't give up Mech. Regardless of this is ATS or not, this needs to come to an end. Accomplishment is the prize.

I had already been here for over 24 hours, with only 3 hours of sleep. Furthermore, it is rather apparent that AboveTopSecret.Com wants no part in this "game". As I wish to keep peace between ATS and myself, I will cease to participate here.

Thank you, and good luck.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by avonwodahs
I may have the next one, or maybe my computer is just messed up
I was checking out Barad-dûr to see if i could find anything,
I entered all the names ad more obvious things (such as tolkien etc.) as found here www.glyphweb.com...
anyways, now it says that oswald is out of sequence, maybe it's a hit?

avonwodahs shadownova backwards

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Sry i didn't mean to ruin any ones hopes or to try to get anyone to quit i was just asking a question. Also i too have taken this as a challenge and beleive that ATS members will solve this.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I gave you a clue that simon gave me, but you all don't listen at all lol.... simon told me Lucky #7 was a clue, meaning #7 in the list

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by catinthebox

Originally posted by avonwodahs
I may have the next one, or maybe my computer is just messed up
I was checking out Barad-dûr to see if i could find anything,
I entered all the names ad more obvious things (such as tolkien etc.) as found here www.glyphweb.com...
anyways, now it says that oswald is out of sequence, maybe it's a hit?

avonwodahs shadownova backwards

lmao, bit slow are we?

anyways, i found something that might help, it's the timer

Out of sequence.
-320476 hours, 30 minutes, and 28 seconds for correct response.

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join