It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 253
<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
i didn't expect anyone to take me seriously, but you guys were pretty desperate with that last one, so i just wanted to give u guys some hope you know so u dont give up

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Good 'noon everyone, how are we doing and where we up to?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BILL DOOR
Good 'noon everyone, how are we doing and where we up to?

it is to humans...?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Someone awhile back mentioned a few answers seemed to follow a pattern -- such as a movie that came out in 1951 and the last clue from a book in '61 -- looking at '71 I see Clockwork Orange and Andomeda (sp) Strain. Probably nothing there though -- it's just that these "searches" for answers leads one to odd places!

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Tell me about it, I couldn't tell you everything I read during the Hunt.

I don't see a pattern or connection except a few red herrings perhaps.

Let's move past the grok and think about it from a different perspective for a while.

link   
i repeat
what's the difference between; to humans...?
and it is to humans...?
i think the answer should be easy if we tried to figure out what's the difference between those two, since the mod helped us by changing the question .

since my english is not that perfect , can anyone help on this ?

link   
why not do like grok and search for human meaning in other alien languages or something

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PARADISEVIEW
i repeat
and it is to humans...?
i think the answer should be easy if we tried to figure out what's the difference between those two, since the mod helped us by changing the question .

since my english is not that perfect , can anyone help on this ?

I think it is just claifying the question. As in it's an object rather than a quote or part of a sentence?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
to humans... ?

makes me think like its asking what is something or what do humans call something or see something as

it is to humans... ?

seems more introspective. how does a human see or feel about this thing. what makes it human or have a human quality. or what does it mean to us.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dioxholster
why not do like grok and search for human meaning in other alien languages or something

nice Hypothesis

Is there any antagonist for the world UFO designing humans (i explain; in fiction movies and books what do the UFOs call the humans?)

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

i repeat
and it is to humans...?

I addressed this.

The new question seems to be in the form of an analogy.

link   
I added a few clarifying comments to the tinwiki entry on this, at [url]

link   
i still think we should go with the anal probing thing

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I could use a nice anal probing.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I don't think we should keep going like it's all still related to the heinlen book. It could be something else completely. I'm just saying, we need to work from different angles, and if everyone's still working on the heinlen connection, we might not get anywhere.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Found this on the web:

To grok (pronounced GRAHK) something is to understand something so well that it is fully absorbed into oneself. In Robert Heinlein's science-fiction novel of 1961, Stranger in a Strange Land, the word is Martian and literally means "to drink" but metaphorically means "to take it all in," to understand fully, or to "be at one with." Today, grok sometimes is used to include acceptance as well as comprehension - to "dig" or appreciate as well as to know.
As one character from Heinlein's novel says:

'Grok' means to understand so thoroughly that the observer becomes a part of the observed - to merge, blend, intermarry, lose identity in group experience. It means almost everything that we mean by religion, philosophy, and science - and it means as little to us (because we are from Earth) as color means to a blind man.
In common usage, "Do you grok?" seems close in meaning to "Do you get it?"

So, we had a clue "VMS: to drink?" that spawned an answer "grok". That was the literal intpretation. Now, what if we are being asked in a more metaphorically way how grok relates to humans. From the above example, we see that grok means to take it all in, to absorb. Are we to believe that, since we are so close to the end, that we should absorb or take in everything to this point? According to this, it would seem that grok means everything and nothing at the same time.

Funny word...grok.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dioxholster
i still think we should go with the anal probing thing

Maybe humor is a bit different in Cairo, but here the "anal thing" is getting old.

If you'd like to seriously pursue that route, feel free, but keep it to yourself please.

[edit on 7/27/06 by redmage]

link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I could use a nice anal probing.

Allow me..

*unzips*

link   
Some ideas:

it is to humans...?

Suppose that this is the first part of a short sentence:
... that we owe our allegiance.
... that we must [some verb, "give", "say", "offer", etc, etc]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

i repeat
and it is to humans...?

I addressed this.

The new question seems to be in the form of an analogy.

if it's an analogy we should be thinking about something "X". that X should be used by all animals, insects.... maybe plants and object too. while humans do not use "X" they use "Y"
but wtf could be that "Y"!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 250  251  252    254  255  256 >>

join