It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 248
2
<< 245  246  247    249  250  251 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by catinthebox
high five for watching SMALLVILLE


I actually don't nor have watched it sorry.

I'm just familiar with superman. But I heard it was a good show.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by TrollingNewb]




posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
it's not: iamnot, noname, anonymous, noti, inot, notanyone, noone, amnot, noego, noi, isnt, omnipresent, omniscent, allknowing, blankslate, genesis, gone, leftthebuilding, unbecoming, undone, untied, buddha, expressed, unexpressed, anti, notme, thebigkahuna, thebrassring, outofbounds, dog



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by catinthebox
high five for watching SMALLVILLE


dude either you are tired or you became a comedian all of the sudden... lol
*high five* reminds me of an episode of seinfeld i just watched yesterday lol



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
THERE WILL NOW BE A SHORT INTERLUDE WHILE YOU GATHER YOUR THOUGHTS


DUM DUM DA DEDE DUM DUM





thank you. you may continue



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   
in case this sparks anyones memory:

""This poor ersatz Martian is saying that sex is a way to be happy. Sex should be a means of happiness. Ben, the worst thing about sex is that we use it to hurt each other. It ought never to hurt; it should bring happiness, or at least pleasure.
"The code says, 'Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife.' The result? Reluctant chastity, bitterness, blows and sometimes murder, broken homes and twisted children — and furtive little passes degrading to woman and man. Is this Commandment ever obeyed? If a man swore on his own Bible that he refrained from coveting his neighbor's wife because the code forbade it, I would suspect either self-deception or subnormal sexuality. Any man virile enough to sire a child has coveted many women, whether he acts or not.
"Now comes Mike and says: 'There is no need to covet my wife... love her! There's no limit to her love, we have everything to gain — and nothing to lose but fear and guilt and hatred and jealousy.' The proposition is incredible. So far as I recall only pre-civilization Eskimos were this naive — and they were so isolated that they were almost 'Men from Mars' themselves. But we gave them our 'virtues' and now they have chastity and adultery just like the rest of us." (FE)" -Stranger in a Strange land



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
THERE WILL NOW BE A SHORT INTERLUDE WHILE YOU GATHER YOUR THOUGHTS


DUM DUM DA DEDE DUM DUM





thank you. you may continue


LMFAO.HAHA. THAT CAT LOOKS STUPID AS HELL LOL. SHOOT IT!!!



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Can we all get back on topic here.



The current question:





to humans...?



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
Can we all get back on topic here.



The current question:





to humans...?


PARTY POOPER! haha. j/k thanks for the help mech



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by avonwodahs
in case this sparks anyones memory:

""This poor ersatz Martian is saying that sex is a way to be happy. Sex should be a means of happiness. Ben, the worst thing about sex is that we use it to hurt each other. It ought never to hurt; it should bring happiness, or at least pleasure.
"The code says, 'Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife.' The result? Reluctant chastity, bitterness, blows and sometimes murder, broken homes and twisted children — and furtive little passes degrading to woman and man. Is this Commandment ever obeyed? If a man swore on his own Bible that he refrained from coveting his neighbor's wife because the code forbade it, I would suspect either self-deception or subnormal sexuality. Any man virile enough to sire a child has coveted many women, whether he acts or not.
"Now comes Mike and says: 'There is no need to covet my wife... love her! There's no limit to her love, we have everything to gain — and nothing to lose but fear and guilt and hatred and jealousy.' The proposition is incredible. So far as I recall only pre-civilization Eskimos were this naive — and they were so isolated that they were almost 'Men from Mars' themselves. But we gave them our 'virtues' and now they have chastity and adultery just like the rest of us." (FE)" -Stranger in a Strange land



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I found this interesting passage that MIGHT help someone out, I haven't gotten anything yet, but I feel as if there is something to it...the part that screams out to me the most is the part I underlined.


* "Thou art God," Mike repeated serenely. "That which groks. Anne is God. I am God. The happy grass are God, Jill groks in beauty always. Jill is God. All shaping and making and creating together — ." He croaked something in Martian and smiled.

* Short human words were never like a short Martian word — such as "grok" which forever meant exactly the same thing. Short human words were like trying to lift water with a knife.
And this had been a very short word.
Smith still felt that he had grokked rightly the human word "God" — the confusion had come from his own failure in selecting other human words. The concept was truly so simple, so basic, so necessary that any nestling could have explained it perfectly — in Martian. The problem, then, was to find human words that would let him speak rightly, make sure that he patterned them rightly to match in fullness how it would be said in his own people's language.
He puzzled briefly over the curious fact that there should be any difficulty in saying it, even in English, since it was a thing everyone knew else they could not grok alive. (UC)



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Morning Folks, what have i missed? The last question i was on was "to drink?"

My boss has just left so im able to log in yaay



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BILL DOOR
Morning Folks, what have i missed? The last question i was on was "to drink?"

My boss has just left so im able to log in yaay


The ANSWER list:

1)3141592653
2)71
3)2
4)titor
5)ton
6)320
7)wills
8)40
9)buffalo
10)area51
11)northwoods
12)tachyon
13)tesla
14)osama
15)885lexington
16)reach
17)fargo
18)lebowski
19)kilby
20)nixon
21)givemethehardones
22)gnihtyreveotrewsnalanifeht
23)431
24)german
25)void
26)thenextquestion
27)oswald
28)idontwanttowait
29)29527
30)this
31)beingtheoneworthy
32)trantor
33)carbon
34)life
35)tolive
36)survive
37)klaatubaradanikto
38)towerofbabel
39)grok


Current Question:


to humans...?



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BILL DOOR
Morning Folks, what have i missed? The last question i was on was "to drink?"

The answer to that was grok.
Now the question is to humans...?



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Originally posted by BILL DOOR
Morning Folks, what have i missed? The last question i was on was "to drink?"

My boss has just left so im able to log in yaay


The ANSWER list:

1)3141592653
2)71
3)2
4)titor
5)ton
6)320
7)wills
8)40
9)buffalo
10)area51
11)northwoods
12)tachyon
13)tesla
14)osama
15)885lexington
16)reach
17)fargo
18)lebowski
19)kilby
20)nixon
21)givemethehardones
22)gnihtyreveotrewsnalanifeht
23)431
24)german
25)void
26)thenextquestion
27)oswald
28)idontwanttowait
29)29527
30)this
31)beingtheoneworthy
32)trantor
33)carbon
34)life
35)tolive
36)survive
37)klaatubaradanikto
38)towerofbabel
39)grok


Current Question:


to humans...?



Cheers Guys,

HOW THE HELL DID WE GET GROK? and what IS grok?



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrollingNewb
I found this interesting passage that MIGHT help someone out, I haven't gotten anything yet, but I feel as if there is something to it...the part that screams out to me the most is the part I underlined.


* "Thou art God," Mike repeated serenely. "That which groks. Anne is God. I am God. The happy grass are God, Jill groks in beauty always. Jill is God. All shaping and making and creating together — ." He croaked something in Martian and smiled.

* Short human words were never like a short Martian word — such as "grok" which forever meant exactly the same thing. Short human words were like trying to lift water with a knife.
And this had been a very short word.
Smith still felt that he had grokked rightly the human word "God" — the confusion had come from his own failure in selecting other human words. The concept was truly so simple, so basic, so necessary that any nestling could have explained it perfectly — in Martian. The problem, then, was to find human words that would let him speak rightly, make sure that he patterned them rightly to match in fullness how it would be said in his own people's language.
He puzzled briefly over the curious fact that there should be any difficulty in saying it, even in English, since it was a thing everyone knew else they could not grok alive. (UC)


People need to learn to read past pages a little bit. Has someone read my post, able to figure out anything?



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
THE FINAL ANSWER TO EVERYTHING IS ..................WHY?



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
BILL DOOR, you might want to read through some of this:

www.sparknotes.com...



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
VMS.............to drink?

this is from Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein

A being called vms questions humans why?

This is my answer



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
BILL DOOR, you might want to read through some of this:

www.sparknotes.com...


Aha, Thankyou kind sir



posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by October
VMS.............to drink?

this is from Stranger in a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein

A being called vms questions humans why?

This is my answer




Hi October,

have you tried it?



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 245  246  247    249  250  251 >>

log in

join