It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 242
<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
You never know. I literally came up with a way to figure out the answer for the "to drink" one as soon as I whipped it out. I raced back to my chair flopping all about and found it.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
i already tried it, i came up with, evolution ,and whatnot

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'm in the train of thought-
To drink is grok to Martians, to humans it is?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So we are on the question that asks: to humans... ?, right?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
hey....count me in on figuring this one out!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I tried laughter, humor, humour (in case the site is brittish). I tried words associated with language. What else is fundamentally human? I tried religion, god. Bah, I need to know the final answer, I am losing my marbles!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Time_is_now
So we are on the question that asks: to humans... ?, right?

yup. for about 23 more days, to make it last a month.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
we have not been at it a week, thats madness weve gone 5 days

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I give it about 3 more days at the most, we have some very smart people here at ATS, you know if im talking about you.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
perhaps it is 3 initials? what was heinlien's middle name?
also, as this has a conspiracy theme, in SIASL a charactor was named Jubello or Jubellum or something to that effect, that may shed some light. I feel the previous question is linked to this one.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by Missletow]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Heinlein's middle name was Anson.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Go grok yourselves.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:59 PM
link   
just found the site and this is certainly nerve racking... I will jump into this......

this is awesome....

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
My Evaluation of the question
------------------------------------
to(1) humans(2)...(3)?
The question follows suit with the one before it, which was "To drink", to which the answer was "Grok", as this question and the previous one share a similar structure, I have reason to believe that the answer will be somewhat short, perhaps an obscure definition(4), slang(5) or the continuation of a quote or statement(6).
1) To, (not to be confused with too).
We all assume that "to" means In a direction toward so as to reach, however there are multipul more obscure( more or less) definitions:
Toward a given state
The process of computing, pixel by pixel, one or more 2D images from 3D scene data, from the viewpoint of a simulated camera.
Knife used to carve woodblocks.
To stop forward movement by bringing the vessel's bow into the wind and keeping it there.

or it could even be an un-marked abreviation, such as:
Trait Ontology
Thoracic orthosis
Telecommunications Outlet

I think it's fairly safe to say that this isn't an abbrev. and is either "toward a given state" or In a direction toward so as to reach"
2)Humans, (fairly obvious).
" Humans are the most numerous and dominant species" -George Lucas
Humans (люди) of the Noon Universe created by Strugatsky brothers are mostly identical to homo sapiens. Humans inhabit numerous planets, but their original homeworld is probably Earth, others being populated by humans, presumably, as a result of Wanderers' manipulations.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humans_(Noon_Universe)

Believe it or not, you resemble a human (you just have to squint your eyes and tilt your head left)
3) ...
dots . . . used to indicate that material has been deleted from a quotation. Ellipses should be avoided or used extremely carefully by debaters lest there be suspicion that crucial material has been left out.
- www.tmsdebate.org...
three spaced periods indicating the omission of text.
- www.gtscompanies.com...
I think it's safe to go with the last one, and assume there has been an "Omission" (they left something out)
4)Possible answer type, Definition.
as with the last answer (which was similar in build) the answer can be a word, whose definition includes "to humans [something or another]". However, i do not think this is likely, as they would not need an omission (unless they did it to throw us off).
5)Slang, (not street slang, more of aterm that hasn't quite caught on yet).
Slang is the non-standard use of words in a language of a particular social group, and sometimes the creation of new words or importation of words from another language. Slang is a type of sociolect aimed at excluding certain people from the conversation. Slang initially functions as encryption, so that the non-initiate cannot understand the conversation, or as a further way to communicate with those who understand it. .... It might be time to take out your 1337 guide-books (or your teet books, they work too =P). However, i think this answer is the less likely of the two, but you never know.
6)continuation of a quote or statement, self explanitory.
I'm pretty sure this one is the most likely, however it isn't the easiest choice. if it's a quote we could find the first to words and check the word after it and enter that as an answer (or the person who made the quote, check tinwiki could be titor or someone). a statement will be alot harder, and is prettymuch trial and error.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Sorry...had to get a bit of a HL2 fix, but it kept crashing on me so I'm back.

Though it might have to do w/ morse code, i.e. "s", but no go.

Oh yeah...I stand corrected about the biblical/ME connection:

*raises hand & shouts for all to hear*

I WAS WRONG!

Thank you.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by HokkaidoHillbilly]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Missletow
perhaps it is 3 initials? what was heinlien's middle name?
also, as this has a conspiracy theme, in SIASL a charactor was named Jubello or Jubellum or something to that effect, that may shed some light. I feel the previous question is linked to this one.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by Missletow]

it isn't three initals, i've scanned all possible three letter words and two letter words, and all the numbers form 1 - a million, before project black widow got the plug

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Here's an idea...in this book that "grok" came from, is there a name given to humans? I.e. "water vessels", "strawberry ice cream" or something along those lines?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
why did the widow get the plug????????

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by catinthebox
why did the widow get the plug????????

iunno, i think because, ahhhh, iunno everyone else just kinda stoped working on it (if we did four letters we'd have had grok and life (most words have four letters)

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
It's called an ellipses.

new topics

top topics

<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join