It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 204
<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Originally posted by Cutwolf

Originally posted by Imperium Americana
Just submitted my slashdot article. I took the info route. Someone should play the whole underground internet buzz route as well, wiht links to all the various blogs and forums.

The helen keller route is looking dry but I will keep pluging away, without getting in trouble at work. My last day is August 2nd so I am not worried about getting fired!

I quit my job and my last day is tomorrow. So right now, I'm at home (I left 6 hours early). No one was there so no one will know!

I have both of you beat. I quit at the end of May to enjoy the summer.

Gotta look fer somethin' by September, though.

Thats why I quit, too. I made enough money to pay off my school so I figured I'd enjoy the last month

I'm stumped. Either way, Helen is a whore.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Is this Helena post strange or is it just me ..ty for the help mechanic23

Posted by Helena, on October 22, 2005 at 23:26 GMT

My name is Helen, I am 38 and live in the UK. I will soon be starting my own online business. I joined Neo tech last year and am confused. I'd like to share my experience with others.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hal denied Lena hides tried it. I searched THE helena question and came up with a Helena said Hal denied Lena hides. Hal denied Lena hides when i enter it comes up , it is out of sequence

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
i think its not it, kuhl.

the question at hand:

for that, helen said ______ ?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by hud103
Hal denied Lena hides tried it. I searched THE helena question and came up with a Helena said Hal denied Lena hides. Hal denied Lena hides when i enter it comes up , it is out of sequence

Is it "out of sequence", or

"ERROR: out of sequence"

the one with the word "ERROR" is a red herring, to be ignored, means nothing.

But if it says "out of sequence" by itself, it is a valid past or future answer.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
hal denies is an anagram for lena hides.

Nothing more.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
E.M. Forster. Howard's End

Something had come between them. Perhaps it was Society, which henceforward would exclude Helen. Perhaps it was a third life, already potent as a spirit. They could find no meeting-place. Both suffered acutely, and were not comforted by the knowledge that affection survived.

"Look here, Meg, is the coast clear?"

"You mean that you want to go away from me?"

"I suppose so--dear old lady! it isn't any use. I knew we should have nothing to say. Give my love to Aunt Juley and Tibby, and take more yourself than I can say. Promise to come and see me in Munich later."

"Certainly, dearest."

"For that is all we can do."

forster.thefreelibrary.com...

I believe the speaker was Helen. However, "isallwecando" didn't work.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharker524
hal denies is an anagram for lena hides.

Nothing more.

And lena hides is an anagram for helen said. I'm working on anagrams for it, without any success so far. And the quote was "Hal denied Lena hides."

"hal denied" is not an anagram for "lena hides" although it could have been a typo in the quote I found.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
How many people wrote an article for slashdot?

I only saw one person say he did.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz
And lena hides is an anagram for helen said. I'm working on anagrams for it, without any success so far. And the quote was "Hal denied Lena hides."

"hal denied" is not an anagram for "lena hides" although it could have been a typo in the quote I found.

lol, sorry. I read hal denies, but I believe you are right, the quote was hal denied. I remembered coming upon it in my search.

EDIT- I wrote an article about .01 second from the time ATS.com made the post regarding the bonus round
I'm sure there are others, as well. I think it will come down to who made the best article, so I probably won't be picked. I'm sure the people at slashdot are going to be confused as hell, all these articles coming in for a website none of them have heard of...lol.

[edit on 26-7-2006 by Sharker524]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I did. I'm tired. I think I'm going to nap. If the game finishes before I wake up, I want to be a moderator on the new site. Kthx.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I also submitted an article ... it was dry, with a link, but I tossed in some mysterious conclusions at the bottom as a teaser.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
ok to get everyone up to date...

1)3141592653
2)71
3)2
4)titor
5)ton
6)320
7)wills
8)40
9)buffalo
10)area51
11)northwoods
12)tachyon
13)tesla
14)osama
15)885lexington
16)reach
17)fargo
18)lebowski
19)kilby
20)nixon
21)givemethehardones
22)gnihtyreveotrewsnalanifeht
23)431
24)german
25)void
26)thenextquestion
27)oswald
28)idontwanttowait
29)29527
30)this
31)beingtheoneworthy
32)trantor
33)carbon
34)life
35)tolive
36)survive
37-
for that, helen said ______ ?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
ahh this stupid clue

i guess its time to take a lunch break

link   
I'll be out for a while. There's stuff to do that I've been postponing for days now.
Good Luck everyone and c u later

link   

Originally posted by jakaufman
ahh this stupid clue

i guess its time to take a lunch break

Same here ... be back in an hour.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
On www.abovetopsecret.com... helen670 has a podcast. I do not have Quicktime on my work PC so I cannot listen to it. Maybe it is something she says in this podcast? Just an idea
-Stomp

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'll listen to it, I've been trying to come up with something for this clue but I haven't yet. I can listen to the podcast while I look through some of helen's posts on here.

Nope, nothing there

[edit on 26-7-2006 by Jenna]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:10 PM
link   
did helen keller talk really? i tried 'nothing' and 'gnihton' but no avail. sorry about my other post, i wasn't aware we were beyond the 2nd foundation.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Here's a Dictionary definition

helen

n : (Greek mythology) the beautiful daughter of Zeus and Leda who was abducted by Paris; the Greek army sailed to Troy to get her back which resulted in the Trojan War [syn: Helen, Helen of Troy]

It's also a city

helen, GA (city, FIPS 37788)
Population (1990): 300 (256 housing units)
Area: 5.4 sq km (land), 0.0 sq km (water)
Zip code(s): 30545

I bet helen said "I never!"

new topics

top topics

<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join