It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 174
<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
now 111!!!

its moving now, i wonder if they changed the script, for automation.

Where is S. O.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
scroll down on the page you answer the questions on...up to r111 now.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
r111

It's been updating quiet fast the last minute.

EDIT: Beaten by Mechanic 32 and Biggie Smalls

[edit on 25-7-2006 by AlienS]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienS
r111

It's been updating quiet fast the last minute.

see my post top of this page ^^^^

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackJuice
i don't know if anyone else caught this (ive been having trouble keeping up with this thread) but the responce hellno.html gives me an out of sequence error.

Anyhow i think any sort of attempt at limiting who participates or sectioning off a lot of people would be bad. This thread has opened up a lot of people to the ATS community.

If you mean what i was saying, i wasnt trying to limit or section off anyone at all. What i sadi was , i thought posting the answers on wiki was not a good idea because it takes the fun out of taking part thats all

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It doesn't look like any of the code changed. Maybe the admins are getting off work/getthing home from hot wild parties and can update it more frequently

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
okay here is a theory of how to get that counter moving. search for the final answer to everything on different search engines and then click on it and lets see what happens

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
one thing is for sure, they are feeling our impatience and are affraid that we giveup the game.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Do a Google search on 'thefinalanswertoeverything' and see what shows up as sponsored link...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BILL DOOR
If you mean what i was saying, i wasnt trying to limit or section off anyone at all. What i sadi was , i thought posting the answers on wiki was not a good idea because it takes the fun out of taking part thats all

i wasn't directing my comments towards anyone inpeticular i just saw a bunch of threads talking about moving the thread or cooperating on U2U's. As for moving it off wiki i can see your point of view but i would say that if people see that ATS is kicking so much butt at answering this it might encourage them to join the community which further enhances said community through diversity. But don't get too down on yourself it sucks when people cheat off of your hard work, but i admit ive been known once and awhile to look at my neighbors test

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   
i did a bisic whois search and thefinalanswertoeverything.com site was last updated today. which is interesting considering they werent going to mess with the questions or anything any longer

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I think we went wrong way, try to inpyt answer beingtheoneworthy.html at different stages. what if it will show the same eror mesage, and the true answer for q31 is different.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticwarrior72
Do a Google search on 'thefinalanswertoeverything' and see what shows up as sponsored link...

I just joined

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
try changing your IP address (through a proxy etc.) and going to the site, it should count it as a unique view and make it jump faster

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
i did a bisic whois search and thefinalanswertoeverything.com site was last updated today. which is interesting considering they werent going to mess with the questions or anything any longer

Today they most probably added only the counter. On the other hand, their behaviour seems quite spontaneous so there could have been some other minor changes.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackJuice

Originally posted by BILL DOOR

i wasn't directing my comments towards anyone inpeticular i just saw a bunch of threads talking about moving the thread or cooperating on U2U's. As for moving it off wiki i can see your point of view but i would say that if people see that ATS is kicking so much butt at answering this it might encourage them to join the community which further enhances said community through diversity. But don't get too down on yourself it sucks when people cheat off of your hard work, but i admit ive been known once and awhile to look at my neighbors test

I agree

I'm not bothered if people cheat, its just i think we have all had lots of fun playing and think it would be a shame if other people cheated and lost the fun of it. Thats what it's for

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
nevermind....

[edit on 7/25/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
So what do you guy/girls think will happen once 150 unique sites are met?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by avonwodahs
try changing your IP address (through a proxy etc.) and going to the site, it should count it as a unique view and make it jump faster

Will do

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Conspiracy Follower

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s

Today they most probably added only the counter. On the other hand, their behaviour seems quite spontaneous so there could have been some other minor changes.

They probably added the counter because too many people were complaining about how they wouldn't know the correct number. I think they probably also added a couple of q_'s to show that the question was not a riddle, but meant to be taken literally. They probably were the ones who messaged the blog to hint us at the q_.

top topics

<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join