It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 172
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It's been stuck at r104 for a while now. I figure since the counter is manually updated, we just need to wait until whoever runs it gets back to update. Take your powernaps now, people!

link   
The big difference between this and a pubquiz is having to arrange external links back to the site. If that becomes a major factor in making this work, we will need more help than just 30 (or so ATS'ers).

Tell me this - if other groups are working on this, where are they posting?

link   
107 now

w00t!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:10 PM
link   
hmm I guess I was wrong then...

Maybe it's just delayed?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
they are making people loose interest on the game...this marketing stuff could be made over time and not all at once...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
hmm I guess I was wrong then...

Maybe it's just delayed?

i think that too

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticwarrior72
The big difference between this and a pubquiz is having to arrange external links back to the site. If that becomes a major factor in making this work, we will need more help than just 30 (or so ATS'ers).

But the point is it is a GAME where we need to work together (see the tags at the bottom)
I believe that maybe the arraging links is in itself an answer to 1 question, not for every other question left.

As for where the others are posting, who says they have to? There are hundreds of instant messengers out there.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
AlienS, go ahead and add me to the list, as well. I am kind of on the same page as Trancer...been trying to figure this since the beginning but am not able to spend as much time as I would like posting...definately trying though

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Remember how one of the answers to the question Wait was I don't want to wait???

I'm telling you the answer is going to be something along the lines of I don't want to distribute or I am the worthy one. Something like that.

Keep it simple guys.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraph Sephiroth
Since i started this quiz a quiet indecipherable voice has been coming from the computer, has anybody else experienced this?

[edit on 25/7/06 by Seraph Sephiroth]

Uh...I think you should take your computer to an exorcist, ASAP.

link   
At first I did not like the idea of the list. Now I think I’m wrong. This game seems to also be an object lesson of sorts. An individual working at this alone would not have a chance against a large group sharing ideas. That seems to be a point the powers that be have been trying to make lately to gain control over the bickering. The prize is meaningless, the goal is everything. The “One Who is Worthy” could as easily be a group as an individual.

link   
why are me making a ats user game list thing, i dont need to be on it, but if you guys move to something private id like to be in on it,i think everyone would , wed jsut be in a secret forum somewhere, but yeah150 come oooon

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I would like to say one thing, forget your paranoias. There's no way to keep the answers away from outsiders unless you form a closed club of several members and do the whole thing separately from others. I don't think it's worth it but you have the right to choose.

If there are any competing groups then they certainly have members on ATS forum. Some might be even playing a double game on both sides.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticwarrior72

I agree. I went and looked at the sites listed in the blog. I could not find any threads dealing with this game. Granted I did not look that hard, but still I would have expected a quick find.

I suggest a few select members start a COINTELPRO! LOL
I volunteer. Anyone else down? U2U me and we will start hunting the others down.

A little organization for Prof X!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Why move to something private? The prize is clearly going to be control of that domain, thus getting it linked to (so it gets highly ranked on google and gets some traffic), all the clues with regards to prizes, etc, etc...

Its fun in here. If it gets moved to something private, it will ruin the sense of community I think.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf

Since i started this quiz a quiet indecipherable voice has been coming from the computer, has anybody else experienced this?

lol it happens at random and it's electronic. Nothing paranormal about it.

edit:

A strange clicking sound has appeared aswell.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
We need to remain focused on the game.

Where did the tags go? Granted I jumped from one computer to another but I no longer see tags.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Remember how one of the answers to the question Wait was I don't want to wait???

I'm telling you the answer is going to be something along the lines of I don't want to distribute or I am the worthy one. Something like that.

Keep it simple guys.

But didn't it say that we had to wait until the next day, and then it ended up taking us until the next day to figure it out? Maybe we really did have to wait with that question. Also, if you look at the responses from the q_'s, it seems like the site's specifically trying to tell us that we actually do have to share the URL. Notice how the blog first mentioning this says it recieved emails about it. Isn't it entirely possible that the emails came from the creators of this, because they were tired out seeing us think that it was a riddle?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf

ROFLMAO!!!

Since I started this game, my computer crapped out on me 3 times. No BSOD, but no reaction to mouse, keyboard, either, no matter what I tried (even ctrl-alt-del). Has anyone else had this??

I know AGENT_T mentioned some problems, too.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
i duno weather ive missed a page hear but whats the significance with 150 now or are we just seting it as our next milestone

and i havent had my computer crash . . . or talk yet although the cpu does keep runing at 100% with only IE and msn running ??

[edit on 25/7/2006 by Trancer]

new topics

top topics

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join