It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 152
<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hmmm...I'm beginning to wonder if the key is restarting over? I mean, we were told to remember our answers, and time is running out, so we are going to have to restart possibly anyway. Maybe that's the way we push for the next question? Maybe spinning my wheels, but maybe that's what makes the r go up. Maybe r stands for something else? Like restart?? I'm going to start over. Maybe we all should make an effort to, to speed it up? Just a thought. Anyway, I'm gonna give it a go.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Anyone keeping an eye on other forums mentioned in "seekingtheanswer" blog? Or you are not bothered?

I just can't accept the idea there's no way around

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I just submitted using a free search enigne submital program, anyone want to try others and see if the number jumps again to confirm ? Maybe this is what we have to do...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enrikez
So I just managed to trick google into giving me a link to

thefinalanswertoeverything.com

I wonder if we can use the same technique on other sites?

You all know that if you search for a domain that google doesn't recognize, it will give you a link to it anyways? This will work for getting a refferal from google for the game site. I wonder if the other search engines have similar functions? If they do, then we can go around to different engines and search for the domain, thus tricking the enigne into giving us a referal link.

As long as we keep clearing our cookies, we can rack up another twenty or so sites pretty quickly. Does anyone else know how to do this sort of thing on the other search engines?

You may be onto something. I just did the same thing, and actually got to the first question again.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The final answer to everything link that used to take you to page 101 now takes you to the last post in this thread. so 101 may not be so important?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
OK I can't get past the how? question, it says my answer is incorrect when i put in

beingtheoneworthy

What is going on?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I cant answer question 2 anymore!! 71 is the answer! but IT SAYS ITS ITS THE INCORRECT RESPONCE. r71! cound it corrispond to question 2?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I just restarted and went thru all the questions, and when i got to the last one, the counter is gone...i tried it again and its still not there. Anyone else getting this???

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Also for those that want to try it (and haven't already) I just thought of the fact that not only can you post links on websites you can also put a link in your SIGNATURE on OTHER forums. I go to 8-10 different forums so that should add another bunch of domains. This is not spam and is a great way to add some domains

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Fiverz]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
I just submitted using a free search enigne submital program, anyone want to try others and see if the number jumps again to confirm ? Maybe this is what we have to do...

That sounds like a good bet, how do I do that?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by maximusX
Hmmm...I'm beginning to wonder if the key is restarting over? I mean, we were told to remember our answers, and time is running out, so we are going to have to restart possibly anyway. Maybe that's the way we push for the next question? Maybe spinning my wheels, but maybe that's what makes the r go up. Maybe r stands for something else? Like restart?? I'm going to start over. Maybe we all should make an effort to, to speed it up? Just a thought. Anyway, I'm gonna give it a go.

I tried doing this, but the time limit did not restart to 72 hours, only 33 or so...Just over a day each time you restart I guess.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Believe it or not I've read most the posts and have been racking my brain with the rest of you. My counter was at r71 for a while. I tried typing in a few things and it would jump to r78.
Interesting enough though, and ya'll can try this one. when I would type in "research" as an answer I would get an out of sequence, but I had MORE time added back to me. Not only that, but in my frustration, I started clicking the back button, and one of the answers that popped up was "go back". Funny thing, I never tried that as one of my answers.
I hope this helps out some. Let me know what everyone thinks.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Keep trying to resubmit your answers -- it happened to me too when I started over and it just took a few times to take for whatever reason. I finally got back to where we are now, and have been for awhile!

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
ok made a crappy banner, maybe we should click on it and see what happens. It links to the site.

71 really ?
good amybe its working, anyone have a qustion yet ?

[edit on 25-7-2006 by imbalanced]

When I clicked on that banner it jumped from r71 to r78. Maybe the references have to be in this thread and each one can only be clicked once?

Click here

Someone click that link and test it out!

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Barcs]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
When I clicked on that banner it jumped from r71 to r78. Maybe the references have to be in this thread and each one can only be clicked once?

Click here

Someone click that link and test it out!

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Barcs]

We tried that earlier with no success ... it wasn't until we started posting links on new domains that it actually jumped. We think.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
what browsers is everyone using ?
I am using firefox 1.5.0.4

Eveyone knows that some functions of javasript work on FF that dont on IE and in reverse to. Wonder what broswer this brilliant pain in the ass was codeing for........

[edit on 25-7-2006 by imbalanced]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
same here, imbalanced

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I've got IE, don't ask the version though I have no clue.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Im using Firefox as well....

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It seems to me that the website doesn't need anymore hits as it's obviously struggling with the volume of people using it so i really don't think it's a case of waiting, something is being missed

new topics

top topics

<< 149  150  151    153  154  155 >>

join