It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienS

Hey, metaphysician. Who was the person who told you about the website?

Good question!

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
the reward is the final answer to everything, then how can you put a value on that, i think im on to something

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Street Scholar
anyone else notice the r32 that popped up at the bottom of the page? I know it wasn't there this morning.

It would only make sense the it has to do with how far we've progressed since we're not on question 32.

Interesting...

YEah I also got an r33 as well. I was all hoping it was just me ..lol

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
can someone explain to me how to use the q_ function?

link   
It now has r33 at the bottom of the page. Maybe someone has solved this page already?

link   

Originally posted by metaphysician

Originally posted by metaphysician
holy crap this thred is big!

jest caching up

did any1 try asking more questions?

Hey, metaphysician. Who was the person who told you about the website?

My older brother

lol. By any chance would you know how he found out? The reason I'm asking this is because apparently, the website wasn't expected to be found so soon, and the finding of it was meant to be a puzzle within itself.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmabean
when you guys view the source, do you guys take it from just the website (no .html) or do you guys look at it from the question we are on?

No , click save as and save the site to your computer , it will copy a folder with a file in it besides the HTML folder.
you can open the file with note pad , the file is called urchin

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
you can read all about urchin and the site tracking over at google...just google it.

basically, google renamed urchin to google-analytics and dropped the fee. urchin.js is a _javascript utility that gathers info on how users interact with your site and exports that info as a report. Clearly someone is waiting for the stats to meet a certain LEVEL.

I think they are adding more stuff to the page as hits go up, so as not to bore us to death.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Freenrgy2]

link   
i dont see the r 33 tag

link   
q_ is more or less a gimmick and hasn't proven to give any clues/answers. You are however welcome to tryout whatever you want to. Enter the q_ in the url space where you would have answered the question followed by whatever you want, but there's only a few proven responses (q_why, q_how).

The bold text is substantial, but to what extent I do not know. What is another word for a level error? Hm... we have to get the "password" to move onto the next level as this is definately a question not a stopping point (remember the other dead-end question).

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
could just go to tool bar on top and view source

link   

Originally posted by NikTravs
It now has r33 at the bottom of the page. Maybe someone has solved this page already?

Perhaps this is the number that tells us how close we are from getting enough site traffic to proceed. r33 could be 33% or something like that.

link   
ADMIN NOTICE

Urchin/Google is the simple tracking software.

No need to fear.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
my first thought about the "r" number is that it goes where any normal counter would belong. Therefore, I think it is now telling us how much it has tracked...whatever it means.

interesting how it popped up shortly after I decided to post that we have no way to know what and how many is being tracked.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NikTravs

Perhaps this is the number that tells us how close we are from getting enough site traffic to proceed. r33 could be 33% or something like that.

I bet that's it. Either 33%registered or register 33 more people.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Number is r35 for me. So either its going up or its different for people.

That rules out it counting down "how many more people needed."

link   
When did you receive this "r" message and what is the significance of such a response?

link   
I see the tracker is now up to 35...so i'm ruling out that it is the farthest progress made.

'35' could be the legitament number of new IP addresses that hit the site since the tracker was put in....could 'r' stand for "reward"??

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Skeptic... I just saw another post by you. It must have been quickly deleted.

Did anyone else see that?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Its now up to r35! What are the odds someone is solving all the answers right now and is on question 35 as we speak.

new topics

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join