It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well some poorly written flash ad crashed firefox, so I am done for the night. I'll put the answers in real quick when I wake up at 2 AM CST and then I'll be back to solve around 9. For anyone that wants my info to use tonight here's a sum of what I think is happening:

- the ERROR codes have nothing to do with future answers ... unless it says "out of sequence" without the word "ERROR"
- the prize is a website, possibly with exclusive content from ATS
- the space on the current page is insignificant
- we are probably waiting for them to release a new question when there is an increase in traffic ... I just got the notion that they aren't trying to screw with us on this one
- if they are indeed screwing with us, it's not a number ... it's another phrase like "okitstime" or something along those lines
- there is at least a clue in the tag "site traffic"

Ok ladies and gents, I'm off ... good luck with the hunting!

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
ive got a terrible feeling that we've got to wait for the traffic counter to hit a specific target..
but how would we know when thats been reached?
it wouldnt just reset our webpage to the next question..
we're definately missing something..!

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I am officially ruling out the theory that we need to get more people to the site!

1) We do not know how many and can not keep track ourselves.

and most importantly

2) The freakin' timer runs out in a little over a day! They can't expect us to run a campaign in that short of time and get any type of signfigant results.

So again, I think the counter is the most important clue along with the text.

PS: an account number is mentioned in the _javascript.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theodwra
tried

t_h_e_f_i_n_a_l_a_n_s_w_e_r_t_o_e_v_e_r_y_t_h_i_n_g_
t_h_e_f_i_n_a_l_a_n_s_w_e_r_t_o_e_v_e_r_y_t_h_i_n_g
t_h_e__f_i_n_a_l__a_n_s_w_e_r__t_o__e_v_e_r_y_t_h_i_n_g
t_h_e__f_i_n_a_l__a_n_s_w_e_r__t_o__e_v_e_r_y_t_h_i_n_g_

Ok. Thanks. I wasn't going to imput any more answers today, but I'm just going to try spreading back the URL and different variations. I'll post again with my findings.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienS
Did anybody actually try spreading the url like t_h_i_s? I know that either Mechanic 32 or somebody else had mentioned it before,

we were going off course with that.

That is why they had reworded the main part of the message.

Before it said to "This URL Must be spread" in large print.

Now says "distribute this site URL far and wide" in approximately the same place.

edit - actually, I don't remember how it was formatted before, exactly.

spread and distribute mean the same thing, but we took spread as meaning s_p_r_e_a_d. Not very nice to look at, and difficult to do, for long words, or the url.

[edit on 7/24/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dskys
ive got a terrible feeling that we've got to wait for the traffic counter to hit a specific target..
but how would we know when thats been reached?
it wouldnt just reset our webpage to the next question..
we're definately missing something..!

Is there a way to know the traffic levels of the site? Like Alexa.com or something?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
it has to do with site traffic the answer does, maybe somethign in response to what it says o nthe site

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Do you think there is some way we could trick the server into thinking it has obtained the required traffic? I've played some other games before that required the user to fool the website so it could be possible.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
okay mixing it up a bit so we can think about the question differently..

reward value = amount of distribution = question reverting to original when the expected number is reached

level error you are not yet worthy
distribute this site URL far and wide
the value of the reward depends on it

the remaining questions are going to be the hardest yet.
This question will revert to the planned version when site traffic levels,
the result of spreading the URL, reach the expected number

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
What if each line is part of the clue.

what if "bold" were the clue for the first line.

"far & wide"...perhaps outer space

blank line...hmmmm

"toboldlygowherenomanhasgonebefore"

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Professor_X
I am officially ruling out the theory that we need to get more people to the site!

1) We do not know how many and can not keep track ourselves.

and most importantly

2) The freakin' timer runs out in a little over a day! They can't expect us to run a campaign in that short of time and get any type of signfigant results.

So again, I think the counter is the most important clue along with the text.

PS: an account number is mentioned in the _javascript.

does anyone agree with my logic?

Maybe the answer involves some key point in internet history or google's history....i dunno we could be close but we could also be far off.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I agree with you -- and I definately think it is waiting for an answer, not a specific hit count -

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dskys

okay mixing it up a bit so we can think about the question differently..

reward value = amount of distribution = question reverting to original when the expected number is reached

I agree that the reward line has specific meaning...an amount of a) site visitors, b)ATS members, c) the size of this thread.

We have had one recent question that HAD to be found from reference to another place on the ATS website...i will try and concentrate on the ATS site for a bit.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
i was thinking about trying to spoof my cookie into thinkiing i was on level 40 but i toght id get messed up

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
or it could be as simple as trying from scratch tommorow to find that there is a different question in place of the page in question because site traffic has now reached a required level.

Am I wrong to assume that the prize to be awarded is dependent on the revenue generated from traffic to the site. Perhaps ATS or whomever is running the game needs to ensure that the prize is paid for before continuing?

i'm guessing from the tags that we need to be patient and wait for traffic to pick up before continuing.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
LEVEL ERROR sticks out -- what is that about? There's no reason for that to be part of the message to begin with -- it does not fit with the "theme" of the rest of the wording.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hey Guy's I went to see "Lady In The Water"...It was awesome if you care.

I was gone for two hours could someone catch me up. Last I knew we were on

the "Level Error" question. Thanks for your help.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by catinthebox
i was thinking about trying to spoof my cookie into thinkiing i was on level 40 but i toght id get messed up

Cheater!

Actually, I was thinking along the same lines. Sort of crack the cookie code, if you will.

But would they consider it cheating?? Do we know the rules?? Is there a standard set of rules for ATS Games?

link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
or it could be as simple as trying from scratch tommorow to find that there is a different question in place of the page in question because site traffic has now reached a required level.

Am I wrong to assume that the prize to be awarded is dependent on the revenue generated from traffic to the site. Perhaps ATS or whomever is running the game needs to ensure that the prize is paid for before continuing?

i'm guessing from the tags that we need to be patient and wait for traffic to pick up before continuing.

Well, Abovetopsecret.com has already stated that the prize is dependent on more hits, but had nothing to do with ad revenue.

link   
Still there digial. This question is killing me. I must have put in 200 different answers now. I would say wait but I know with ya'll it means me wading through 50 pages tomorrow!

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join