It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by catinthebox
LETS FOCUS ON SOLVING THIS THING

Hey, that was supposed to be my line. lol

But agreed.

nevermind the arrow for now, just for reference.

[edit on 7/24/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
think about this, distribute "this url far and wide" or maybe distribute "www.thefinalanswertoeverything.com far and wide" anagrams? anything?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

It is a big coincidence considering Simons signature.

He may be reading the posts here and did that to create a diversion. Then, again?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
LOL

Your response is not correct.
it is important to distribute this site
-320497 hours, 34 minutes, and 1 seconds for correct response.

-320497 hours?!?!?! WTF

Check out the expiration on the cookies too. I have one that expires in 2038 and another in roughly 27 hours...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

He may be reading the posts here and did that to create a diversion. Then, again?

Is there any significance to this game, in your opinion??

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Everytime we over thought the past 4 questions it turned out the answers were not too sophisticated - I suspect the passage to the next level must be something right in front of us -- not terribly out in left field...but what?

link   
i think the first thing we have to do is work out from the question as a whole..
what part is the ACTUAL question..
is it about the distribution of the url?
reach the desired number?
something to do with level error?
the result of spreading the url?
the next questions are going to be the hardest yet?

link   
level error is bolded, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Did anybody actually try spreading the url like t_h_i_s? I know that either Mechanic 32 or somebody else had mentioned it before, but I'm not sure if they ever did it or if it was actually related to this question. I can't do it because my computer restarted, so I have to put all the answers in again, which I won't do today. Remember, it says "Distribute this URL far and wide" and also "the spreading of the URL."

Might want to try to spread the website url itself, different variations of it, and also the number of underscores between each letter. Might also want to try to spread the word URL itself.

EDIT: Reach the expected number might also mean reaching the expected level in this game/puzzle.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by AlienS]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

Is there any significance to this game, in your opinion??

I have no idea? It seems the next step to finding out is to spread the URL
I think that is literal and that no questions will be forthcoming until their are more hits on that site.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienS
Did anybody actually try spreading the url like t_h_i_s? I know that either Mechanic 32 or somebody else had mentioned it before, but I'm not sure if they ever did it or if it was actually related to this question. I can't do it because my computer restarted, so I have to put all the answers in again, which I won't do today. Remember, it says "Distribute this URL far and wide" and also "the spreading of the URL."

Might want to try to spread the website url itself, different variations of it, and also the number of underscores between each letter. Might also want to try to spread the word URL itself.

I tried it for some other question, and it didn't work, but I didn't try it again. Be my guest and do it yourself.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
it cant be litteral, when i said the amount of hits affects the worth of the prize the admin replied, but thats because that questio nneeded answering so we could understand, and he did, and now hes not meddling with us because WERE O NTHE RIGHT TRACK, we haev to solve this

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Except that it is looking for a correct response (when I refesh and get off the "error level" screen) -- which means this simply may be another question instead of a delay.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   

EDIT: Reach the expected number might also mean reaching the expected level in this game/puzzle.

That's a good idea. What possibilities could this be?

U_R_L.htm?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
ats had a huge spike in the middle of 2003

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by functioningnormal
Everytime we over thought the past 4 questions it turned out the answers were not too sophisticated - I suspect the passage to the next level must be something right in front of us -- not terribly out in left field...but what?

I agree with what you are saying. Everything has right there for us before. Also, the site has never "pulled a fast one" on us. Therefore, I think the insertation of the counter is THE clue or we actually have to get more people to view the page.

I am looking into the counter now.

link   

yes, tried www.t-h-e-f-i-n-a-l-a-n-s-w-e-r-t-o-e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g.com thinking they might have had an alternate site. tried the same with underscores as well.

link   

Originally posted by catinthebox
ats had a huge spike in the middle of 2003

I think that's when Slashdot mentioned an ATS article, causing it to jump. Might have been another instance though.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
tried

t_h_e_f_i_n_a_l_a_n_s_w_e_r_t_o_e_v_e_r_y_t_h_i_n_g_
t_h_e_f_i_n_a_l_a_n_s_w_e_r_t_o_e_v_e_r_y_t_h_i_n_g
t_h_e__f_i_n_a_l__a_n_s_w_e_r__t_o__e_v_e_r_y_t_h_i_n_g
t_h_e__f_i_n_a_l__a_n_s_w_e_r__t_o__e_v_e_r_y_t_h_i_n_g_

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sillinous1

That's a good idea. What possibilities could this be?

U_R_L.htm?

more like, the actual url because it said, spread this url
stupid long url)

new topics

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join