It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Hi everyone, wanted to say I've seen some great brainstorming coming out of you guys throughout this "game" good work.I've been lurking, just signed up to point out the tracking script that has been added to this page we are stuck at.....it was not on previous pages, I have been checking the source on every page ...this is the first page that had:

_uacct = "UA-475284-5";
urchinTracker();
included, perhaps we cannot continue until x amount of people reach this point in particular, as Professor x has speculated

link   
so after clearing my cookies to start over...this caught my eye as I was logging into ATS...can anyone make any connections?

Discussion Board Statistics

Posts, 24hr: 3160
Posts, 7 days: 17784
New members: 24hr: 65
New members: 7 days: 416
Total Posts: 2337352
Members posting: 24hr: 602
Members posting: 7 days: 1493
Board Threads: 214735
Board Members: 65893
Members Visits 24hr: 1868
Members Visits 7 days: 3116

link   
1)3141592653
2)71
3)2
4)titor
5)ton
6)320
7)wills
8)40
9)buffalo
10)area51
11)northwoods
12)tachyon
13)tesla
14)osama
15)885lexington
16)reach
17)fargo
18)lebowski
19)kilby
20)nixon
21)givemethehardones
22)gnihtyreveotrewsnalanifeht
23)431
24)german
25)void
26)thenextquestion
27)oswald
28)idontwanttowait
29)29527
30)this
31)beingtheoneworthy

level error you are not yet worthy
distribute this site URL far and wide
the value of the reward depends on it

the remaining questions are going to be the hardest yet. This question will revert to the planned version when site traffic levels, the result of spreading the URL, reach the expected number.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by buthed

_uacct = "UA-475284-5";
urchinTracker();
included, perhaps we cannot continue until x amount of people reach this point in particular, as Professor x has speculated

can someone explain this in english?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
This may be of relevence to the member that brought up links for a couple threads regarding "Battlefield 2"

That was me that posted the links. Just grasping at straws. When I searched for “the Final Answer to Everything” I only got one other hit that actually contained those words. I then searched ATS for game and came up with the other. Then I found out that Electronic Arts the publisher is about to release “Battlefield 2142” which is based on a world after Global Warming etc. etc. etc.. All ATS subjects which got my curiosity up. Its probably a red herring though.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theodwra

_uacct = "UA-475284-5";
urchinTracker();

go lern compter lingages

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Theodwra if you right click on the page and select view source it will show the source code (html) for the page.All previous pages have not had the script included (the one i pasted in my last post) this script is used to track traffic on the page as I understand

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theodwra

_uacct = "UA-475284-5";
urchinTracker();

they are now tracking the number of hits, possible unique IP hits to the site. When I reset cookies and started over, the tracker was found in every previous page.

My most logical assumption is this: Staff wants the game to a) run longer and b) attract a larger crowd of ATS members. If that is the case, then it is sad that we have come this far and now have to get x more people to the same point as us (more competition) just so that we can continue.

On the very positive side, we had the same exact type of frustration for the question where we thought we needed to wait for the next question. Perhaps we need to think like that question and ask what action do we need to do (or not do) in order to surpass this.

last time "i dont want to wait" got us through, so maybe something along the lines of "i dont want to promote" may work.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
okay after staring for a few hours now..

does this inspire anyone.
IF the site is the prize, then would the site be worth more if it had more hits/traffic?
i dont know was just brainstorming..

this reward to the one worthy

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555 Its probably a red herring though.

maybe not.

It is a big coincidence considering Simons signature. Unless he put that in After your posting the links. But I don't know for sure. Don't remember ever really watching his sig before.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
ok guys, its now obviously goign both ways, how about we promote it, while guessing, level error, that space, and "the number we have to make it to" are clues

editeiditidieidit: wouldnt they make it huge and say, ATS BULLITEN DISTRIUTETHE LINK TO CONTINUE, THIS IS OFFICIAL

[edit on 24-7-2006 by catinthebox]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
anyone find it curious that "level error" is in a different format...bolded it looks.

when you stop and think about it, these are riddles....why would they need a heading saying "level error" unless it meant something.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dskys

IF the site is the prize, then would the site be worth more if it had more hits/traffic?

And abovetopsecret.com did say that the value doesn't change because of the ad revenue, so what other reason is there for the change in value unless the reward reallt is the website? Also, the answer to the antiprize and prize questions, as well as previous ATS games seem to point toward it.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
so we promote the site? or just in around ats? are we going for a big scale here?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   

makes sense...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   

that could be the best interpretation I have heard so far....everything makes sense except two things. First, I can not see how attracting more people would add to the revenue of ATS signifigantly enough to determine the value of the prize. I mean a thousand unique visitors is never worth more than $5-10 as far as ad rev. goes... Second, if you prize is ownership of the site, there will be no further hits unless a second game is eventually made with the addition of ad placements.

EDIT:

second idea makes a lot of sense...think how many times us conspiracy nuts would click the ads thinking they are related to the answer

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Professor_X]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
LETS FOCUS ON SOLVING THIS THING

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Great we are stuck here, and there is other things going on in ATS land.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wish I could clone myself

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   
perhaps the answer contains the word "spam" or something similar. The second line

has very peculiar wording and the wording used sounds almost like it is defining how to spam.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Professor_X
anyone find it curious that "level error" is in a different format...bolded it looks.

when you stop and think about it, these are riddles....why would they need a heading saying "level error" unless it meant something.

true, and why would it be an error if the sequence of the questions was planned...it doesn't make sense.

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join