It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Maybe they are using us for test subjects for their new tracking software.

Urchin provides information as to which keywords are working for a website (in ratios and graphs I guess).

Talk about IRONY...conspiracy nuts have been unwitting test subjects in some secret plot...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well I posted it up on BTS, there's probably a lot of people there that haven't seen this game thread.

I think we're stuck until the traffic count reaches whatever level they want. Wish we could see what it's at now - I looked for site monitors we could use but I can't find any that will track sites you don't own.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
All of you have missed something major!

Reread this
"the remaining questions are going to be the hardest yet. This question will revert to the planned version when site traffic levels, the result of spreading the URL, reach the expected number."

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Can someone explain the answers after #27? Many of them seem as if they were almost found by chance. I'd appreciate if anyone could give me a brief synopsis of why they think the answers are what they are.

Peace.

-CW

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   
"This question will revert to the planned version..."

OK, so
1. This is a question

2. What does "revert to the planned version" mean exactly? Does this mean that we're still on the "prize?" question?
What's the planned version and what would be the latest question to it? The prize? The how?
When did it "escape" the planned version, at which point did that happen exactly?

Maybe if we take a really good look at what this question is saying, we can figure it out. We just have to know what we're looking for.

link   

Originally posted by SaucyRossy

Reread this
"the remaining questions are going to be the hardest yet. This question will revert to the planned version when site traffic levels, the result of spreading the URL, reach the expected number."

Are you saying have patience?

link   
hey all...i have a 5 minute break so this is my only post for the next couple hours.

I would like everyone to think very careful about spreading the URL Do not forget that this is a contest....

a few key points...

-Admin Hunt said something along the lines of "the winner" as in there can only be one.
-In admin hunt's first post, he stated that he wants ATS members to solve this before those "others around the world" do...
-If only an ATS member can win...then why would anyone else want to play?
-How could ATS possibly benefit from a member promoted plan? Say 1,000 people sign up on ATS b/c of that game...95% of them will only be here because of that game and nothing else. ever. translation = no ad revenue and the admins should know that.

I just don't want to send this thing to any and everyone, have them take a 5 minute look at our thread and take all of our hard work away....there are plenty of us here to figure it out.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
...and where to look for it

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by celticwarrior72
Can someone explain the answers after #27? Many of them seem as if they were almost found by chance. I'd appreciate if anyone could give me a brief synopsis of why they think the answers are what they are.

Peace.

-CW

You're correct, they were found by chance. That pretty much explains everything.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
perhaps the traffic level spoken about is referring to the traffic level here at ATS....even more specifically, the most populated forum or the most populated time of day on the thread...

I gotta go...someone want to look into that theory.

GOODLUCK

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Professor_X
hey all...i have a 5 minute break so this is my only post for the next couple hours.

I would like everyone to think very careful about spreading the URL Do not forget that this is a contest....

a few key points...

-Admin Hunt said something along the lines of "the winner" as in there can only be one.
-In admin hunt's first post, he stated that he wants ATS members to solve this before those "others around the world" do...
-If only an ATS member can win...then why would anyone else want to play?
-How could ATS possibly benefit from a member promoted plan? Say 1,000 people sign up on ATS b/c of that game...95% of them will only be here because of that game and nothing else. ever. translation = no ad revenue and the admins should know that.

I just don't want to send this thing to any and everyone, have them take a 5 minute look at our thread and take all of our hard work away....there are plenty of us here to figure it out.

Spreading the link to the riddle and spreading the link to ATS are two entirely different things. ATS leads to the riddle, but the riddle in no way leads to ATS. Only ATS members know it's an ATS thing.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Well I posted it up on BTS, there's probably a lot of people there that haven't seen this game thread.

I think we're stuck until the traffic count reaches whatever level they want. Wish we could see what it's at now - I looked for site monitors we could use but I can't find any that will track sites you don't own.

I feel as I have done my part as well. I have included links to this thread, and the game site, in my signature. As I have 4128 posts made, chances are great that it will be noticed.

[edit on 7/24/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Reread this

wanna tell us what you mean exactly. what, in your opinion, did we miss? don't leave us hanging

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz

Spreading the link to the riddle and spreading the link to ATS are two entirely different things. ATS leads to the riddle, but the riddle in no way leads to ATS. Only ATS members know it's an ATS thing.

if that's the case how would an outsider figure out a question like #29?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theodwra
"This question will revert to the planned version..."

OK, so
1. This is a question

2. What does "revert to the planned version" mean exactly? Does this mean that we're still on the "prize?" question?
What's the planned version and what would be the latest question to it? The prize? The how?
When did it "escape" the planned version, at which point did that happen exactly?

Maybe if we take a really good look at what this question is saying, we can figure it out. We just have to know what we're looking for.

Personally, I would stick with my own version that this is not the question yet and the REAL question will appear later. However, it could be that if at this point of time you would enter the correct answer (by pure guessing) for the 32nd question you would be allowed to continue. This reasoning does not contradict the statement which claims that all the answers (and questions) are already created and not edited later.

link   
maybe it means that only one person can be on the site answering the questions

link   

Reread this

do you mean the fact that it actually states that this is a question?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theodwra

Originally posted by Fiverz

if that's the case how would an outsider figure out a question like #29?

That's how they ensure only ATS members win the prize ... as long as we don't tell non-members the answers, you have to get on to ATS to answer it correctly.

If I stumble upon the link without having knowledge of ATS there is no way I could know about ATS unless I searched google for some help. Maybe the ad revenue and adding members comes in there, I don't know. I think it's just more for publicity for the URL than anything ... but that's just a gut feeling and not really based on any facts.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I'm curious as to why the footer (copyright) is hidden at the bottom of the screen.

Are there any 52 year old, prominent ATS members (or staff members) that would fit...
WAIT! "The final answer is (copyright) 1954-2006 Holders Of The True Answer"
Is there a group of people, organization, etc. that was founded in 1954 and is somehow tied into this?

Must...dig...more...

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Can someone outline for me the logic behind the answers for the questions after #27? I've kind of lost track of the reasoning, however tenuous.

Peace,

-CW

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join