It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the final answer to everything? (strange website)

page: 100
<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
Someone try "willsurgerybedone.html" and let me know the results please.

If found, I think I know why.

Tried it as the answer and as a question. Nothing

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
somewhere it said the clues are in the other answers and the tags say remember, dude...... is there anything in the big lebowski that ties into this question

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kristus
If you use the _javascript code I provided previously you will be able to test whether or not your response is actually a correct answer. The first field the code has is "seeker=" and the number after "=" will be the number of the question you are trying to find. Right now it is 29. If you get a correct answer it will be 30.

Yea but then the page will change too anyways ... so you still have to input the correct answer to get it to change.

EDIT: nevermind I see what you're saying ... but it doesn't matter what you put in it always stays at 29

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Fiverz]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienS

Originally posted by Prote
Why isn't q_ the answer. It says, "your question is blank".

Blank

is

the

next

question!?

There's a reason someone posted that q_ thing!!! but wait, I'm the only one that thinks this is a conspiracy.

no. q_ asks the computer a question. That's why it says YOUR QUESTION is blank. It's referring to the question that comes after the q_, indicating that you want the ask the computer program that.

If q_ on it's own doesn't mean anything, it would state Incorrect Answer, but it does'nt. Why? If it wasn't the question, it wouldn't ask a question or at least, makes a statement a question. i.e. Your Question is Blank

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kristus
FYI: If you want to see the content of your cookie for that site you can type:

_javascript:document.cookie)

into the address bar and hit enter. A pop up message will come up giving you the information contained within the cookie. There are also ways to change the information contained within said cookie.

EDIT: Remove the "_" from the beginning of the code.

[edit on 7/24/2006 by Kristus]

did you come from the "hackersNetwork" ??

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Blank

is

the

next

question!?

There's a reason someone posted that q_ thing!!! but wait, I'm the only one that thinks this is a conspiracy.

no. q_ asks the computer a question. That's why it says YOUR QUESTION is blank. It's referring to the question that comes after the q_, indicating that you want the ask the computer program that.

If q_ on it's own doesn't mean anything, it would state Incorrect Answer, but it does'nt. Why? If it wasn't the question, it wouldn't ask a question or at least, makes a statement a question. i.e. Your Question is Blank

q_ from what little I remember from my friends and their coding, is a simple command that stands for query.

You type in q_"Your Question Here"

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OSoLoJo
somewhere it said the clues are in the other answers and the tags say remember, dude...... is there anything in the big lebowski that ties into this question

Remember and dude were actually supposed clues for the last question, which took a bazillion pages to answer. It ended up being a red herring, and is just remaining there because it hasn't been deleted.

link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
did you come from the "hackersNetwork" ??

That's actually fairly standard script to view cookies ... nothing hax0riffic about that one.

Doesn't appear to help, other than telling what question you are on anyways.

link   
has it been confirmed by other people that there appear to be various answers that yield the "out of sequence" message instead of the "response is not correct".

I get about 50-50 now...maybe the out of sequence means that it is close to the right answer.

or i just guessed 3 of the future answers randomly

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Professor_X
has it been confirmed by other people that there appear to be various answers that yield the "out of sequence" message instead of the "response is not correct".

I get about 50-50 now...maybe the out of sequence means that it is close to the right answer.

If you enter in any answer multiple times you will get some of both. It seems that's it's indiscriminate to what answers you put in.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Blank

is

the

next

question!?

My guess would be it says your question is blank, so if somebody just types in q_, they would know that they could do something with it. The reason it's not the next question is because if you refresh it, it doesn't say the answer is out of sequence, or is wrong, like it does with all the other questions, but rather remains the same, just like all the questions you ask beginning with q_.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I realize that the number on "seeker=" wont change unless you guess correctly. I simply provided the code for the people questioning whether "q_" was the next correct answer. If it were correct, the code would have returned 30. Since it doesnt I think it is safe to assume that it isnt the next correct answer.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz

Originally posted by Professor_X

If you enter in any answer multiple times you will get some of both. It seems that's it's indiscriminate to what answers you put in.

i dunno... i entered "throat", "tonsils" and "backofthroat" and they all gave the out of sequence message every single time while other stuff, valid guesses and garbage do nothing.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Gotcha

Forget the LOTR thing ... that was a waste of 20 min.

I still can't get around the idea that it's a TOWN ... it's the only thing I can't find in all this info about the surgery. That would keep with the theme that it's a simple answer but just a matter of searching correctly for it.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

q_ from what little I remember from my friends and their coding, is a simple command that stands for query.

You type in q_"Your Question Here"

That maybe so but who controls the return when a "TRUE" statement is made? It will be coded to return that statement "You're question is blank". They can get it to return whatever they want, my question is why are they returning such an abiguous statement when some random poster comes and blurts out, hey guys try q_ .....fishy fishy fishy

I also think there is credence with the "future answer" thing but they have changed it (twice, I think). I won't tell you my new theory but needless to say, if you type in 2.html, it returns the out of sequence but note the lack of the word ERROR and where the answer was placed.

Or I'm a total paranoid loon!

[edit on 24/7/06 by Prote]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
That's because it was a previous answer (question 3). I've already established that you don't get the "ERROR" part of the message if you enter in an answer already used (it's somewhere up in this massive thread haha).

EDIT: grammar

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Fiverz]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I say, lets drop the "q_" clue for now. (but remember it for later)

Move on with "Where?"

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Move on with "Where?"

How do you know if you are working on the right question?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Move on with "Where?"

I still think the 'where' refers to where you should go for surgery, where is the problem located, where is it fixed....something along those lines...

are there any places known for outstanding UPPP surgery or research??

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Move on with "Where?"

Agreed. I only try out new questions just to give myself a break every now and then

Been searching on ATS for uvulopalatopharyngoplasty, pharynx, uvula, palate...someone mentioned that "where" could mean where on the site.
Nothing so far...

new topics

top topics

<< 97  98  99    101  102  103 >>

join