It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy Space Command lowers the flag.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I heard sad news today. Its about a month old, so some may already know this.

DC Military News June 01, 2006

NNSOC flag to be lowered at Dahlgren

The flag will come down a final time today at NNSOC. It will represent a pulling up of nearly 50-year-old historic roots that were planted as one of the first Navy seeds in space at what was then the Naval Weapons Laboratory.

The time of NNSOC and its predecessors was a monumental one at Dahlgren. The commands were directly involved in every space venture this nation ever launched after 1961 and helped defend against every threat the country faced as it maneuvered satellites over harm's way--including Operations Desert Storm and Iraqi Freedom.

The Naval Network and Space Operations Command was created established on July 12, 2002, through the merger of elements of Naval Space Command and the Naval Network Operations Command.

No Space Navys in our future...

No Gallant Captains sailing the Seas of Space...

Its a sad day for sea faring men/women everywhere

[edit on 22-7-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I got the impression that Starships and that sort of thing were going to fall under the Air Force if a special branch of the military wasn't created

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
That is sad news. Now it is over two years ago that this "changing of the guard" happened. So passes another era, another page in the proud Navy history. I had the priviledge of serving at what was then the Naval Command in 1989, as a Naval Reservist for a JCS project. It was probably the most rewarding two weeks of active training that I had ever had, before or since. I retired in 1992, and still look back to that time fondly. Farewell and following seas.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
NOOooOOOOOOOOOOoOoooOOOOOOOOOOOooooOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE GOD SAY IT AINT SO!

This is untrue, it can't be true, there is no way the USN would give up something as awesome as a fleet of star destroyers.

new topics

top topics

join