It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you BTSs biggest Sci-Fi fan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Here is your chance to proclaim that you are the Sci-Fi’s #1 fan. Back up your claim with statements showing that you are Sci-Fi’s biggest fan.
Do you stay up all night watching the Sci-fi channel? Do you attend sci-fi conventions every year? Are you in the documentary “Trekkies?” Do you have a room just for all your Star Wars merchandise?

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I have watched all episodes of all Star Trek series and all Star Trek movies. Several times.
I also watched all episodes of Babylon 5, Stargate SG1, Stargate Atlantis, Farscape, Earth 2, Battlestar Galactica both old and new, The X Files ( I know the names of all episodes, ultra-mega-nerd alert here), Millenium, Alien Nation, The Dead Zone, Earth:Final Conflict... Several Times.
Then the new ones and one season wonders I only watched once: Invasion, Surface, Ghost Whisperer, Supernatural, Firefly, The 4400, Odyssey 5.
I watched most episodes of Sliders, Andromeda, Seaquest, Psi Factor, Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, Max Hedroom, Quantum Leap... I can't even remember them all

I watched most sci-fi movies.

I also read countless sci-fi and fantasy books several times: Asimov, Clarke, Silverberg, Niven, Lem, Herbert, Baxter, Adams, Pratchett, Tolkien.... and so on.

I have a huge "I want to believe" poster on my wall.
And a Middle Earth Map.
And some Star Wars figurines everywhere.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I bought the whole of the Q collection, from star treck.
Not only do I watch many of the shows, but almost everything I read is scifi, since it's my favorite genre. I often will sleep only 3-5 hours (am one of those people who needs some 10 hors of sleep) just to finish a scifi book. I am a skinflint who buys scifi novels.

But I'm not the number one nerdling...my boyfriend is.

he combines many scifi and anime selections into long fan fictions....and I mean he's spent many years on this.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Validations of argument:

1.) I have over $3,000 in UNOPENED Star Wars toys.

2.) I actually catagorize my massive library of science fiction movies by country.

3.) I study theoretical physics for FUN.

4.) I had a data port installed in the back of my neck. (Alright, that one's a lie.)

5.) Not only do I Photoshop these images for use as avatars, but I also go to dance clubs looking like this.

Farscape:

Final Fantasy: Advent Children

My geek photon beams your geek into a sticky protoplasm!

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
2.) I actually catagorize my massive library of science fiction movies by country.

And I thought I had a science-fiction problem...

My own method of filing my novels (science-fiction and others) in alphabetical order upset one of my university friends, since I had Jane Austen next to Isaac Asimov!

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I have seen all the star wars movies 10 Kajillion Billion times! I watch at least one Star Wars movie a day. Ask me anything about star wars and ill awnser it. I have spent Thousands of dolelrs on star wasrs mechindise.I have a lot of stuff.

[edit on 8/6/2006 by The_Time_is_now]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I uh....

Really Like Sci-Fi

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Semper

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well let's see here.

1. I've seen every episode of StarGate SG-1 and StarGate Atlantis.
2. I've read encyclopediaesque articles on every StarTrek species.
3. I have read more Sci-Fi books than I can count.
4. I can fluently speak technobabble.
5. I have a Klingon to English dictionary.
6. I study quantum physics in my spare time.
7. I've seen every ST: Voyager episode.

Wow, now that I read that, I feel so geekish.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I once spent a good chunk of a day looking through Wookieepedia just to read up on more of the background of the Star Wars Universe.

The star wars universe is bigger than our own, star wars writers defy the laws of physics and type faster than our own universe expands!

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
I once spent a good chunk of a day looking through Wookieepedia just to read up on more of the background of the Star Wars Universe.

Well, what else are you going to do to kill the time at work?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Well let's see here.

1. I've seen every episode of StarGate SG-1 and StarGate Atlantis.
2. I've read encyclopediaesque articles on every StarTrek species.
3. I have read more Sci-Fi books than I can count.
4. I can fluently speak technobabble.
5. I have a Klingon to English dictionary.
6. I study quantum physics in my spare time.
7. I've seen every ST: Voyager episode.

Wow, now that I read that, I feel so geekish.

Add:
1. and just about every cheesy 80's sci-fi series ever made
2. and encyclopedias of Star Wars, and other series
3. ditto, but I've even played the Roleplaying Games based on them
4. Yep, and a smattering of Klingon
5. Yep, and an Elvish dictionary, and Drow dictionary
6. Me too, especially anything with String Theory or M Theory
8. extend that to the other ST franchises...

and:

I've got the Star Wars toys...
Not only have I played D&D, I've been a DM (and for other RP games)
I used to run a guild on EQ
I dress up and go to Ren Fests, and I even dress up for Fantasy/Sci-Fi movies on occassion.
I have a 4.0 GPA in college...(that's pretty geeky)
Though I could have pre-ordered the book, I'll be in line at midnight tonight to get the new Harry Potter book...just to meet the fans of the books.
Collection of UFO books, films, posters, even a copy of the Roswell Record front page from July 8, 1947.
I married someone almost just as geeky as I am...

That's pretty damn geeky folks...

EDIT: and I try to go to DragonCon each year, and a couple of local Cons.

[edit on 20-7-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
So you're gonna hang out in line with hundreds of people dressed up as HP characters,
wow, that's dedication.

On a side note, I pre-ordered my copy ages ago.

posted on Jul, 27 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

So you're gonna hang out in line with hundreds of people dressed up as HP characters,
wow, that's dedication.

On a side note, I pre-ordered my copy ages ago

Actually, my wife won the costume contest (and got a gift certificate that went towards buying the book!). She went as Moaning Myrtle (the pics are around here somewhere on BTS). I went as Mad Eye. (would have won for best male costume, but though I got more applause, they gave it to a kid...ya know).

It wasn't about getting the book. At 7am the next day, I could have picked it up at any supermarket, and I was fully aware of that. It was about being part of the fun, talking with other fans, and generally just making it a more memorable experience.

new topics

top topics

join