It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worldwide Conservative Political Parties

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Here is an attempt to list the conservative-leaning parties in the major countries where ATS members reside:

United States of America
Republican Party (GOP)
Libertarian Party
Constitution Party

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Conservative Party (Tory)
British National Party
Ulster Unionist Party
Democratic Unionist Party
United Kingdom Independence Party

Canada
Conservative Party

Commonwealth of Australia
Liberal Party
National Party

Kingdom of the Netherlands (Koninkrijk der Nederlanden)
Christian Democratic Appeal (Christen Democratisch Appèl)
Pim Fortuyn List (Lijst Pim Fortuyn)
Christian Union (ChristenUnie)

That should be a good start, everyone please feel free to add parties to any country I already listed or list new countries' conservative parties. Either reply to this post or u2u me and I can add it to this one.

[edit on 7/25/2006 by djohnsto77]

df1

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
As a libertarian, id be interested in hearing under what defintition of conservatism the republican party qualifies as being conservative. Imho the republicans spend money just as liberally their democratic counterparts, the only difference being is that they loot the treasury to support a different set of pet projects than democratic party.

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 03:45 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Norway

Norways conservative party

Note the party gives an outline of its values in english on the homepage.

Germany
Csu
CSU english homepage

Cde

No english version available.
[edit on 8-8-2006 by xpert11]

Note I take responsibility for any errors.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Japan

Liberal Democratic

Caters for english speaking people.

South Africa

ACDP

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:09 PM
link   
France

Union for a Popular Movement,

No english verison available.

Mexico

National Action party

No english version available.

India

Bharatiya Janta Party

The BJP website seems to be aimed at english speaking people.

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Are you going to add the dictatorships or is this 'democracy' only?

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
Are you going to add the dictatorships or is this 'democracy' only?

It was intended to be for democratically elected republican forms of government mainly, but if you have something interesting to add (other than plain vanilla dictators), please do so. In any case, they should be a viable and legal alternative to any party in the country.

[edit on 8/13/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
So it's none of the 'boil them in oil' conservatives?

Check.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   

So it's none of the 'boil them in oil' conservatives?

No, I think we should be listing conservative parties in the context of democratically elected governments where there are more liberal alternatives available.

[edit on 8/13/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 14 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Israel

Likud

Im not sure whats going on with the Likud site I cant read Hebrew.

Thailand

Chart

[edit on 14-8-2006 by xpert11]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
South Korea

Grand National Party

No English version available.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1
As a libertarian, id be interested in hearing under what defintition of conservatism the republican party qualifies as being conservative. Imho the republicans spend money just as liberally their democratic counterparts, the only difference being is that they loot the treasury to support a different set of pet projects than democratic party.

I agree, they are no different then Liberals as far as money, and the only actual difference is what they spend the money on.

Also I would like to give a congrats to Canada, of all people Canada has the most original party for the conservatives... I tip my hat to you.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

By
djohnsto77

No, I think we should be listing conservative parties in the context of democratically elected governments where there are more liberal alternatives available.

Ahh, the wonders of liberalism. The ability to have an alternative.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Ahh, the wonders of liberalism. The ability to have an alternative.

I think we're dealing with two different definitions of liberalism here. The U.S. and UK are generally liberal democracies where people have rights to privacy, due process, trial by jury, and other important limits on government. But within our countries, there exists a cancer known as the far-left that want to basically overturn the rule of law, let prisoners guilty of violent crimes go with little or no prison time, and countless other initiatives.

I'm strongly for a liberal democracy with checks and balances on government, but I'm totally against a far left government where there is no moral compass present whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
South Africa

ACDP

I know this thread isn't really for debating, but just a little correction. The ACDP may be a "little conservative" (when it comes to issues like abortion, homosexuality, etc.), but they're not really the "official" Conservative Party in South Africa. It used to be the Conservative Party (KP), but in 2003 they teamed up with the Freedom Front (Later to be "renamed" the Freedom Front Plus). This party stands for "white Afrikaner Rights", which basically makes it a far-right wing, thus a true conservative party.

[edit on 28-9-2006 by Gemwolf]

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

posted by djohnsto77
there exists a cancer known as the far-left that want to basically overturn the rule of law, let prisoners guilty of violent crimes go with little or no prison time, and countless other initiatives.

Such a scary fairytale… sorry... picture, you paint DJ.

Pray tell, In which Western country does this evil faction actually rule or have indeed any say above the right wing sanctioned might of corporate authority?

By rule of course I mean control the everyday enterprise of government, and nay the daydreams of wannabe fascists?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
kegs,

I'm not really sure what's going on in the UK or other nations, but here in the United States, it's clear that some groups like the ACLU want to totally destroy traditional society, morals, and values.

If you can't see it, then you're blind (no insult meant).

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by df1

I'm gonna agree with this also, i'm not a libertarian though or a member of the GOP. I do belong to the Constitution Party, I became sick of the reckless spending of the GOP, the party that used to be about fiscal responsibility. I guess not getting your constituents the little frills using someone else's money doesn't get you relected. Maybe some day the GOP will come back around but I suspect that those days are long gone, and third parties are our only hope now if we could just get more people to vote for us.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Serbia
Democratic Party of Serbia (Демократска странка Србије)

Unfortunately, web page in English still doesn't work

Croatia
Croatian Democratic Union (Hrvatska Demokratska Zajednica)

Only in Croatian.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by Vojvoda]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join