It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 soldiers die and 8 civilians injured in latest homicide attack in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
whilst patrolling the area of KANDAHAR in Afghanistan. The coalition troops vehicle came under attack by homicide bombers who had rammed their car that was full of bombs in to them. Two of the soldiers were killed and eight were injured. Whilst this was going on a second incident happened when a lone suicide bomber walked in to a group of bystanders and detonated a bomb that was attached to him, this bomber killed six of the bystanders and wounded about 20 more.

uk.news.yahoo.com
Eight people were killed, including two foreign soldiers, in a two-pronged suicide attack in the southern Afghan city of Kandahar on Saturday, police and a coalition spokesman said.

Major Scott Lundy, a spokesman for the U.S.-led force, said a suicide car bomber rammed a coalition convoy in the city of Kandahar on Saturday at 5:45 p.m.

"I can confirm that two coalition soldiers were killed and eight wounded in the suicide attack," Lundy told Reuters. He did not give their identities.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It seems that things are just slowly getting worse everywhere, we are constantly getting reports of this nature and worse. I say move the troops and and let them all get on with it. Either that or More troops and innocent people are going to continue to die.

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
www.forbes.com

[edit on 22-7-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 31-7-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I doubt any peace can be settled there within the next century. Too many times groups have tried to contol Afghanistan, and too many times the country has come under anarchy.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by DJMessiah]

new topics

join