It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel gives Lebanese 2 hours to get out.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Israeli soldiers have crossed into South Lebanon and have given Lebanese citizens two hours to get out.

Israeli troops have crossed into southern Lebanon and warned residents they have two hours to flee.

Several Lebanese villages are now occupied by Israeli soldiers.

The Israeli bombardment has killed 354 people over the past 11 days - and is now being stepped up.

Source: 2 hours to leave

Well so much for no ground invasion, whether it's on mass or not it's obviously happened now. So where are the residents supposed to go then? I can totaly understand going after Hibollah, but how is clearing every resident out just targeting Hizbollah?
I personally think Israel is digging itself into a hole now as far as international opinion is concerned. Get the terrorists fair enough, but don't make a complete humanitarian crisis whilst you're at it.

Then again i'm sure we have'nt exactly made situations better when we've bombed the hell out of countries in the past.

Do you think this is an attempt to empty the place prior to levelling it?

CX.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I personally think that there will be an Israeli occupation of Lebanon, perhaps not all of it, but a large proportion. In order for them to deal with Hezbollah.

The fact that they have called up thousands of reserves to fight implies that to me, occupy the terroritory, and hopefully arrest/kill the terrorists.

Its never as simple as that though...

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I guess this one isnt like the one hour warning the Hezbollah leader gave the residents of Tel Aviv the other day before 500 rockets were suppose to come crashing down. I have a feeling that the Israelis will stick to their word as usual.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
forget it.

delete please mod.

[edit on 22-7-2006 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
we are back in the realms of what do words mean. when this started people were saying whether it was a war or not.

now we have a situation where people are debating whether it is a ground invasion or not. as far as i am concerned it is a ground invasion, but people on the news will not just say it for what it is.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Everyone wants to moan wine and bitch about what Israel is doing.

Who wants to moan wine and bitch bout the terrorists who are causing this to happen.

Who wants to moan wine and bitch about NO other country/countries willing to go in and stop the terrorists-allowing all Israely forces to go home.

I would like to see a strong international force sent in to stop the terrorists. The problem will come whern the terrorists realize the focre is not there to help the terrorists but remove them and their threat from the world.

I wonder how many IED's and murdurious attacks it will take before any coaltion of countries realize JUSt what Israel is going through,

I say let Russia send troops to stop the terrorists. They can handle them just like they handled the terrorists that killed all their children and teachers. Cool, let the russian tanks and men roll.......................

new topics

top topics

join