It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evangelical Christians "excited" about the End of the World??

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Acckk, a guest (from Dallas NBC) on MSNBC's Hardball discussing Iraq and the current Lebanon/Israeli situation is Michael Evans, an Evangelist and author (The American Prophecies: Ancient Scriptures Reveal Our Nation's Future) and founder of Jerusalem Prayer Team, a group whose mission statement includes "Until the redeemer comes to Zion"--more end times! Another example of this subset of Christianity guiding American foreign policy; with religions like these, who needs a State Department?
This is on a show for political discussion of current events. All the more reason for not establishing a state religion; this has become a de facto state religion. This de facto state religion is being used to promote politicians' goals.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Any EVANGELICALS out there care to explain this? I would love to know why you want the world to end. I suppose they all stopped having kids long ago too, right?

Can someone explain?

I'm a Christian. I don't go to church and I am not a slave to any man's word/viewpoint. I read the bible for myself and have had good teachers.

As far as these dominionists and crackpots go, they have a very distorted view of the scriptures. And their wish to kick down the separation between church and state is scary. Their theocracy would be no better than the Taliban's.

As for this purported desire to see Armaggedon come sooner than later, I think its sheer madness. And definitely NOT Christian. It really burns me up.

God gave us free will. That means, if all good men and women seek and pray for peace, why wouldn't God still the violence? "ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE"

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Hey all, great thread.

I just wanna share my distorted, biased and damn right ignorant idea with you all and see if I "share your vision"

Let us imagine for a minute that this "Rapture" happens ..ooooh say Saturday.

I've just finished my breakfast around 10 and a NewsFlash interupts Cat Deeley introducing the latest Christina Aguilera single.. "This just in.. The Son of God has returned, the day of judgement is upon us".
Myself, I'm an unrepentent sinner so I know I'm going to hell. So straight to the freezer and hope I can down that bottle of Smirnoff before I'm zapped into eternal damnation.
I get the top off and raise the bottle to my lips when POOF.. I'm standing in the pits of hell......... Damn..OK no bottle but I'm stood between Cat Deeley and Christina Aguilera with Donald Rumsfeld being subjected to the first in an infinite number of tortures a few feet away; Crying like a little girl I might add. (hehe not all bad right?)

So that now leaves the true christian believers and the the much larger majority of people that didn't have a bottle of Vodka in their freezer, who suddenly decided 10:03 on a Saturday morning would be a great time to get on their knees and ask God for forgiveness for keying their ex's new boyfriend's car last week.. oh and I really was gonna take that wallet I found stuffed with cash to the police station but.. you know.. I've been busy this year.. you know?

All good so far right?

So what next..
Well most of what a westerner would call the East is pretty much devoid of life.
- "Ha, stoopid muslims and budhists, I did tell them you know. Hey I bet there's loads of cool stuff over there"
- "No I called India first, you can have Pakistan"
- "What?!!! No way, I really liked the look of the Taj Mahal, I had a decorater picked out and everything... oh wait a minute.. No he's in hell.. Bugger....Oh well I hear the Maldives is nice this time of year, and the boys are cute"
- "..??"
- "I mean girls, girls... yep, sorry. I really, really meant girls... to um..marry that is.............bugger"
- "Hey, I just had a thought. My boss was a closet satanist. No work on Monday woooohooooo!!!"
- "So.. do you think they are still gonna show the next series of Lost?"
- "You idiot don't you read the papers? The ones that weren't gay were scientologists"
- "Gay, really? Hmmm"

OK stupid and long and largely pointless I know, but I tell you now, We will all be in Hell the day one religion or set of beliefs is all we have.

Carry on.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
As a Christian I can't say I'm looking forward to Armegeddon but I'm also kinda' excited about the return of our savior Jesus Christ, I mean, what self respecting Christian wouldn't be? Unless you turn your life over to Him and have your own personal relationship with Him I doubt you will ever understand. As everyone well knows it's sometimes easy to become jaded. I'll admit to the side of me that's really tired of the 'world system' and the corruption and every other evil thing that permeates our existence, but theres the other side that knows that it's only part of God's process and that sometime it will end.

We are huge 'planted crop' in process and at some time or another God will send for the harvest..:

Re 14:15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

I hear the question time and time again about how a good and riteous God could send anyone to hell... This is why:

Re 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

Re 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

In order for God to be Holy and Riteous He HAS to execute His wrath in judgement.. He wouldn't be Holy if he didn't.

Another one of my favorite verses:

Isa 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Man, God does not mince words does He?

Any Christian who dies, especially in the name of God's word will surely be avenged.

dgtempe, why don't you start by reading the Bible for yourself? I mean, it woudn't hurt would it? I read alot of things I'm not sure about or believe in. I'm always looking for different angles and perspectives.

You might also consider not implying that every Christian should go commit suicide because we are all 'excited' about the 'end of the World'. (Which it really isn't going to be) How would you like it if I told all you unbelievers to all go commit suicide? I'm sure some radical Christians have said something to that extent but you get the gist.

ANOTHER reason Christians might not be too worried if all hell breaks loose...

Ps 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

Ps 91:2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Ps 91:3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

Ps 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

Ps 91:5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

Ps 91:6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

Ps 91:7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Ps 91:8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

Ps 91:9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

Ps 91:10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Ps 91:11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

And finally:

Ro 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, WHO CAN BE AGAINST US?

Jas 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
In my opinion, the neo-conservatives are using the fundamentalist christian belief in the need for the temple in Israel to be standing in order for Jesus to return as a pretext for their pre-emptive war. Well it fits in nicely with their political agenda, so they pander to the rapturists for money and support.

At just the time we're facing extinction over environmental and population issues, where the war money would be more wisely spent, in my opinion.

Seems like rapture ridden christians aren't the only ones who've lost patience with the problems of the age and look forward to some dramatic and final closure on the whole chapter.

Personally, I think just when you think things can't get any worse or better, they can.

And if Jesus showed up tomorrow, I'd prefer he find us trying to solve problems of social injustice, war, poverty, environmental destruction - than building some theoretical temple to enthrone him on - judging, bombing and burning oil like there's no tomorrow in the process.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by clearwater]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I have a suggestion for them. They should all commit mass suicide and be done with it- and leave the rest of us to hope for a peaceful world.

If this is not a personal attack. What is?????????????????

This is the “Conspiracies in Religion” area. Since Evangelical Christians don’t hide their beliefs, how are their beliefs a conspiracy? The answer is they are not. They present their views and people can join with them or not. No one is forced to participate. If they were to take over the government, like the Taliban, and force their beliefs on citizens to control them that would be a religious conspiracy.

By now you have convinced yourself I am an Evangelical Christian. I am not. I am a Christian though so I will gladly forgive you for your vile words and hope you see how dangerous this type of hatred really is. It will consume you if you let it.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I have a hunch DG was being somewhat facetious. Right DG..

The extreme fundamentalist Christians and the NeoConservatives are rushing us headlong into our destruction. How can that be the will of God? Sounds more to me like the maniacle will of powermongers and Satanists. And through it they blashpheme the name of God and of those who try and serve Him.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Not again! CNN, interviewing (during factual programming on Mideast Crisis) two more authors and believers of end times (Jerry Jenkins & Joel Rosenberg)! Who is using who?? Now, Mr. R says he's been to the CIA!!
Good Christians everywhere, please, please stand up and disclaim what these fundamentalists are doing in your name! Wrest them away from Washington war interests! Saudi Arabia let their fundamentalists get hold of their nation and look what happened--Osama.
Religious fundamentalism, whether Buddhist, Muslim, Christian, Jewish, etc. should not be used by government.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

God gave us free will. That means, if all good men and women seek and pray for peace, why wouldn't God still the violence? "ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE"

Deep question everyone show ask themselves. Why wouldn't God still the violence if all good men and women seek and pray for peace? You say what I feel EastCoastKid!

[edit on 26-7-2006 by ConstantlyWondering]

edit for spacing

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I have a hunch DG was being somewhat facetious. Right DG..

The extreme fundamentalist Christians and the NeoConservatives are rushing us headlong into our destruction. How can that be the will of God? Sounds more to me like the maniacle will of powermongers and Satanists. And through it they blashpheme the name of God and of those who try and serve Him.
Poor old me...always misunderstood....I was just trying to make a point....I should have not said that, my point at the time would have been, if they're so gungho on dying heck, why not take care of it and let the others live in peace?? I apologize....I want everyone to live, by golly, you know,,, lots of you should know me sooooo well by now to know i'm not a mean spirited person...Anyway, that's no excuse and i'm sorry.

Did anyone watch the show??? I missed it...nothing like starting a thread advertising it and then missing it

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Don't worry Dg is all a big lie.

Is not going to be the end of times, neither a rapture and the only thing that is for sure and nothing we can do about it is the way in which we human beings treat each other . . .

We are going to be the end of our own race and species . . .

Hopefully Earth and nature will once again prevail and new species will come forward to do a better job next time.

So the only thing I worry myself is about the wars and conflicts the nations of the world are creating.

We human are killing humans . . . and the devil and god are on vacation.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 05:19 AM
link   
My post wasn't directed to anyone here in particular besides those 'fundamentalist christians'
However to those christians eagerly awaiting the return of christ, if i believed that most of the people in the world are going to go somewhere like hell for eternity, i'd be a very depressed person indeed. Not sure how you deal with it.
I'd feel a little resentment towards god, knowing some of my friends and family may be sent to hell.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
CNN, FOX RUSH...all of them are just spreading the admins propaganda. that's why you're hearing all this end of the day crap. if they want to seize and control that area they have to have the people believing it's for good. so just like hitler used religion the bushies do the same thing (being that they're all nazis anyway). they're going to extort the christians and play on their true faith and it all looks to them like "it's how god intended". so point being..your belief in god is just..and your faith in this admin and world leaders is false and mislead. don't feel bad. your're still good believers you just have poor judgement.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by reaganero]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I'm a Christian. I don't go to church and I am not a slave to any man's word/viewpoint. I read the bible for myself and have had good teachers.

As far as these dominionists and crackpots go, they have a very distorted view of the scriptures. And their wish to kick down the separation between church and state is scary. Their theocracy would be no better than the Taliban's.

As for this purported desire to see Armaggedon come sooner than later, I think its sheer madness. And definitely NOT Christian. It really burns me up.

A "Christian" believes the Bible is the word of God. Revelations clearly indicates the furute of Mankind and the signs of the end. Any "good" Christian would welcome the extermination of evil from this planet. No where in the bible does it indicate any future of man that does not require a cleaning of this planet.

Armaggedon is required and should be welcomed as being that much closer to the end of evil in the entire universe.

God did not spare his only son from the horrors of roman execution, why would anyone think he would spare man from the tribulation? He already gave man a second change with Noah.

It is just naieve to think man can do anything alone............

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
One thing that I seem to see happening with the believers of the book of revelations is . . . that even when over and over has been made a point that it could never be proof who wrote it, is just like the bible . . . as long as the church said it’s the world of God is OK. . .

Now even the early church had a hard time accepting this last book, not only because it was written a long time after Jesus death both also the author came into question.

The Revelation proof to be a very good ally for the church to influence the masses so at the end it was added to the bible books.

Now one thing I do not bite into it is the fact that it was controversial not only when it comes to the author and also the time frame that it gave to the so called end of times.

But as anything that has to do with influencing the masses anything is good as long as it link to God and Jesus even if is questionable.

I still See our own demised done by our own hands.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Why wont this thread die?

Yes, Marg, mankind will cause its own demise. God wants us to live and learn, we just dont.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well its a sad reality when GOD has to intervene and fix our ruddy mess.
People just dont get it.

Seems we have learnt nothing. In every scripture throughout the world it urges restraint...turn the cheek, forgive, do not judge et cetera. And yet...what do humans do?..kill in the name of, judge left right and centre...etc

Human beings have failed the test and now place their power outside themselves because they are not in touch with the power they have here and now. There are some who do and bust their toosh but it is like pushing excrement up hill because there are too many who sit back and say...oh its ok...GOD's coming back and we will be saved from our apathy!

Grr...

Perhaps GOD knew that humans were incompetent and could not get it right, thats why the Holy Bible exists. Like some kind of default scenario...but it needent be this way at all.

If only people exercised the individual power here and now...wow who knows where we would be...

Sometimes I think GOD regrets leaving the default scenario...cos we all manifested the future inline with it....

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by T0by

I'd feel a little resentment towards god, knowing some of my friends and family may be sent to hell.

Right on, Marg.. God and the Devil are on vacation.:shk:

Or so it might seem... What drives me crazy is that I did not ask to be born. I feel like a pawn, alot. Will I burn in hell because I cannot hope to be righteous in the presence of God? That seems cruelly unfair.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero
CNN, FOX RUSH...all of them are just spreading the admins propaganda.

The problem is their policies are taking us straight into the Armageddon scenario. It doesn't have to be. If good people would demand a better way.:shk:

The mid east is burning, in case no one noticed. And it will get much worse if something doesn't change.

Bush and all his stooges should be tried for war crimes.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join