It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why draw out the War On Terror (WOT)?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 04:42 AM
link   
To all:

I thought I'd ask this question as I'm not sure about the answer.

I used to know someone (we'll call L) - an unrestricted officer working in the command and control center from a command ship - once mentioned that the US has the capability to zoom in - via satellite - at a very high resolution.

I find it interesting that for any conflict that the US is involved with (directly or indirectly), that they do not simply "take out" the heads of these terrorist organizations by combining the precision targeting of C130's with this satellite technology.

Can anyone (including unrestricted officers
) answer why this doesn't occur?

Cheers

JS

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This frankly has nothing to do with the military or its abilities, but is 100% politics.

From Bush to your ears:

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'"
- G.W. Bush, 9/17/01

"...Secondly, he is not escaping us. This is a guy, who, three months ago, was in control of a county [sic]. Now he's maybe in control of a cave. He's on the run. Listen, a while ago I said to the American people, our objective is more than bin Laden. But one of the things for certain is we're going to get him running and keep him running, and bring him to justice. And that's what's happening. He's on the run, if he's running at all. So we don't know whether he's in cave with the door shut, or a cave with the door open -- we just don't know...."
- G.W. Bush, 12/28/01

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02

The war on terror is the holy grail for the Weapons Industries.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
This frankly has nothing to do with the military or its abilities, but is 100% politics.

From Bush to your ears:

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

*Snip*

"I am truly not that concerned about him."
- G.W. Bush, repsonding to a question about bin Laden's whereabouts,
3/13/02

The war on terror is the holy grail for the Weapons Industries.

Isn't that just sickening? A Dishonor to the people I knew that died in the WTC and to the people here in NYC that even to today suffer from the distress it has caused. Hes a shame to us all.

Pie

new topics

join