It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Expedites Precision-Guided Bombs to Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
They are dropping leaflets for nasralla saying "Where are you hiding?" Not warning people. Yes very humane. Thanks for the phonecall and have a nice day.

Keywords today: groupthink extremism

Israeli leaflet drops: Reminds me of German Jewish shops during the buildup to WW2 with posters that said, "Achtung! Get out Juben or Burn!"

Seems Ohmert is taking his battle plans from the old Mein Kampf playbook.

Attacks Qualify as War Crimes, Officials Say
NY Times

Round and round, what comes around goes around for those who learn naught.

[edit on 22-7-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
RegenMacher,

Can you start a new thread with that article please?

Thanks,

Bandit

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Can you start a new thread with that article please?

Be my guest. One or two threads is about all I can keep up with right now.

Here's some more in relation to Israeli war crimes:

Israel Commits War Crimes in Lebanon OpEdNews

UN rights expert calls for independent war crimes inquiry in Gaza Jurist Legal News

Q&A: Mid-East war crimes? BBC

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Attacks Qualify as War Crimes, Officials Say
NY Times

Round and round, what comes around goes around for those who learn naught.

You are right, but this has always been the problem. They have been shielded each and every time something like this occurs. This is one of the reasons why in their heads they actually believe themselves to be in the right all the time. They forget that without Americas veto power and political pull that some of their Commanders would be in war tribunals facing war crimes charges as well as numerous UN resolutions against them. it will just be tossed off as another anti-semetic plan to get at the jewish people story again. I doubt anything will come of it. Its to our advantage that we do not shield their government anymore. If these people see that we are not carrying a sword thats sharp on one side and dull on the other, I think their hassles will not become our hassles as we witnessed on 9-11.

Pie

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You are right, but this has always been the problem.

That's why I question the sanity of those who cheer for destruction.

Looking back should of been apparent not to make the same stupid mistakes...but alas around we go again and with less natural resources to rebuild.

Mind loop of self destruction...rah rahing our way to extinction.

Go Death Go!
Kill Them All Dead!
Burn It Up! Blow It Up!
Fill Kids with Lead!

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
an interesting conversation. same old same old....

pieman: "we're right, your wrong!" *snuggles up to rainmaker*

rainmaker: "we're right, your wrong!" *snuggles up to pieman*

basically you're both defending a terrorist organization that INTENTIONALLY TARGETS CIVILIANS, simply because you dislike the existence of the state of israel.

i never said that israel was right....nor did i say that they were wrong. it's a pretty complex issue with serious faults on all sides. but i will say that you are both so dramatically closed minded when it comes to israel that you will never be able to have a fair and balanced debate about the situation. i've seen enough of both of your posts over the last year to know that no matter what the circumstances are, israel will always be wrong, and therefore there is no use in attempting to debate this further with either of you.

peace.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
snafu7700, that is because it makes them feel open minded and tolerant. Both sides are stupid, and foolish. Both sides kill innocents. 99.9% of the countries in the world has killed innocents now that I think about it...I am angry that the US is taking sides, because it is not good for us (the US citizens). But when has the US government ever actually been selfless?

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
But when has the US government ever actually been selfless?

somalia, 1993. purely a humanitarian mission. alot of good it did the soldiers killed trying to insure that food and supplies ended up in the right hands.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
But when has the US government ever actually been selfless?

somalia, 1993. purely a humanitarian mission. alot of good it did the soldiers killed trying to insure that food and supplies ended up in the right hands.

I was meaning more, in reference to the citizens of America. It seems our government is not looking out for the best of us and they are looking out for themselves or are just apathetic.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
The topic to be discussed here is "USA Expedites Precision-Guided Bombs to Israel".

One aspect the people seem to be ignoring is that as I've already posted, this particular transfer of weapons is illegal under US law.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

rainmaker: "we're right, your wrong!" *snuggles up to pieman*

Your level of understanding my POV, lacks basic comprehension...try reading it again.

Either side is in contempt, and in the stronger rests the greater degree of responsibility. If that wasn't the case the planet would of already been vaporized into a radioactive wasteland.

Destruction for the sake of a false sense of security is no solution, it's a zero sum game. Maybe if your a rock it would be plausible to have an ultimate goal of becoming a sand pile.

Bombing our way into oblivian....

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
OK . . OK Pieman has got all figured out.

We the Zionists Love killing Arabs. We've got that Jewish Festival coming up and we need non-Jewish blood to make holiday paistries. So what we did is set up a false flag op and brainwahed Hassan Nasrallah to take credit for the attack. Then we destroyed Lebanon for the fun of it. Hell, I took part of the operation and I flew my Jet and bombed Lebanon while listening to Motley Crue's Shout at the Devil. It was so much FUN!
At, one point I saw a rocket launcher and a bus full of kids and I said what the hell lets take the bus-out first!!!

Yeah that has been a problem of jews in palestine killing Arabs using terrorism.

www.doublestandards.org...

www.rememberthesechildren.org...

www.redress.btinternet.co.uk...

thewebfairy.com...

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
Iran is a peaceloving country who's only crime is having a really scruffy and butt-ugly leader.

Wow this comming from jews who elected the worlds most fatest and ugliest leader know to mankind aka Ariel Sharon.

-----------------

Now back on topic.

This is a very bad forign policy mistake by America. It is trying to say on one hand that it is a neutral country but on the other hand is supplying billions of dollars a year of weapons, VETO protections at the UN, Guided munitions in time of war in the middle east and fuel for the Israeli Military and then claimming it can be a nuetral independant party for peace in the middle east.

This is a very bad mistake by America and could infact destroy any chance of stability or even ounce of respect that America had left in the region.

I think this will weaken America in the long run and will weaken arab sock puppet dictatorships and will push the arab civilian public to Guerilla groups for there protection and defence becuase of the inaction of Arab governments. In fact the in-action of Arab governments against America/Israels crimes against Lebanon could also push people into the hands of more radical powefull groups which could overthrow arab dictatoships which are allies with America and more anti-american radical groups could take power in those countries just like what happened in Iran when the Iranians overthrowed the American installed dictator the Shah.

Although this will not happen right away it will plant the seeds for what is about to happen many years down the road.

[edit on 22-7-2006 by iqonx]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
this particular transfer of weapons is illegal under US law.

I support Israel on an entirely personal religious basis however I don’t think that the US should be providing weapons to any nation we are not allied with in a specific defensive war.

However, I do not think the law has been breached as black and white as you think it has. How do you define defensive? It is commonly acceptable to apply the term "defense" to a nation's offensive military operations against an invading force.

So just who then is the original invading force? In this instance and it depends on who you ask, I would have to say Hezbollah. Overkill or not, Israel is defending itself and its citizens as any government has a moral and legal obligation to do.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavscout

However, I do not think the law has been breached as black and white as you think it has. How do you define defensive? It is commonly acceptable to apply the term "defense" to a nation's offensive military operations against an invading force.

exactly. would not irradicating the offensive forces along your border to stop them from using said area to attack civilians deep in your territory be a defensive operation?

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

you guys are comparing apples and oranges here. regardless of which side you agree with in the conflict, you are comparing an organization that intentionally targets civilians while using its own civilians as both cover and to increase collateral damage from israeli attacks with a country that is using precision ammunition, sending out leaflets daily to the areas of intended target, and actually calling lebanese houses in the areas of intended attack with warnings in order to stop excessive civilian casualties.

Snafu
I found an article in regards to this calling thing you mentioned LOL
Thats so funny.

HELLO THIS IS ISRAEL!
1/2 the people crap their pants and hang up the phone. OMG who comes up with these things??

Israel calls spook jittery Lebanese
At first, Bushra Khayyat tried to ignore the incessant ringing of the phone at her house in Lebanon’s southern port city of Sidon. It was 4 am, but she finally got out of bed.
“I said hello and got a recorded message from Israel,” she told Reuters.

In clear Arabic, the strong voice on the phone said: “Oh Lebanese people, we tell you not to follow Hizbullah. We will continue to strike and no one will bring your prisoners back from Israel except the Lebanese government

Khayyat got a similar call two nights later, this time answered by her maid, who, panicking when she heard a voice announce “This is Israel”, immediately put down the phone.

HELLO THIS IS ISRAEL!

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

HELLO THIS IS ISRAEL!
1/2 the people crap their pants and hang up the phone. OMG who comes up with these things??

Reads like something you would see in National Lampoon or on The Onion. I laugh, but I suppose it strikes fear in the war zone.

I wonder if the got the idea from this Clash song.

London calling to the faraway towns
Now war is declared - and battle come down
London calling to the underworld
Come out of the cupboard,you boys and girls
London calling, now don't look to us
Phoney Beatlemania has bitten the dust
London calling, see we ain't got no swing
'Cept for the reign of that truncheon thing

The ice age is coming, the sun's zooming in
Meltdown expected, the wheat is growing thin
Engines stop running, but I have no fear
Cause London is burning and I, I live by the river

Talking bombs next?

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Regenmacher and the ThePieMan, would you two please stick to the topic? Go make out in a U2U if you don’t have anything to say about the topic at hand, or start a topic about the phone calls.

[edit on 22-7-2006 by cavscout]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Regenmacher and the ThePieMan, would you two please stick to the topic? Go make out in a U2U if you don’t have anything to say about the topic at hand, or start a topic about the phone calls.

Everything is connected to the topic, if you open your head up.

So what's your excuse of not staying on topic and choosing to whine?
Follow your own advice before becoming a hypocrite.

Topic is about bombs, bombing, illegal arms support and war et al. This box is wide.

Overkill or not, Israel is defending itself and its citizens as any government has a moral and legal obligation to do.

Your idea of defense is what? Who says one person deserves to live more than another? Evoking a egomanicial God complex and how to embrace hate is logical? We or Israel has no more right to live than those across the border/ocean, except based on what we think our fallible egos say. Moses already wrote the rules down, and few are followed in this war.

If man had any sense of creation, he would see war as no solution for anything of merit. Till then mankind is groping in the dark, and fouling his own habitat. Only thing we should be expediting to Israel is books to learn from. Not weapons for Neanderthals to bonk each other with.

Planet of freaking nuts and Canaanite death merchants....there's no rationalizing any of this other than the goal of a proxy war for fools to dance and die in.

Ohh is a justified slaughter, let the heads roll = big load of bs!

You got something to add or just blowing smoke?!~

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

Everything is connected to the topic, if you open your head up.

So what's your excuse of not staying on topic and choosing to whine?
Follow your own advice before becoming a hyprocrite.

Topic is about bombs, bombing, illegal arms support and war et al.

Your idea of defense of what? Who says one person deserves to live more than another? Evoking a egomanicial God complex and how to embrace hate is logical? You have no more right to live than those across the border/ocean, except based on what you think your fallible ego says. Moses already wrote the rules down, and few are followed in this war.

If man had any sense of creation, he would see war as no solution for anything of merit. Till then mankind is groping in the dark, and fouling his own habitat. Only thing we should be expediting to Israel is books to learn from. Not weapons for Neanderthals to bonk each other with.

Planet of freaking nuts and Canaanite death merchants....there's no rationalizing any of this other than the goal of a proxy war for fools to dance and die in.

Ohh is a justified slaughter, let the heads roll = horsecrap!

Yes, yes, your very smart, however the topic was "USA Expedites Precision-Guided Bombs to Israel" not "Regenmacher loves ThePieMan" or "Israel calles Lebanon." I kinda wanted to discuss the "USA Expedites Precision-Guided Bombs to Israel" topic. Do you mind? Would that be OK?

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Do you mind? Would that be OK?

I just did answer in on-topic prose and you chose to play moderator wannabie and evade questions in relation to your very own post to said topic.

And I do mind... since you choose to not stay with the flow and keep trying to derail the thread with petiness, non-constructive, non-topic, hypocritical dialogue.

Why don't you explain the rationality of US tax dollars being used to reign bombs down on civilian infrastructure and the civilian population of Lebanon? Tell me how exploding the heads and limbs off of dozens of kids is a productive use of US GDP?

Explain what support on a religous basis includes murdering rampages?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join