It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother database to record the lives of all children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Seems it's starting in Britain:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

In a nutshell: The lives of children (their diets, homelife, school progress, etc) are to be computerized and reviewed by the government. While I can see that it may help save the lives of some neglected children, at the same time, it may put many who are in good, stable, loving homes under threat of removal. Scary stuff, and folks are getting pretty alarmed about it.

"The 'children's index', which will cost the taxpayer £224 million, will even monitor whether youngsters are eating five portions of fruit and vegetables a day, whether they go to church or are struggling to get good marks at school."

If this happens (and if the article is true), I suspect it won't be long before it makes its way across the pond...

GSA

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Sick twisted goverment interference at the deepest level.

YOU WILL COMPLY WITH THE STATE - or your children will be taken away for re-education....

This is aweful - shocking and totaly against the concept of living in a free society. im all for protecting children and letting them have a trouble and stress free child hood, but the ever constant interference by the nanny state is wrong, totaly and utterly wrong.

here in the UK they have case after case where they cannot even run an at risk register properly, so whats to say this will be run effectively?

more of Blairs nanny state at play.

Or is it the start of the march for the new world orders microchip implant to record all your details ala mark of the beast??

This qoute says it all really doesn't it?

Shami Chakrabarti, director of Liberty, said: 'We are heading towards a situation in which an entire generation of kids won't know what privacy is, as though we are preparing them for prison rather than life in a free society. It is time to ask ourselves why we sacrifice the privacy of our children first.'

[edit on 22/7/06 by GSA]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
don't you guys just hope they try to take us away

I really really hope they do, cause some children know freedom, and some children know how to pass the knowlegde on to others, and SOME children have the potential to start a revolt in some crazy re-education prison

I WOULD REALLY LIKE THAT

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Are they joking? Is it april? Did i miss something?

I apparently live in a free country and then this! I mean ID cards were bad but this is absolutely rediculous! So someone doesn't do well in a GCSE and this could be cause for concern? I don't meant o cause offense here but if a child isn't very intelligent then no amount of teaching will get them an A grade. Does this mean the parents should be investigated?

So what if a child gets ill and the parents are scared to take him/her to the doctors becuase they are fearful of being investigated? I cannot believe our government. How the hell do you check a child is having five portions of fruit and veg a day? Will teachers have to stand over children while they each the fruit? Or will we invent a new job, fruit and vegtable eating checkers sounds good.

But the Government wants to extend the records to include detailed assessments of a child's life.

What woudl this include? Surely knowing a childs name, address, medical history etc is mroe than enough to protect them. Why add the other things? Will this include things like which religion you follow? Why would they need to have this?

The logic behind this is flawed, the project is expensive and nearly impossible to accurately use. The security of the database will no doubt be in question also.

It seems that Orwell got a hell of a lot of stuff right.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:03 AM
link   
As a kid in elementary school, I clearly recall the teacher -- a nun (it was a Catholic School) -- clearly extolling the virtues of "trying our best"; to be good students, good citizens and to behave decently. As the good Sister put it, "everything we did would be on our 'permanent record'. At the time, I envisioned a library with shelf upon shelf, volume upon volume of large tomes -- the permanent record of each and every person in the world.

Using that same child-like vision, it only makes sense that all those volumes of "permanent record" be scanned and computerized.

Now my only question is "when will Santa computerized his "list of naughty and nice" kids?

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   

What woudl this include? Surely knowing a childs name, address, medical history etc is mroe than enough to protect them. Why add the other things? Will this include things like which religion you follow? Why would they need to have this?

I think it will include the religion, just like in the days of hitler, only this time checking up on the muslims or maybe even more religions.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Say goodbye to freedom people.

"whether or not they go to church...."

^^^^ That is total crap. That implies that if you don't go to church you're going to get in trouble with the government.

WTF IS THAT?!

If it makes its way to America, there's going to be a civil war here.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
funny how the majority seem to think that the state should raise your kids.....where's the opposition?!.....was there any discussion about this program in china...er, i meant the UK...

think about the track record of the current govt...................would you really want them that involved in your childs life? so all those parents that might be, how shall we say,...outspoken against the govt actions...now will have the possiblity that their children could be taken away because of the parents opinion......it may seem like a strech but the govt works in mysterious ways.......

we have are being set up for a true totalitarian state....lets look at the definition of totalitarian..
from american heritage dictionary)
designating a form of govt in which one party exercises absolute control over all spheres of human life and opposition is owtlawed.

ouch..that seems to hit the nail on the head.............start running now.......

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well.....with total control comes total chaos. Expect some civil wars.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Well.....with total control comes total chaos. Expect some civil wars.

With?? weapons are illigal now arent they?
The military is training to take away your guns arent they??
I think they expected heavy resistance.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:30 PM
link   
That doesn't matter. To try and tell me that there will be no rebelling at all is crap.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
It just suprises me that the Brits are the first to go on record for doing this.
I watched a documentary on some random 20-50 kids they did that type of study on, starting, I think, in the 50s, here in good ole USA, jsut a couple of years ago. They were using it to "subjectively" study how a kid behaves as a child and what they do as adults. Can't find it yet. Can't remember if I saw the study on Nova Discovery, or some similar program.
Something similar

They've been doing it on a small scale ever since people bought into the science of psychology.

But this is how many Americans are goign to take it, especially those who aren't as much for individual rights:
HERE
and HERE

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
seems like giving away your weapons wasn't such a smart idea after all.

i'd say a few countries have to take the plunge, or we will never obtain irrefutable proof that surveillance state culminates in a holocaust... 'cause: it doesn't stop there, at a certain point, they will start to use their secret police on dissenters (locked away in a camp if you're unlucky or buried anonymously if you can help it).

like in WW2, registration preceeds annihilation, enjoy. btw: don't expect anyone to invade for purposes of liberation....

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnstoppableForce
Say goodbye to freedom people.

"whether or not they go to church...."

^^^^ That is total crap. That implies that if you don't go to church you're going to get in trouble with the government.

WTF IS THAT?!

If it makes its way to America, there's going to be a civil war here.

Actually, it probably is the other way around. Do you GO to church, and if so what kind?

In Germany they registered religous affiliation, to make it easier to find the Jews. This could do the same, to monitor Christians, Jews, Muslims, or whatever religion isn't in fashon, or is currently being targeted as "not correct" or a "threat".

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   

is this for real?? I mean what the hell is going on in this country?? This should be front page news on every paper in the land - This is Hilters dream unfolding around us and we seem to be sleep walking into facism.

Measure and monitor every thing a chil;d is and does for signs of abuse???? WTF??? Are we so into the cattle mentality that we are going to allow this? thats just stupidity beyond belief... The goverment cannot even control the borders let alone the sheer scale of some thing like this...

Is it me, or are all the NWO's mind games played out here in the UK to see how people react and get a good idea of passivity of the population as a whole world wide??

Cameras. Every where. Officials with 'new' powers. Every where. Dictatorship. soon.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Damn I missed this the first time around. read the article in the paper again and see if you spot it....

Do they go to CHURCH. Churches are for christians only. No other religions are even mentioned. Church is the word used, not are the religious, not do they follow a religion, but do they go to CHURCH.

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
But muslims are evil, terrorists, and the other religions just don't exist, that's the mentelity they use, or offcourse, they will make it..that they doesn't exist...
think: crusades, spanish inqusition, all people with a mind of there own being killedm etc. etc.
Kinda explains the fema camps doesnt it

new topics

top topics

join