It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defense Department Surplus illegally Exported to China & Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

"Government Accountability Office investigators posing as private citizens were able to buy sensitive excess military equipment from a Department of Defense logistics agency, a GAO report obtained by NBC News shows."

You really have to wonder how we can possibly win a war when we can't even manage to protect one of our own Government Agencies. What I can't understand is why the Department of Defense would allow these things to be sold to private citizens in the first place. I mean really, " Hi, I'd like to buy a launcher mount"?

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Because IMO the DOD is just as corrupt as the rest of gubmint offices. In an upcoming research project, you will see the entertwined rabbit holes of that dept, the cia, and private corporations, all in bed together making billions from the american peoples.

As u can see from that article, they were bought at a fraction of the cost as what they are sold to the us taxpayers(not literally of course). Hopefully this wont get swept under the proverbial rug that is the short attention span of the american sheeples. Its amazing how many of these stories come out. But then quickly shoved outta the way for the next big story, never to be gotten back to again. Kinda like how iraq has left the forefront of news channels for the isreali conflict. How many us soldiers and iraqi civilians have died in the last week of that conflict that we have so convienently shoved to the back burner?

All i can say is **expletive deleted**expletive deleted**expletive deleted**

edited for props

Oh ya....nice find angel, good one.

[edit on 22-7-2006 by S1LV3R4D0]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0

As u can see from that article, they were bought at a fraction of the cost as what they are sold to the us taxpayers(not literally of course).

[edit on 22-7-2006 by S1LV3R4D0]

I was actually going to point that out... Talk about just one stupidity after another...Geesh. Oh well, it's only money. OUR MONEY

GSA

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Does that mean I can have an F-14 for pocket change?? if so, count me in!!

GSA

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Sorry for the one liner, as it is a very nasty matter when gear falls into the wrong hands...

And as for the chinese and iranians getting their hands on high tech kit...well some one really screwed up badly there I think!

[edit on 25/7/06 by GSA]

new topics

top topics

join