It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. Foreign Policy is working

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
In the face of very vocal, small groups of protesters, the United States Foreign Policy is being supported more and more by the international community.

NBC's David Gregory: "Crisis After Crisis Has Undermined The Bush Doctrine." (NBC's "Today," 7/21/06)

A Consensus Is Building Behind The President's Foreign Policy Approach

* The United States Is Rallying The World Behind North Korea. "The U.N. Security Council unanimously adopted a resolution Saturday condemning North Korea's recent missile tests and demanding that the reclusive communist nation suspend its ballistic missile program." (Edith M. Lederer, "Security Council Unanimously Adopts North Korea Resolution," The Associated Press, 7/15/06)
* The United States Is Rallying The World Behind Its Policy Toward Iran. "World powers rebuked Iran last week by seeking possible punishment from the Security Council, saying Iran had not signaled an intent to negotiate seriously over its disputed nuclear program. … 'Iran has a serious choice to make and we invited it to make the right decision to react positively to the concrete proposals presented to it,' the [G8] leaders said in their statement." (Jeannine Aversa, "Leaders Press North Korea On Missile Tests, Urge Iran To Accept Nuclear Energy Offer," The Associated Press, 7/18/06)
* The United States Is Rallying The World Behind Its Policy Toward Iraq. "We will support the newly constitutionally elected government of Iraq and call upon it to continue the policies of inclusiveness as a means to overcome divisions within Iraq. We will continue to assist in building an independent, stable, secure, democratic, prosperous and united Iraq at peace with its neighbours and the international community." ("U.S.-EU Summit Declaration: Promoting Peace, Human Rights And Democracy Worldwide," 6/21/06)
* The United States Is Rallying The World Behind Its Policy Toward The Israeli-Palestinian Conflict. "We will continue to promote a negotiated solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict on the basis of the Roadmap in order to advance a just, viable and lasting two-state solution and we call on both parties to avoid unilateral measures that prejudice final status issues." ("U.S.-EU Summit Declaration: Promoting Peace, Human Rights And Democracy Worldwide," 6/21/06)

Link : www.whitehouse.gov...

So it would seem that the idea that we are a hated country is exaggerated. There is no doubt that some in the international community hate the United States, that is to be expected as we are the dominant power. However as evidenced by the above report, the extent of that is vastly over stated.

Semper

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am not surprised by the lack of feedback on this post. If you would have put "US foreign policy sucks" you would have had at least 50 replys by now!

After 8 years of Clinton it's great to have "grownups" in charge!

Can you imagine a President ALGORE, or Kerry and the way they would have handled foriegn policy? That would have been an utter disaster.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Maybe because the foreign policy has been so bad for the last 6 years that it has no place to go but up. I mean, all that article proves is that our policy has pretty much stunk.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
semperfortis

The link alone will tell how the article propaganda is well written and well executed.

And as for you . . . well we all know what side you lean on.

You know semperfortis we do have a lot of intelligent people in these boards, they know better.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Better than what Marg?

That their opinion is better than mine? Or anyone else's for that matter?

Having a negative outlook and negative opinion about everything the current administration does, says or breathes, does not equate with intellect or the effective use of that intellect. Rather it exposes preconceived ideologies and base prejudice that has what to do with intellect?

The rational mind is one open to consideration and the absolute fact, of no absolute facts. There is however, a feeling of absolute on many posts revolving around the Bush Administration and this can only be understood as coming from a closed mind. Without the ability to accept that which may go against our personal opinion, and consider evidence possibly contrary to our preconceived ideologies, we can never grow.

Thus a closed mind, incapable of accepting any input outside of certain parameters, could never see the truth as the truth is never absolute.

Semper

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Better than what Marg?

That their opinion is better than mine? Or anyone else's for that matter?

Is not your opinion Semperfortis but the government site opinion.

Having a negative outlook and negative opinion about everything the current administration does, says or breathes, does not equate with intellect or the effective use of that intellect.

People have intelligence they can see what is going on in our nation and in our names since the present administration got hold of the white house.

We all know what propaganda looks like and that is what it is.

Rather it exposes preconceived ideologies and base prejudice that has what to do with intellect?

The only ideologies impose here are the ones that the present administration is trying to spoon feed into the masses to believe something that everyday life tells us different.

Perhaps you should step into the streets and see what real American looks like.

The rational mind is one open to consideration and the absolute fact, of no absolute facts. There is however, a feeling of absolute on many posts revolving around the Bush Administration and this can only be understood as coming from a closed mind.

You are very wrong in your assessments about how people react and feel about what a government that is for the people is performing in the name of the people including foreign policies.

As now is nothing that points to or that whatever our government is doing is working at all. We are still to be under the influences of an enemy that is after each and every single one of us because is hates us and the present administration says is true because they say so.

Without the ability to accept that which may go against our personal opinion, and consider evidence possibly contrary to our preconceived ideologies, we can never grow.

Questioning everything that goes in our lives, with our nations and in our names Is part of growing up does. . . that surrender to propaganda are not learning anything.

This is our nation, we have a constitution and We the people runs the nation, never you forget that the day you allowed others to do the thinking for you then we have become no longer democratic country but one rule by a totalitarian mind set.

Thus a closed mind, incapable of accepting any input outside of certain parameters, could never see the truth as the truth is never absolute.
Semper

That last statement should be apply by those that seems to believe that We the people has nothing else to believe, in our great nation but what our government tells us to believe.

Have a good day my friend and freedom is something that WE the people has earned it was not given and will never be taken.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I agree with your assessment of freedom Marg, just not your opinion of what it takes to understand it.

Perhaps you should step into the streets and see what real American looks like.

As for that, well I work in the streets everyday. Streets in which most people do not have computers to get on ATS, must less debate the issues.

That is the problem though. All of you that have this unrequited hatred controlling your very emotional responses, consider all the rest of us to be blinded, or led, or deceived.
I am able to comprehend your ideological stance, though I do not agree. You on the other hand, apparently from your posts, can not understand my convictions or how I have developed them. Believing only that I am "under some spell" from the current administration.
Believing that I have investigated, researched and formulated my own opinion in regards to this administration is foreign to you, for in order to validate your opinion, I must therefor be wrong and thus delusional.

What I was referring to was the inability to comprehend abstract conclusions when obsessed with any "one" single point of view.

I like to think that I attempt to consider every post I become involved in. I try to consider where the poster is coming from and if they may be correct in their opposition to me. That is not possible if one is consumed with an emotional response to all things Bush.

Semper

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

In the face of very vocal, small groups of protesters, the United States Foreign Policy is being supported more and more by the international community.

In the Face of VERY SMALL?

Dude, wake up and smell da Coffee!

Like around Billions People do not like the US Foreign Policy.

I suggest you do some reading OUTSIDE the Whitehouse and Pentagon and US Military sites.

It sure would help you to open up the Blinders on your head.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Or perhaps you could show me even one protest where there were BILLIONS of participants?

Must have missed that one ...

Semper

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Seeing as the United States foreign policy is centered on sustaining the dominance of the US through the 21st century, I would have to say you are wrong. Most people in the world would rather not have the American hegemon pervade their lives for the next century. Maybe it would be different if the US was not trying to conquer the Middle East, but as it is now, people view the US as foreign and overly aggressive.

Or perhaps you could show me even one protest where there were BILLIONS of participants?

Where did he ever say anything about a protest? He said simply they don't support America's foreign policy. Why did you feel the need to insert the word 'protest' when that is not what was said?

[edit on 19-8-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It was said. In my post that he directly quoted.

That either directly or indirectly ties his comment to the quote directly or indirectly used to illustrate the position in question.

Grammer man!!! Its what's good for you...

Semper

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

It was said. In my post that he directly quoted.

So you spoke about protestors, not him. This is what he said...

Originally posted by Souljah
Like around Billions People do not like the US Foreign Policy.

Try some honesty next time semper. What's the point of purposely misrepresenting what another poster says? I ask that you try addressing what other people say instead of twisting their words so it's easier for you to respond. We'd all benefit a lot more if you did that instead of playing the same political games that your leader Bush does.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Again, it is called grammer and the proper usage of quotations in context to a following statement.

I draw your attention to 11th grade english.

SHEESH

Is this all that is on the post that has drawn your attention?

If so, then you obviously do not care about or have no interest in the subject and are only trolling to derail the thread.

Semper

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Again, it is called grammer and the proper usage of quotations in context to a following statement.

I draw your attention to 11th grade english.

Is this all that is on the post that has drawn your attention?

If so, then you obviously do not care about or have no interest in the subject and are only trolling to derail the thread.

Semper

Again, people reply to each other all the time, and Souljah's comments clearly made no reference to protests.

You're just keeping up your political games, and either you are lying to us or lying to yourself.

What I said about you misrepresenting someone else's statement was a side note after writing my take on your initial post...

Seeing as the United States foreign policy is centered on sustaining the dominance of the US through the 21st century, I would have to say you are wrong. Most people in the world would rather not have the American hegemon pervade their lives for the next century. Maybe it would be different if the US was not trying to conquer the Middle East, but as it is now, people view the US as foreign and overly aggressive.

So, rather, it is you who are playing these political games by being unwilling to address what I wrote regarding your thread and instead to focus on misrepresenting what other people in this thread write.

And since you seem to feel confident you are at least on an 11th grade level for English, I assume you passed the 11th grade and that you are aware of these little games you play on this thread. I ask, for what reason?

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Look at this folks, the Bush admin isn't actually destabilising entire continents! Here's a link from the White House to prove it.

Give me a shout when you find all those White House statements and proclamations they've deleted for eternity over the last six years.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Ohh goodie... Are you talking to me? I do hope so.

Do you have anything to say apart from accusing others of grammatical errors?

You do know your pathetic attempts to use what is, obviously to you, 'big words' in an attempt to flummox others is as transparent as toilet paper?

All are you doing is exposing your own ignorance through your own hopeless use of words and terms it's blatantly obvious you yourself don't understand.

But carry on if you must.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I apologize, from now on, Ill not use any "Big Words" when talking to you.

Too easy

Semper

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortisInstead of discussing the issue on any level of perspicaciousness, you continue to disguise your lack of knowledge on the subject, utilizing tangential references to others quotes; quite possibly indicating that you possess none of your own. All the while covering this up with ostensive employment of previously well worn adjectives.

You continue to play your games and conviently try to ignore that I wrote this:

Originally posted by Jamuhn

You continue to evade my response and instead pretend like I never wrote the above if you are unable to reply. If your only rebuff of my statement is that you simply don't see it on the page, then perhaps either a pair of glasses will afford you "perspicaciousness"
about the argument I posed or you are continuing to play your petty games.

[edit on 20-8-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Your entire quote was on opinion, baseless and unsubstantiated, full only of your own prejudice and obvious preconceived ideas of what you think the world wants.

Why is there a need to answer an unsupported quote, when it references a post that has substantiation and verifiable information?

Semper

<<   2  3 >>

join