It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Iranian and Syrian Leaders Cowards?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
With the worsening conflict, and powerful Israeli assault on Lebanon, I can't help but remember the comments from the Leader of Iran and from the Syrian government.

No need in quoting them, you've all seen it by now.

Tough talk... words of support and praise.. But when it comes right down to it.. Their support amounts to financial aid, and somewhat unsophisticated weaponry.

If the Iranian and Syrian leadership were as bold and powerful as they claim, Israel would be facing a major war with major losses.. However, that is not a worry.

The leaders of both Iran and Syria are nothing more than terrorists, who would rather start conflicts than to actually be fully involved.. Cowards! that is what they are.

They will never start a war.. nor would they use a weapon of mass destruction. They would rather place WMD in the hands of those who would use them on their enemies, with less risk to themselves, their regimes, and nations.

COWARDS!

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So I guess what you are saying is that Israel and America are the true White Hat wearin' heroes of this epic tale huh?

Pie

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
They would rather place WMD in the hands of those who would use them on their enemies, with less risk to themselves, their regimes, and nations.

Doesn't America arm Israel? Doesn't America support Israel practically every time, in practically every matter? Isn't Israel currently doing Americas dirty work in the region, forming a pretext to war with Syria, and Iran?

What is the difference?

CX

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
After reading Valhall's article on the thread below, i just hope they are cowards and not just waiting in the wings like it seems.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

CX.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
Doesn't America arm Israel? Doesn't America support Israel practically every time, in practically every matter? Isn't Israel currently doing Americas dirty work in the region, forming a pretext to war with Syria, and Iran?

One could also argue that Iran and Syria are forming a pretext for war with Israel via a third party in Lebanon.

Again.. a cowards way. They talk about the destruction of Israel, yet it is all talk, when it comes down to it, as I see it, they are afraid of Israel, and are pushing others to fight them.

Yes the USA arms and supports Israel, I am not going to deny that.

And no, I do not see it as being the same.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Gazz its a two way street and its pretty clear THAT both sides are un interested in any sort of peacefull solution. This whole pattern has repeated itself time and time again and both sides are to blame IMHO.

While I doubt Assad or the religious Junta that runs Iran are cowards, I for one am thankfull they do not draw the rest of the world into a global conflict over a patch of desert that has been fought over for centuries. They know that US would step in in a second to defend Isreal who's heavy handed responce brings us yet again to the brink.

Terrorists? Yes, but cowards I doubt. From thier prespective the actions of the IDF before and after the now still born peace process could also easily be labled as such as well.

Prespective is everything

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Terrorists? Yes, but cowards I doubt.

Hmmm, I'm going to have to think about that for a bit.

Israel's response may have been heavy handed, however this escalation was inevitable. FredT, we've been on the brink for a very long time now.

There has been a lot of provocation by both Iran and Syria. I suspect one can only listen to leaders of other nations call for the destruction of your own while suporting terrorists who are attacking you for so long before you take unilateral action, and perhaps expose the true enemies that drew you into the fight.

Some will get it, some will not.

And yes, "Prespective is everything"

Gazz

[edit on 21-7-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
IMHO both sides share the blame. I wonder if the IDF rids Lebanon of Hezbollah it will simply stop there? Syria next? Why stop there.

I agree with isreals decision to defend herself but this is a bit out of controll IMHO and the US needs to reign in the IDF. Iran and Syria may be using Hezbollah as a proxy in Lebanon, THe US may be very well doign the same. The expidited shipment of PGM's is simply one example.

However no matter what side can claim the moral highground, no matter who wins, it is once again the people of Lebanon who are truly lose.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Iran and Syria's support for Hezbollah and the US support for Israel in this matter is definitely the same. Washington and Tehran are not on good terms AT ALL (duh). And Washington wants that government out, especially now because Iran is supporting civil war in Iraq, and will try to get control when the US pulls out (they will never fully pull out). So Iran is causing the US a lot of problems, of course America didn't want Iran there to begin with. The US cannot do anything right now drastic, like destroy Iran's nuclear reactors because of the UN. And the US has already defied the UN, and doesn't want to be totally hated and despised. Like I said on another thread, if Iran attacked Israel when they go into Lebanon, then it will be all the US needs. And you will see Iran's nuclear capabilites destroyed, and perhaps even more.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Israel is a legitimate sovereign nation. Hezbollah is a bunch of militant terrorists. When the US arms Israel, they are openly endorsing a sovereign nation. There's a traceback, with legal ramifications.

When Syria/Iran arm a militant group, who is held responsible? A bunch of black-masked-wearing militants? Why do you think they have to wear the black masks?
Because you'd be able to recognize them at their day jobs, and because chances are, some of them may also wear the official uniform of Syria or Iran.

Syria and Iran wage wars by proxy. And they can't even admit it. They are cowards.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bombers8
Israel is a legitimate sovereign nation. Hezbollah is a bunch of militant terrorists. When the US arms Israel, they are openly endorsing a sovereign nation. There's a traceback, with legal ramifications.

So why is it, pray tell that when another sovereign nation such as Iraq decides it wants to develope a missile system or Iran wants to develop its missile systems does israel complain to the international community as well as make threats of destruction and meanwhile builds up her own arsenal legitametly as well as illegitametly (read nukes)? Please refrain from using excuses like Ahminjead because this has happened at points in time well before any threats were made in past history.

You won't admit it but your government seeks to be the only major military power in the Mid-east with offensive and defensive capabilities.

In as far as people masking themselves...Its obvious when you are a small population surrounded by a police state that anyone can recognize you and seek you out they will hide. Is there a difference between a IAF pilot masked by his plane dropping a bomb at 20,000 feet? Or a IDF soldier using a smoke machine to hide whats going on from the press any different? A mossad agent attempting to poison a political figure in a country not even his own is any different? Stop trying to make what you do as right when its totally wrong to murder innocent civilians as well as political figures that your government percieves as a threat. If the tables were turned as they were when Palestine was under british rule, your people did the same exact thing as the Palestinians do now. Your government is no better. No one will ever stay under an oppressive ruling authority ever. The Blacks didn't like it in SA and they revolted, the Blacks held in segregation and opression in the USA fought and revolted (although not as violently) and the people residing in your country will continue to do the same.

The sooner they are given complete independence, the sooner we all may be able to live peacefully for a change.

Pie

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Are they cowards or are they using the same tactics conducted in this WOT that was conducted in the Cold war? This is no different in my opinion, one country influencing another to be a pawn in the overall global chess board. I think this PC says it all.

Should we start calling this the "Warm War"?

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 01:55 AM
link   
What I think happened is a s follows:

Iran has been preparing for a war for years now. With Israel's withdraw from Lebanon in 2000 and From Gaza in 2005 Iran came in to collect intelligence, train, supply and support various terrorist organizations and strengthen them. Iran planned to use Lebanon as a front against Israel should anyone attack Iran over the Nuclear issue and moreover probably set the wheels in motion for a regional war. Ahmedinajad has repeatedly called for the destruction of Israel and from his actions it is evident that he is also playing out the role of the nation that will lead that move.
Israel was well aware of the plan. Then Hizbullah and Iran made the mistake of kidnapping the soldiers which gave Israel to exuse to attack Hizbullah and therefore clean-up the threat. This will probably set back the Iranian war machine's plans and allow the US and Israel better chances of wiping out the nuclear Iranian threat.

Of course Lebanon and Israel needs to suffer for Iran's maniacal plans.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
In as far as people masking themselves...Its obvious when you are a small population surrounded by a police state that anyone can recognize you and seek you out they will hide.

Why must they do that? Are they ashamed of their cause?

The sooner they are given complete independence, the sooner we all may be able to live peacefully for a change.

Pie

Remember, complete independence includes not being under the thumb of a foreign terrorist militia.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by bombers8

Remember, complete independence includes not being under the thumb of a foreign terrorist militia.

Thats a cop out Bomber. Your people as well as Americans voted in and fully supported what were revolutionaries that helped to bring them independence in the beginnings of our respective countries. The first thing your government did was strangle them and try to provoke them. Causing the international community to cut them all off monetarily without even giving them a chance. They came into government with little or no funds,no military or police force, and instead of dealing with the new regime they dealt with the old to further make them lose face and cause internal unrest. Rather then buy gas directly from the PA , your government chose to buy it from Egypt who was purchasing it from the PA anyway. Your government did the same things to the Fatah party. They bomb their police headquarters and the next day Israel says they weren't doing enough to stop attacks. Its like so retarded there. It makes no sense.

Thats like you slicing my bicycle tire and then telling me to go deliver this package 40miles away and it has to be done in 2 hrs or Im fired from my job!

Pie

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Yes the Iranian and Syrian leadership are cowards and also state sponsors of terror (again showing cowardess).

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
i understand where you are going, but how about i turn your question around.

why didn't israel attack syria instead of lebanon(who they know would put up no fight except for a terror group)?

though i know where you are going, most of the islamic worlds populations see there leaders as weak for not confronting israel, and especially now, not even condeming israel for what it is doing.

these are not my views but the arabs do have a point about there leaders, and the thread starter does have a point.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Israel may very well attack Syria but strategically they have to do what they are doing...they have to take out Hezbollah in Lebanon via route to going itno Syria. They cant just go into Syria then have to worry about fighting Syrians on one front and Hezbollah on another. Maybe they are just softening up Lebanon/Hezbollah for the US to come do its thing?

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
why didn't israel attack syria instead of lebanon(who they know would put up no fight except for a terror group)?

Because it makes no sense, Why go around Lebanon to Syria, leaving your enemies at your border?

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Your people as well as Americans voted in and fully supported what were revolutionaries that helped to bring them independence in the beginnings of our respective countries.

Before we go any further, PieMan, I want to know something. What is with your frequent referral to "my people"? You have already been told that I am American, so you can't plead ignorance. Are you trolling, or baiting, or what is it?

I don't want this to turn into an argument. I just want to know why you are being so obtuse.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join