It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media bias regarding Israeli abductions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   

In a wide-scale assault against various Palestinian cities and towns in the occupied West Bank, the Israeli army launched a wave of abductions against what it called “members of a terrorist organization,” which included senior political figures from the democratically-elected Hamas government and PLC members, as well as members of other Palestinian political groups.
Source.

Israel launched attacks on Lebanon after Hezbollah captured two Israeli soldiers in a cross-border raid so as to swap them for the remaining three Lebanese and an undetermined number of Arab prisoners held by Israel. However, the captive soldiers, both in Gaza and Lebanon, have already been deleted from the public agenda. Israeli officials are now talking not about "bringing the soldiers home" but about destroying Hezbollah and Hamas, and perhaps Syria and Iran as well, "once and for all." And, apparently, they have got the green light from the US and other international "allies".
Source.

Again, as I hope the above information illustrates, the mainstream media is currently engaged in biased reporting. Why no mention of the abductions perpetrated by Israel that in turn prompted militants to capture soldiers for leverage? It seems to me that the militants in Gaza and Lebanon have played straight into Israels hands.

The abduction of Israeli soldiers gives Israel the perfect excuse to start attacking it's enemies under the pretext of liberating their own. Any mention of the original Israeli abductions that started this whole new phase of conflict is swept under the carpet by the one eyed media.

The result? Massive support for Israeli military action by those who are in complete ignorance with regard to the whole story.

[edit on 21/7/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Funny, from what I heard on MSM news the last few days, it's all about Israel bombing and killing innocent women and children in Lebanon.

And, I'm wondering about bias in the opposite direction.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Funny, from what I heard on MSM news the last few days, it's all about Israel bombing and killing innocent women and children in Lebanon.

And, I'm wondering about bias in the opposite direction.

Didn't make it clear enough? This post is about the media reporting of the 2 Israeli soldiers being kidnapped and how it has sparked this phase of conflict. NOTHING is being reported about the fact Israel has abducted members of a democratically elected government, prompting militants to capture soldiers to use as leverage. This in turn [obviously] has lead to the current attacks on Lebanon, which has a large support, while the original abductions perpetrated by Israel have gone largely unreported.

I guess what I am asking is: Would Israels current actions have so much support, if the whole story was being reported?

[edit on 21/7/06 by Implosion]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I noticed that too. If you check european media, you'll find a less biased coverage.
I think Hamas suddenly became a "Terrorist" organization when their candidates got elected to the Palestinian Authority instead of some puppet leader favored by Bush and Isreal.
The question is "Why would the people elect terrorists to lead their country?"

The answer is simple. Hamas candidates actually campaigned for office. The other parties plastered sighs all over the west bank saying vote for soandso... Hamas posters listed details about the issues and how they proposed to address thoes issues.

American media portrays the Arab world as Anti-semite religions fanatics that want to take over the world and impose unbearable hardships on the people. They have developed an entire mythology about the culture of the MiddleEast.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Here's a task for you guys.

Try to find an English source describing the details of what in actually was a group arrest of off duty IDF reservists that were well known drug smugglers.

I recommend starting from looking up Hezbollah dedicated anti-drug smuggling units, which actively combat drug smuggling into Lebanon from Israel.

Then feel free to look up the facts about radio targeting beacons being installed by infiltrators in key Hezbollah targets, a WEEK prior to the Israeli bombing.

Then naturally get right to Ceyhan-Tblisi-Baku (BTC) oil pipeline which was opened on July 13th, and put 2 and 2 together.

As far as US media goes, it's a COMPLETE fabrication, lies from beginning to end, every single word.

It even goes as far as bluntly and purposefully misinterpreting statements made by various world leaders who are opposed to US policies.

top topics

join