It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmakers want instructor fired from University for his 9/11 views

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

link

Check out this article - this guy career is toast now thanks to the government.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
his career is toast. good.

We dont need nazis sneaking propaganda into college kid's courses.

[edit on 21-7-2006 by bob2000]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bob2000

Why?? Because someone was brave enough to tell the truth? How does it make him a nazi sneaking in propaganda by showing the other side of the day of 9/11?? Just because someone has another view does not make them a nazi and does not make the information they share propaganda. Get your facts before you make an arrogant post like that!

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoNotBelieveThem

Why?? Because someone was brave enough to tell the truth? How does it make him a nazi sneaking in propaganda by showing the other side of the day of 9/11?? Just because someone has another view does not make them a nazi and does not make the information they share propaganda. Get your facts before you make an arrogant post like that!

hes a nazi not becuase he is "presenting the other side", but becuase he has an agenda, and hes using his classroom as a vehicle to further this agenda by sneaking in propaganda into the classroom where there are many impressionable minds. its propaganda becuase he is trying (key word ::TRYING:
to PERSUADE(::persuade::,another key word) his students that the government is behind 9/11. the fact that there is an intent to persuade is what makes him a nazi. if he only had an intent to inform, it would be a different story. it is evident he intends to persuade, and not present objective information on the matter.

example1: "Oman came to america from Haiti and currently works at the recycling center, making $5.15/hour, he is saving up for a car, and hopes to have it by the end of summer".

example 2: "Oman came to america from Haiti and currently works at the recycling center, he makes only $5.15/hour. hes trying to save up for a car, and hopes to have it by the end of summer. Dont you think $5.15/hour is a small amount to get payed? why do african american people have it so hard in this country?"

The first example is of someone providing objective information, the second is of one using the information to serve a rascist agenda. Its obvious hes trying to persuade the reader that there is inequality between blacks and whites in america. This is what nazis do, and this is the very thing the proffesor is doing, accept he is doing it with a controversial subject, and is sneaking it into the course matterial of impressionable students.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I disagree completely with the whole Nazi thing. His opinion is his opinion, not yours. While I will respect your opinion, I think that's a bit cold to come off like that. Anyway, he is not an Elementary school teacher. He is a college professor. COLLEGE professor. I would think that college students have experienced life enough to develop their own views, opinions, etc. I will agree with one thing though...his career is done. There isn't much anyone can do, other than the state lawmakers.

[edit on 21-7-2006 by Dark Abyss]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I would think that college students have experienced life enough to develop their own views, opinions, etc.

You must be joking.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Abyss
I would think that college students have experienced life enough to develop their own views, opinions, etc.

I'm not laughing at your post, I'm just think of the college students I knew / know.

That's the perfect age for the draft for a reason. Colleges can indoctrinate, too. If he were just teaching that "Muslims believe..., and this is why", he's teaching the current state of their cultural affairs. But as soon as he starts stating "facts" about 9/11, he becomes a US history teacher, and a bad one at that. He should be pushing the students to be the revisionists and argue with the status quo. Let them do the work and prove accepted facts wrong, not the other way around. That's an agenda.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Perhaps you should educate yourself as to the meaning of the word nazi.

Once you've done that, pleae do come back and tell me exactly how this man is a nazi.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I dont see how this is any different to when the mainstream propaganda tells us everyday that it was a bunch of guys living in a cave

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guerilla
I dont see how this is any different to when the mainstream propaganda tells us everyday that it was a bunch of guys living in a cave

I never heard that claim.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
IMP i totally agree with you....The man is obviously not a Nazi....More to the point is that all you have to say about the case is that hes a Nazi....If we fired professors for all of their non-mainstream ideas we wouldn't have any professors...>Regardless of what happened on 9-11 the man has freespeech rights....to fire a professor for having views that are not accepted by the masses is not grounds for dismissal...more to the point where does it stop....if we can fire an Educated Professional for his/her beliefs can we fire a store clerk for not believing in the State doctrine....can we fire a librarian for her beliefs on sexuality....where does it stop....freedom of speech does not mean freedom of speech unless i don't like what you are talking about.....If you don't like whats on TV change the channel.

Aside from that...I personally agree with this man and am proud that someone had the courage to stand up and point out that things don't add up in regards to 9-11....

[edit on 21-7-2006 by Elsenorpompom]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

Perhaps you should educate yourself as to the meaning of the word nazi.

Once you've done that, pleae do come back and tell me exactly how this man is a nazi.

Well, he keeps his hair well oiled. Has this cute little mustache. All his clothes are a relaxing shade of kahki. He does this funny little dance step (its the cutest thing... reminds me of a duck or something). He originally wanted to be an artist, but ended up teaching instead... Gosh, there's so much.

In all seriousness, I wonder what his stance on Israel is?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well, I'm sorry if I don't personally know any college kids, as I have just graduated high school xD. I do understand your reasoning though. A lot of people that I talk to share many of the same beliefs I do, so it makes sense that I would infer that many of the people my age would share the same beliefs. Anyway, let me clarify: I did not mean to say that all of the college students completely hold their own views, but a lot most likely do...that's all.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If they disagree with his point of view that much, why doesn't the government just arrest him or have him assinated?

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
If they disagree with his point of view that much, why doesn't the government just arrest him or have him assinated?

What fun would that be? Someone like him must be punished! Mwah ha ha ha haaaaaa!

Besides, why would they kill a crank? Its not like he's teaching the truth.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

What fun would that be? Someone like him must be punished! Mwah ha ha ha haaaaaa!

Besides, why would they kill a crank? Its not like he's teaching the truth.

Obviously he is a threat to them. If they just put a bullet in the back of his head and dump him behind a dumpster he could no longer threaten the current administartion.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This professor is doing exactly what every proffessor should do. He is presenting BOTH sides of the story, and from what I understand, he is not promoting the CT version of 9/11 anymore than the "official" version, in fact, he presents is less. He acknowledges the fact that there are curious circumstances surrounding 9/11 and there is enough evidence to support further inquiry. Why is this so wrong? Is it not the job of professors to challenge and promote free thinking, or would you rather have a generation of sheeple mindlessly believing whatever is spoon fed to them?
The concept that many professors try to promote is critical thinking .
Being a critical thinker does not mean all of a sudden accepting some whack conspiracy story, nor does it mean believing everything you hear blindly. This is exactly what the issue is about. The lawmakers dont want anyone to be critical of policy, ie: dissenters. God forbid they find out something truthful, and if not, whats the harm?
So what do they do? They attack the person instead of the facts. Happens all the time. All of a sudden this isnt a free thinking professor encouraging discussion, hes a nazi tyrant breathing anti-american hate to poor gullible college student who were just born into this perfect world. PS. I'm a college student and theres nothing better than a good debate in class. In order for this to happen you need two opposing sides. I guess we'll have to fire all professors who dare raise conflicting issues

[edit on 22-7-2006 by xEphon]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   

So you believe the media is 100% right 100% of the time, i guess that means you can not think for yourself.

You would make a good little media brainwashed puppet.

When is seeking the truth a conspiracy ?

[edit on 22-7-2006 by ULTIMA1]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Good for this guy. The more people challenge the lame official line, the better. College students need at least some role models who aren't just puppets.

As for the guy who called him a Nazi - you simply reveal your own ignorance of what the Nazis were all about. The real parallel is between 9/11 and the burning of the Reichstag, which was blamed on a Dutch "terrorist" called Marinus Van Der Lubbe.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vushta

Originally posted by Guerilla

I never heard that claim.

me neither. they didnt say it was a bunch of guys in a cave, they said it was done by a terrorist organization of trained opertives including skills in improvised munitions and who resort to suicide tactics, based in afghanistan; a terrorist organization that has a resume of carrying out successful attacks on the US and others. 19 of them were specially selected for their mission. not exactly "just a bunch of guys in a cave" lol.

[edit on 22-7-2006 by bob2000]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join