It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are these men?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
If they are homeless, there is a good chance that they were veterans as well. Next time you see someone homeless on a corner remember this, 1 out of every 3 homeless males you see is a Veteran and served our country. I volunteer a lot and see quite of few homeless still wearing camo.

Good to hear you do that Pavil, good on you!

I'm a vet myself, not homeless thank God, but disabled and only one SSI check away from homelessness.

Yep a third of all homless are vets....

But these guys in question are wearing matching gear, not normal for a bunch of homeless guys, vets or not. Read through the posts above...

[edit on 25/7/2006 by ANOK]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I agree, strange they all have the similar clothing, there was a Standown over the weekend in Detroit, but I doubt they had military clothes to hand out. The tatooed one makes me think they are something else, what I am not sure.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Michigan is known for their militias, maybe that is where these guys came from after practicing, and they very well may be looking for new recruits.

Exactly. Or homeless guys.

Some thoughts:

The solid OD green uniforms went out years ago. No US military service wears such uniforms. All service informs for land based services are camoflauge. The Navy has their own uniforms for ships. So if they are wearing the old solid green uniforms, you bet they are not military, not even reserve. And if they are wearing camoflage AND solid OD greens, they are DEFINITELY not military of any sort.

Long scruff haircuts and beards are an absolute no-no in every branch of service. Beards are forbidden unless someone has a medical note (a profile) saying they cannot shave. And there is no medical profile that I know of that exempts a male from keeping his hair cut short. If their hair is over an inch long, they are definitely not active duty or even reserve.

Facial tattoos are another indicator they are not in any military.

So, we are either dealing with homeless guys (and yeah, Ive seen groups of homeless guys all wearing similar clothing and traveling in groups. The streets are dangerous and there is safety in numbers) or it could be some militia types.

Im leaning more towards homeless, tho militia isnt entirely ruled out.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I agree with most of what you say Skadi, bar the haircuts. I know Aussie SF don't have their hair military cut at any time, due to need for short notice CT deployment. I assume Delta and other SF are similar?

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willard856
I agree with most of what you say Skadi, bar the haircuts. I know Aussie SF don't have their hair military cut at any time, due to need for short notice CT deployment. I assume Delta and other SF are similar?

Delta force dont have to cut their hair. Its cuz they do alot of black ops and such.

Green Berets and rangers, however, keep military haircuts. I doubt Delta Force would be hanging around outside a store, tho, in such broad and obvious view.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I know, my intent wasn't to suggest they are SF, I was just clarifying the comment that military don't have long hair, for future reference in case someone took away a mistaken perception that military personnel never have long hair. Some do.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I know, my intent wasn't to suggest they are SF, I was just clarifying the comment that military don't have long hair, for future reference in case someone took away a mistaken perception that military personnel never have long hair. Some do.

I understand your intent. My references were solely to the U.S. military, not foreign militaries. I remember the Dutch forces had long hair AND beards and males with piericings.

But since this was in the US, where foreign forces are extremely rare, and only on training bases and large military bases where joint exercises are performed, the idea of foreign forces didnt even enter the picture. That leaves only U.S. forces, and since no one, save Delta Force, in active duty US military run around with longer hair, its safe to assume they are not military.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
I don't buy a bunch of homeless men all buying the same gear?
The last thing on a homeless persons mind is matching outfits...LOL

Do you think they were taking into account the mathcing outfits, or the fact that what they bought was the cheapest possible?

And homeless people are mostly loners anyway. I've been homeless (by choice) and travelled quite a lot myself when I got out the Navy, I never saw anything like this.

Just because in your experiences you were, doesn't mean all are. I grew up in Detroit, and knew of a few groups (almost like gangs, really) of homeless people who would stick around each other.

I don't think it's anything sinister, just a little unusual...

Agreed.

Originally posted by thesaint
Could they not be people who are conducting a traffic census or public census. Usually these people are unemployed and are paid a nice little earner to complete a census ie How many cars use a certain road, How many members of the public use a certain pedestrian crossing.

In the States we lay down sensors to track the traffic. They're rubber strips, in a pair, and when a vehicle passes over them the air in the tube gets pumped into the sensor. The speed at which the air gets pumped can let them know what sort of vehicles travel when - for example, a semitruck would have a lot of quick pulses, versus a car which would have a short series of pulses.

As for peds crossing a walk, I doubt they would need a group of people for that. Probably just two at a time, in shifts.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Do you think they were taking into account the mathcing outfits, or the fact that what they bought was the cheapest possible?

Yep I hear ya mate. Still sounds odd to me though a bunch of homeless guys would all buy their clothes at the same time, cheap or not, but you never know.
Most homeless people already have their gear, unless they all became homeless at the same time with no clothes on their backs. Or decided the jeans they had weren't good enough to hang with the 'rat' guys.

I'm not saying homeless guys don't hang together just that hanging together in matching clothes asking for food fit for a rat is odd...LOL

Ya wanna hang with us, gotta wear these....

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I bet they're construction workers.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
If they were construction workers, in Michigan, they'd be on a site... Most people outside of Michigan don't know it, but our state only has two seasons: Winter and Construction.

[edit on 7/26/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
If they were construction workers, in Michigan, they'd be on a site... Most people outside of Michigan don't know it, but our state only has two seasons: Winter and Construction.

[edit on 7/26/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

Two seasons is right! lol If they were construction workers they would have orange vests and not just hanging around. Thanks everyone for all of the input. Great brainstorming. Still no sign of them here in this neighborhood. I'm going to drive up by the Taco Bell today and see if they are still hanging around there. Maybe the police officer who spoke to the one guy scared them off. Someone mentioned Michigan Militia but I dont think so. It seems to me most militia guys would have normal lives and jobs aside from their group.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Delta force dont have to cut their hair. Its cuz they do alot of black ops and such.

Green Berets and rangers, however, keep military haircuts. I doubt Delta Force would be hanging around outside a store, tho, in such broad and obvious view.

Thats a myth. It originates from deltas doing more "Feild time" than anyone else. while your in the feild training enviroment you cant cut your hair or shave every day. But all army soldiers MUST conform to regulations regarding hair and beard while on base.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Well maybe there is someone in that area that has been too nosy into Top Secret stuff and the military men are looking for them..Just a thought

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join