It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace, Propaganda & The Promised Land

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
video.google.com...

This helped explain the conflict for me so i thought i would post it here for everyone to watch and discuss. How Israel is getting away with what they are doing is beyond me, they need to get out now. The US media also needs to be completely changed and all current reporters fired, they are controlled absolutely and it's pathetic.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
it doesn't explain it at all. It doesn't even come close. It's completley one-sided, and believe me, nothing in this world is either explainable or one-sided.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaCodeMonkey
video.google.com...

This helped explain the conflict for me so i thought i would post it here for everyone to watch and discuss. How Israel is getting away with what they are doing is beyond me, they need to get out now. The US media also needs to be completely changed and all current reporters fired, they are controlled absolutely and it's pathetic.

Israle is simply defending itself.. just like you would defend yourself and your family if you were attacked .. or maybe not. In case you don't remember everything was considerably calm untill Israeli soldiers were kidnapped, just because... and than came the missil attacks...

It amazes me how many ppl condemen Isarael for the simple fact that they are defending their nation, like any other nation would... but I guess, if you're a Jew, you don't have the right to defend yourself...? If you're a Jew you're just expected to curl up in a corner and die ?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   

This helped explain the conflict for me

Hezbollah attacked israel, what needs to be explained? Why resort to propaganda videos?

How Israel is getting away with what they are doing is beyond me,

Getting away with what? Responding to an attack???

The US media also needs to be completely changed and all current reporters fired, they are controlled absolutely and it's pathetic.

Well, when you are installed as world dictator we'll all make sure to get right on it sir, no explanations necessary.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

The US media also needs to be completely changed

I agree. But the easiest would probably to start your own news agency or newspaper. Anyone who want to can start their own companies I hope. The only problem is getting the millions of chash needed to run it...

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

Israle is simply defending itself.. just like you would defend yourself and your family if you were attacked .. or maybe not.

I would really like to see you get in front of any judge in a self defense case and explain how not only did you kill your attackers family, your next door neighbors family , blew up several of your neighbors houses, his dog and still after weeks of doing this nothing ever happened to the person who originally attacked you. You'd be in jail. While this isn't such a small thing there are still rules of engagement to be followed.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Israle is simply defending itself.. just like you would defend yourself and your family if you were attacked .. or maybe not.

I would really like to see you get in front of any judge in a self defense case and explain how not only did you kill your attackers family, your next door neighbors family , blew up several of your neighbors houses, his dog and still after weeks of doing this nothing ever happened to the person who originally attacked you. You'd be in jail. While this isn't such a small thing there are still rules of engagement to be followed.

don't be ***... if the all family, friends and neighboors of my attackers was involved in the crime they would get what they asked for. That is one of the dumbest cop outs ever. you are trying to compare an attack to antion to a home assault ? what Planet do you live in ?

[edit on 7/22/2006 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   

[everything was considerably calm untill Israeli soldiers were kidnapped, just because...

Israel had previously abducted members of the democratically elected Palestinian government.

Now that Israel has attacked Gaza and the West Bank and kidnapped members of the democratically elected government there, it will be interesting to see if the United Nations condemns these criminal acts and moves to pass another worthless resolution.

Israel’s “Operation Summer Rain” is not specifically intended to win the release of prisoner of war corporal Gilad Shalit so much as continue the nearly sixty year aggression against the Palestinian people. “According to some Western analysts, the military action, rather than being aimed at rescuing the captured Israeli soldier, is aimed at preempting the consequences of a recent agreement [to recognize Israel] reached by the Fatah block and Hamas,” notes the Arab Monitor.
Source.

So please, let the whole story be told. The abduction of soldiers by Hamas was not an isolated act, but a reaction to the events outlined above. Unfortunately, it has played right into Israels hand, who are now free to attack civilians in the surrounding countries, completely unopposed by the world community at large.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

don't be ***... if the all family, friends and neighboors of my attackers was involved in the crime they would get what they asked for. That is one of the dumbest cop outs ever. you are trying to compare an attack to antion to a home assault ? what Planet do you live in ?

Excuse me...you were the one that made the comparison about an attack against a family member . No matter what, if you change the whole comparison to the whole family had attacked you ,and you killed their next door neighbors by accident you are not acting in self defense against the neighbors...you will still be guilty of murder. No matter how you slice it. Self defense is protecting yourself from an attacker not from innocent parties that took no part in the attack.

mod edit: quoted text

[edit on 7/22/2006 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Israle is simply defending itself.. just like you would defend yourself and your family if you were attacked

How can you defend your self on ocupied teritory? slef defence no longer exists when you are defending a position that is not yours.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion

[everything was considerably calm untill Israeli soldiers were kidnapped, just because...

Israel had previously abducted members of the democratically elected Palestinian government. [/QUOTE]

Oh get Real! Garbage ! Its'a always the Jews that start it, isnt it ? Even when Worlds news SHOWS differently. I wonder who is behind that "news" agency.
The "democratic eleected Palestinian Goverment" as you call it is the HAMAS, a very well known fanatic organization. I don't consider terroristic groups to be "goverments", and the ppl who elect them only get what they deserve.

So please, let the whole story be told. The abduction of soldiers by Hamas was not an isolated act, but a reaction to the events outlined above. Unfortunately, it has played right into Israels hand, who are now free to attack civilians in the surrounding countries, completely unopposed by the world community at large.

Well thats Hamas own fault. They should wear uniforms so they could be identified, but they are too cowardly and prefer to use their own ppl as human shields, so they can kill as many as they can and blame it all on other nations. How about asking Hamas, why are they using their own children as human shields ? Is that what the Kuran tells them ? To use their children as shield beucase they are too cowardly? Does the Kuran tell them that the life of one Jew is worth 20 of their children? I don't think so.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Well thats Hamas own fault. They should wear uniforms so they could be identified

Aha I see, so it does not matter if their civilians, everytime a civilian get's killed it's not israels fault.
It's hamas , they didint wear uniforms so we can kill them all.

but they are too cowardly and prefer to use their own ppl as human shields

So that makes it all better?
No responsability, lets's just kill them all huh? it's not israel fault that their using them as human shields, right?

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
it doesn't explain it at all. It doesn't even come close. It's completley one-sided, and believe me, nothing in this world is either explainable or one-sided.

please be more specific, can you at least comment on the documentary and makes some points, I dont see any points made by you, can you please do that?, all I see is you dening it all by a simple quote, with nothing to back it up.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Fine,I'll go and make a blantantly one sided and innacurate movie. Propoganda in other words

My moral of the story is. Do not suddenly think you understand a conflict after watching a MOVIE (very powerful medium) made by people WHO WANT you to think in a certain way.

[edit on 22-7-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres

My moral of the story is. Do not suddenly think you understand a conflict after watching a MOVIE (very powerful medium) made by people WHO WANT you to think in a certain way.

[edit on 22-7-2006 by Peyres]

No but I can comment on it and say that history is right and comparing history to that documentary I can say that the video clip has some very good points.
Israel ignoring resolutions after resolutions?
Israel ocuping land? I can open the history book and show you it's exactly like that.
Did you know israel had trained terrorists to fight the brithish army in the past?
Building setelments on palestinian land and expanding,and then self defending on forein teritory!!!!

[edit on 22-7-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Resolution 106: The Palestine Question (29 Mar 1955) 'condemns' Israel for Gaza
raid.
Resolution ignored.

Resolution 111: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for raid on Syria that killed fifty-six people".
Resolution ignored.

Resolution 127: " . . . 'recommends' Israel suspends it's 'no-man's zone' in Jerusalem".
Resolution ignored.

Resolution 162: " . . . 'urges' Israel to comply with UN decisions".
Resolution ignored.

Resolution 171: " . . . determines flagrant violations' by Israel in its attack on Syria".
Resolution ignored.

Resolution 228: " . . . 'censures' Israel for its attack on Samu in the West Bank, then under Jordanian control".
Resolution ignored.

Resolution 259: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's refusal to accept UN mission to probe occupation".
Resolution ignored.

Resolution 279: " . . . 'demands' withdrawal of Israeli forces from Lebanon".
Resolution 280: " . . . 'condemns' Israeli's attacks against Lebanon".
Resolution 285: " . . . 'demands' immediate Israeli withdrawal form Lebanon".
all 3 resolutions ignored until they were forced to withdraw do to guerila war which was wearing the israeilan army down. israel still holds ocupied lebanon teritory and this not do to recent conflict , this matter is old.

Resolution 446 (1979): 'determines' that Israeli settlements are a 'serious obstruction' to peace and calls on Israel to abide by the Fourth Geneva Convention".. Israeli settlements in the occupied territories thus declared illegal.

resolution ignored

Resolution 608: " . . . 'deeply regrets' that Israel has defied the United Nations and deported Palestinian civilians".
Resolution 636: " . . . 'deeply regrets' Israeli deportation of Palestinian civilians.
Resolution 641: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's continuing deportation of Palestinians.
Resolution 672: " . . . 'condemns' Israel for violence against Palestinians at the Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount.
Resolution 673: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's refusal to cooperate with the United Nations.
Resolution 681: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's resumption of the deportation of Palestinians.
Resolution 694: " . . . 'deplores' Israel's deportation of Palestinians and calls on it to ensure their safe and immediate return.
Resolution 726: " . . . 'strongly condemns' Israel's deportation of Palestinians.
Resolution 799: ". . . 'strongly condemns' Israel's deportation of 413 Palestinians and calls for their immediate return.

resolutions ignored ignored ignored........
Resolution 242 (November 22, 1967): Termination of all claims or states of belligerency and respect for and acknowledgement of the sovereignty, territorial integrity and political independence of every State in the area. Calls on Israel's neighbors to end the state of belligerency and calls upon Israel to reciprocate by withdraw its forces from land claimed by other parties in 1967 war. Interpreted commonly today as calling for the Land for peace principle as a way to resolve Arab-Israeli conflict
also ignored

Hmm I wonder why arabs trow rocks and put up resistance by guerila war.
I wonder why.

I'll be back with some history for you, for now you can chew on this.
See you around

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Sorry i really cant be botherd watching what was posted as im sure it is one sided. But what is so wrong with one sided, biased reporting, we hear it constantly on mainstream media?

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
LOL he copy/pastes some resolutions and that means what?

Oh thats right, when you prove yourself right and all knowledgeable the bombs will stop flying from BOTH sides ....

Anyone in this argument who tries to say EITHER side in this conflict is justified is WRONG!

This whole conflict goes back many hundreds, if not thousands of years.

BOTH sides are as guilty as each other at some point over this massive time frame.

Arguments at who threw the first rock are futile.

And trying to justify EITHER side is an exercise in stupidity.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
LOL he copy/pastes some resolutions and that means what?

Still those resolutions are real.

Arguments at who threw the first rock are futile.

It's not about who threw the first rock, it's about giving back what it's not your own,
the gaza and lebanon ocupation is rather recent as history, it dates back just after ww2, I'm not sideing with any one, I'm not of arabic origins and I have no intrest to side with any one, but if people like it or not that's what it is, an ocupation.
I dont sustain that jews dont have the right to be there, they have every right as any human being, the story dates back, they left long time ago many in europe , many of them worked for the otoman empire and were educated people , they were good in making deals and selling goods, they made alot of money,as things worked good for them they wanted to make a state of their own, so they went back to where they left, and no one acuses them of that, as they moved back arabs welcomed them, and they did live in peace for a period of time, the problem is when they started to expand and started to ocupy teritory, the crusades are not really related to this matter and does not relate to the state of israel, at that point jewish population were not present in a large number in the area of israel and were spread out thru regions of europe and mostly around the otoman empire, the problem is that even jewish people dont agree with their own goverment people just want peace, jews and arabs, for that to work the israelian state must give back the lands captured after the WW2 and we will see peace, the problem is ocupation, and after ignoring resolution after resolution, and capturing land I would be pissed off also if it was my land, so there is a reason for all of this, people are just people in the end, it's the pupetiers that does dirty deeds.

[edit on 23-7-2006 by pepsi78]

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Bumping this having just watched it.

Call it biased, but please watch it first.

It answers the infrequently asked question of "Why", a question which is seldom asked in the mainstream media.

A question I ask, but never get a reply for.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join