It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASSIVE Solar Flare Directed @ Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Some very nice videos and pictures!

Evidently this is the largest solar flare in the past 30 years. Some end-times websites say that this is some kind of a sign, however if every large solar flare is a sign, why are we still sitting here after 30 years? Is Zetatalk buzzing?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The Sun today unleashed what appears to be the third most powerful flare in recorded history, a storm of charged particles that could hit Earth mid-day Wednesday with more effect than any since 1989, when an entire Canadian province had its power knocked out.

Depending on the storm's magnetic orientation, it could set off a dramatic display of colorful northern lights well into mid-latitudes of the United States and Europe.

SpaceNews

I have posted images on the other thread started by kukla.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I for one am going to watch the spectacular northern lights show that will be present on wed night.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This is not the end of times..I REPEAT THIS IS NOT THE END OF TIMES.

1) Poles would start wander BIG TIME before a switch. We'd know if it was happening.

1b) You'd need several planets to be in alignment for the right gravitic conditions for a switch.

2) This flare is only a small fraction of what the sun is capable of.

3) AT WORST this flare could knock out a couple satellites, a few electrical grids and that's about it. Oh yeah, and some pretty lights in the skies.

4) Any CME-triggered seismic events will be minimal. It's big, but not that big.

5) 2012 isn't for another 9 years.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The Mayan calander of 2012 is supposed to corralate with 2003 in our years.

The Abomination Of Desolation has to happen first then the pole shift then christ returns.

wrightworld.net...

wrightworld.net...

wrightworld.net...

Everything is happening right on Que!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The only thing I believe in is good old science. And science tells me that you need massive gravitic forces to induce a pole switch. The poles are always wandering, but from ice samples and ocean cores, we know that prior to and after pole switches, the poles wandered in LARGE distances. None of which is happening..

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Pole flips take thousands of years to occur.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Wow, that # is pretty amazing. I hope I get to see the northern lights. I've only seen them once down here.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac
Pole flips take thousands of years to occur.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Good article WOS..It also highlights how little we actually know about this process. What I've studied does indicate that the actual switch is instantaneous but the buildup could and probably does take thousands of years.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Kukla's sig:

Today's solar weather >>

Flare activity: Mega Flare!

Geomagnetic: field Storm!

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Kukla's sig:

Today's solar weather >>

Flare activity: Mega Flare!

Geomagnetic: field Storm!

Does it say mega flare? Should say M-clase flare.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It said that about 90 mins ago...

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Apart from being an interesting scientific event, these recent solar flares have turned into one gigantic media hype. They are everywhere, newspapers, TV, internet, I have seen a dozen documentaries in the last few days on TV, explaining the science behind the flares. I guess the war talk is getting kinda boring so they need something new... gotta love the modern world... The sense of impending doom sells well

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   

^whew^

that is some wild stuff. I think some sun screen might help down here in Florida. We just got over the hottest Sept/October on record, and we STILL have our air conditiong on. Any connection, guys?

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
we are all gonna die.

or at least have bad satillite reception.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Looks like we got lucky. No problems reported except for a Japanese satellite.

www.msnbc.com...

Just think, the worst could have happened!!.... NO CABLE TV!!!
(can you imagine?)

~Jammer

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
darklanser, my girlfriend has had those same kind of headaches for about a week now.. do you think this is related ?

I have no clue myself, just tired of hearing her say, I have a headache..

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Another biggie today, almost another Y-Class flare...

sec.noaa.gov...

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Kohl, the lead investigator for an instrument aboard NASA's sun-watching SOHO spacecraft, said the probability of two huge flares aimed directly at Earth coming so close together, as they have this week, was "unprecedented ... so low that it is a statistical anomaly."

Read The Full Article

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Any new news on this front?

Does anyone else who is familiar with the RA material or "Law of One" material posted on www.ascension2000.com

see a connection between these solar flares, increases in the energy flow throughout the solar system etc?

~Jammer

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
I don't know if it's related but 5 or 6 people I know(including myself) have had headaches for the last day or so. Dull throbbing headaches. Very weird. Anyone else?

YES!! *waves frantically*
how does one stop this??? paracetamol's have virtually no effect....any advice

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join