It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanon Threatens Israel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I have heard on CNN news-sorry, no links...YET!

The Lebanese president has threatend to send the lebanese army to help hezbolla if Israel invades...............................

News Flash: Israely trops, tanks ands such are massing at the boarder to Lebanon
(again sorry-cnn TV)

news.yahoo.com...

This is neither cute nor funny stuff.

If that happens, will Iran/Syria decide to directly get involved???????

Not to repeat myself, again, but what will ANYONE else do now?

Rice is going to ME, but it will take more than that, i fear.

It is going to take a real stopping of hezbolla-military actions-and return of the men.

The hezbolla leader says he won't even talk about it- stopping the fighting-WHO wants to incourage him???

I don't like where this is going. I hope I am just another paranoid soul here in ATS lland.

[edit on 7/21/2006 by mrmonsoon]

Mod edit: excessive use of smilies

[edit on 7/21/2006 by Gools]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
No you aren't alone, I too fear the very same thing ... and also what lies ahead should Iran and/or Syria get involved, cause let's face it, Lebanon can't do it alone

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImJaded

and also what lies ahead should Iran and/or Syria get involved, cause let's face it, Lebanon can't do it alone

They haven't been going it alone. Iran and Syria have been right there the whole time, and are as much to blame for Lebanon's predicament as anyone else is. Lebanon is just a tool for them to use against Israel.

I fear all of this is just the opening moves of a larger war that Iran has been preparing to wage by proxy, and I'm afraid its going to get much worse.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Its pretty clear that Isreal ain't going to stop, and that it can't be made to stop. The only way to stop the violence is for hezbollah to be removed, the only pressure that is going to work is pressure on hezbollah. The lebanese government is dooming its country by not actively working against hezbollah, LET ALONE actually siding with it!

The best thing for the lebanese government to do is work with israel and get rid of Hezbollah. Thats the only thing that will ensure their future peace.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
yep.

This will be a very stupid move by Lebanon. Infact it will serve to justify Israel's anger over them not meeting their promises (over taking out hezbollah) or the UN resolution.

I sometime wonder if any of our world leaders posses a shred of intelligence.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   
it's the end of the world as we know it
and i feel fine.....

god that'sa great song!

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
well at least lets hopw this all mess does serve to opne some ppls eyes, and see that there is a true "public enemy" and its name is "islamic terrorism" ... let it serve as a lesson to all of those who claim the 9/11 was donne by CIA. Obviosuly now as the cards fall, everyone (well not all.. there will always be the deniers of reality) can now see, even if they deny it.. that there are a couple of nations who believe their duty is to follow up their religion, meaning to destroy the "jew and the infidel", so they can have their perfect Islamic World... Yeah... noone ever said truth was always pretty.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
More news on this from ATSNN:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wondernut
it's the end of the world as we know it
and i feel fine.....

Its the end of lebanon, not the world. That country is going to be pounded into dust, which is horrible.

baastetnoir
that there are a couple of nations who believe their duty is to follow up their religion, meaning to destroy the "jew and the infidel",

I would qualify that by saying that they are following up on what they interpret their religion to be. Islam does not require the destruction of other faiths. Lebanon, indeed, is the perfect example.

In lebanon, there are jews, muslims, various christian groups, and the druze, who are paganistic/pre-islamic. They all lived in peace for millenia, because part of Islam is that you can't force conversions, and you can't harm innocent people, even if they are non-beleivers (unless they attack you, which, clearly, is different). Its the zealots today, and in this instance, a worldwide conspiracy of shia fanatics, that are the problem.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

In lebanon, there are jews, muslims, various christian groups, and the druze, who are paganistic/pre-islamic. They all lived in peace for millenia, because part of Islam is that you can't force conversions, and you can't harm innocent people, even if they are non-beleivers (unless they attack you, which, clearly, is different). Its the zealots today, and in this instance, a worldwide conspiracy of shia fanatics, that are the problem.

Not all Muslims are Islamic terrorists ...true... but ALL Islamic Terrorists are Muslims. And I did see the Lebanese leader claiming he will join in with the the fanatics...

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
CNN NEWS FLASH:

1000 Israeli troops in Lebanon, supported by tanks, and such.

Massive numbers if Israeli reserves are being called up.

Reserves are being given holding jobs and all frontline men are being positioned towards Lebanon.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
looks like israel is about to gain some land the american way
take it by force

no seriously this is not good as israel is not doing it for the land but because they want to stop being attacked and have finally realized that inaction and peace talks will not quell these people

when you are backed into a corner with nowhere to go and people are throwing stones or in this case rockets at you, you will snap and start fighting back until either you win or you die trying

teal'c said it best, "I die free."
viva the jaffa rebellion!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Islam does not require the destruction of other faiths. Lebanon, indeed, is the perfect example.

Really ?? Well i guess the Iranian Leader must see it differently, because he was quoted saying he was just doing the work to bring forward his great Savior. ? But i guess he, beeing a Muslem all his life, doesn't really know what he is talking about..

And that makes me wonder, what were the Islamic invasions all about ?

Originally posted by NygdanIn lebanon, there are jews, muslims, various christian groups, and the druze, who are paganistic/pre-islamic. They all lived in peace for millenia, because part of Islam is that you can't force conversions, and you can't harm innocent people, even if they are non-beleivers (unless they attack you, which, clearly, is different). Its the zealots today, and in this instance, a worldwide conspiracy of shia fanatics, that are the problem.

They all lived in Peace for millenia ?? Well these hystorical books must be all wrong. What can I say ? Well... If its all the Shia fanatics fault .. than lets get them ..right ? Let's see all the Peacefull Msulim nations you speak of, bringing them to Justice and putting them in jail ...or applying whatver Islamic law fits best
Why doesn't that happen ? Shouldn't be so hard for the Islamic World to unite itself and bring to justice those "Shia" ppl who are giving them such bad name ? should it ?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Its the end of lebanon, not the world. That country is going to be pounded into dust, which is horrible.

i agree, my post was quoting lyrics from a song
however, from the point of view of anyone actually in lebanon it will seem as if the world is ending, terrible as that may be

top topics

join