It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to use guard PIGS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   

An organisation in Israel has gained rabbinical approval to train pigs to guard Jewish settlements in the West Bank.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Rather interesting considering the Muslim implications.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2

An organisation in Israel has gained rabbinical approval to train pigs to guard Jewish settlements in the West Bank.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Rather interesting considering the Muslim implications.

Sounds like a similar form of 'animal/religion based' propaganda to that which caused a situation to arise when the British were in India during the 19th century. A rumour was spread that the ammunition used by the British Army was constructed using cattle fat. Of course, the Cow being considered sacred, the Army's totally Indian Regiments refused to use the ammunition, as even touching the dead 'animal' would taint them.

The British retaliated in a similar manner by burying any dead rebels in a sheet which had been dipped in cow's fat - which of course then meant the dead man would be denined access to the upper-levels of the afterlife's grand towerblock, so to speak!

The power of animals and religion - unbeatable!

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
LOL!

Love it!

Besides are pigs not really smart too?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Last time I checked.........

Pig were an unclean forbidden animal as well in Judism. Hmm.....so much for Jewish Piety and adherence to Levitical law............I suppose they can change the boundaries of their religion as they see fit to serve whatever purpose for the day suits them?

How convienent.

They are gonna have a hard time with Palestinians who arent Muslim or superstitous.......

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
LOL
this is so #ing stupid.

Muslims are not allowed to EAT pork, but they are allowed to shoot at it, no problem there. And that "dont touch" thing mentioned in the article... nonsense. As I said, the ban only involves eating pork, nothing else.

Those pigs are not gonna guard a damn thing, if I may quote the article:

"Spare us from this nonsense," one settler spokesman told the BBC. "It will never happen."

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well, it said it would point out a terrorist, i don't think it would actually attack it, but it would be some funny sh*t if it did.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well I for one laughed at this at first - then thought about an article here in the UK about the problems with Wild Boar. Pretty vicious beasts -

SPOILER - for Hanibal Fans who havnt read the last book

and in Hanibal - the pigs were bred to hunt and kill humans ?

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Actually, it is forbidden for Muslims to touch pork at least from the doctrine of the NOI--I don't know how it's treated by the Arab Muslims--but, in the Nation of Islam touching a pig is just as bad as eating one.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The British thing in India was that Cow fat was used to keep the ammo dry.The nature of war mean't that troops had to tear the grease paper off with their teeth.

Hindu soldiers revolted and I believe it was changed.

Just to clarify that point.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The jewis can't eat them so what not make them into guard pigs that get shot at by Palstinain(sp) peoples!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 03:44 AM
link   
If Israel is training guard pigs then let them.

First of all it will protect Israel and the Arabic counries.

Trained guard pigs would be like buffer zone between Israel and the others.(Jews and Muslims count pigs as dirty animals so they don't touch them)

Second of all there will be less deaths of people.

But the animal lovers might try do something to stop the animal killings.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 04:10 AM
link   
how is it suppposed to act as a buffer zone...may i ask???
the pigs will escalate matters.....big mistake, since the jews might take this as a personal offence if the animals are harmed.
you see....this year a massive israeli demonstration took place against the israeli government, some of the people are FOR the palestinians.
this could change easily if the pigs have sentimental value in their eyes

top topics

join