It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ezekiel 26:3 City of Tyre bombing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Ezekiel 26:3

3therefore thus says the Lord GOD, 'Behold, I am against you, O Tyre, and I will bring up many nations against you, as the sea brings up its waves.

Now, that is interesting.

Was the strike on Tyre and Lebanon forseen in the Bible? i have been looking hard into more and found this site

www.frankcaw.com...

In Ezekiel 26:3, Ezekiel prophesied that Tyre would be destroyed because God would inspire “many nations to come up against thee, as the sea causeth his waves to come up.” In other words, this scriptural passage predicted that waves of invading nations would attack Tyre, and as a result, the city of Tyre would eventually be conquered and destroyed.

www.frankcaw.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Good find, but doesn't it say many nations?
Israel only being one, so possibly this battle is not the one mentioned?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lardo5150
Good find, but doesn't it say many nations?
Israel only being one, so possibly this battle is not the one mentioned?

Of course,
But you could see it that the countries who do not back a ceasefire are the "many nations"?

but, its something we should keep our eye on.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Of course,
But you could see it that the countries who do not back a ceasefire are the "many nations"?

but, its something we should keep our eye on.

Ah, good piont, did not look at it like that.

I do agree that we should keep our eye on the mideast situation in regards to an end times standpoint. Even though we have seen flare ups like this before, with current world status, weather, etc., it really feeds into an end times scenario.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have a few questions.

How old is the city of Tyre?

How many times has it been attacked by "other" nations?

is it saying it will always be in battles with others?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I have a few questions.

How old is the city of Tyre?

How many times has it been attacked by "other" nations?

is it saying it will always be in battles with others?

That is a valid question. How many times has it been attacked.
that is why I feel it is hard to nail these prophecies down to events in the middleast cause that area has been in fighting forever.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
No, I think the Verse has been removed from context. This passage, is a PAST event which took place when Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon was used by God to destroy this once fantastic City. Ezekiel 26:7

As was the Case, 2500 Years or more ago, cities where once walled, much like you can see in a majority of the Old City of Jerusalem. This is gone, and was broken to pieces by the Hand of God, when he brought Nebuchadnezzar to bear on Tyre.

There is some crossover notations which follow, that are "Prophetic" but to a specific personage, the Prince of Tyre.

First, God notes he is against Tyre, in Chapter 26, and expresses through Ezekiel how the City will end. Next there is a Lamentation or a SAD BALLAD in Chapter 27 of the once beautiful city and notes who visited the city regularly for trade and such.

Then there is the Prophecy, but is applicalbe to that old serpent, the Devil, Satan, who did the deed's described in Chapter 28. The Prince of Tyre. This is an End of Time Prophecy, since it is clear, what is being done to Satan.

But I believe, this destruction is what occured during Nebuchadnezzar's Rule. This King of Babylon was a perfect tool, and ultimately a fine God Fearing Man when his life ended. He was blessed with the Riches of Egypt for the work he did for God.

Just my perspective though.

As for the Many Nations coming aginst Tyre, Look through the History of Tyre in Wikipedia. I am certain this will clear that up.
en.wikipedia.org...

Ciao

Shane

[edit on 21-7-2006 by Shane]

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
But another point to the tale, Damascus (which has never been destroyed, but the bible states)

(Isaiah 17:1 ESV) An oracle concerning Damascus. Behold, Damascus will cease to be a city and will become a heap of ruins.

(Isaiah 17:1 JPS) The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

(Isaiah 17:1 NIV) An oracle concerning Damascus: "See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins.

Prophetically, we see it as well, in Isaiah chapter 17, which describes that future "day men will look to their Maker and turn their eyes to the Holy One of Israel." (v 7 NIV). This "looking" will be with new spiritual eyesight, imploring God for succor, in sincere repentance. The next verse indicates that Israel will no longer look to their man-made religion, "the works of their hands." But first, let us take a verse-by-verse examination of this chapter, which begins with a foretelling of doom for the city of Damascus, Syria.

The demise of Damascus is prophesied in three different places in the Bible. Isaiah 17 is one of them. If this prophecy is yet future, awaiting fulfillment, it could happen soon. Damascus is a central hub of terrorism today. Several of the most prominent terrorist organizations have their headquarters there, and coordinate their operations from there. With the United States and Israel aligning against Iran, Syria, and Hezbollah, it is not hard to see today how circumstances could quickly fall into place.

www.trumpetsounds.com...

here is the summary, that the author comes to (note: its his view)

Interpretative summary: Because Israel has ignored their God, who chose them as a nation and planted them in the land, He takes decisive action to direct their attention to Himself. A war with Syria is the means He chooses. In that war Damascus inflicts grievous injury on Israel's cities, but Jerusalem is spared. In response, Damascus is completely and irreversibly annihilated. In addition, the Palestinian terrorist forces are eliminated from the West Bank.

Israel suffers greatly in the war. The aftermath is awful devastation in Israel's population centers, as well as the emaciation of Israel's national status. Because of Israel's role in the destruction of Damascus, the international community expresses unprecedented, extreme rage against Israel. But God comes vehemently to Israel's defense, and through the whole process, a remarkable spiritual transformation takes place in the nation. They turn their eyes to their Maker, abandoning all man-made religion.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   

But another point to the tale, Damascus (which has never been destroyed, but the bible states)

(Isaiah 17:1 KJV) The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.

Now, I would like to offer the following, for consideration.

en.wikipedia.org...
Ancient
Excavations at Tell Ramad on the outskirts of the city have demonstrated that Damascus has been inhabited as early as 8000 to 10,000 BC. It is due to this that Damascus is considered to be the oldest continually inhabited city in the world. However, Damascus is not documented as an important city until the coming of the Aramaeans, Semitic nomads who arrived from the Arabian peninsula. It is known that it was the Aramaeans who first established the water distribution system of Damascus by constructing canals and tunnels which maximized the efficiency of the Barada river. The same network was later improved by the Romans and the Umayyads, and still forms the basis of the water system of the old part of Damascus today. In 1100 BC, the city became the center of a powerful Aramaean state called Aram Damascus. The Kings of Aram Damascus were involved in many wars in the area against the Assyrians and the Israelites. One of the Kings, Ben-Hadad II, fought Shalmaneser III at the Battle of Karkar. The ruins of the Aramean town most probably lie under the eastern part of the old walled city. After Tiglath-Pileser III captured and destroyed the city in 732 BC, it lost its independence for hundreds of years, and it fell under the Neo-Babylonian rule of Nebuchadnezzar starting in 572 BC. The Babylonian rule of the city came to an end in 538 BC when the Persians under Cyrus captured the city and made it the capital of the Persian province of Syria.

Now I note destruction continues, as does Habitation, but is this the Damascus, that we come to know in the Future, or the Aram Damascus, that ended during the period of Isaiah's life? (800 - 700 BC).

We do see, the Work of God's Hand (Assyria Isaiah 19:25) takes Damascus (Aram Damascus) and destroy the "Then Aramaean State", and put it into ruin. Which accurately did occur in 732 BC.

Now, it is also clear, Damascus is situated in a excellent place. It is a Water Source, and has been habitated for some 10000 Years, which helps to draw people to it.

But as of 732 BC, The Aramaean State never is again. Since then, many have claimed Damascus. (Nebuchadnezzar, Alexander, Assyria, the Persians,......and on)

Just my pondering on this.

I can not say this is still to be fulfilled, or occured in 732 BC.

Isaiah is one Prophet that speaks to his day, coming days, and the End of Time Days, within the context of 1 chapter, such as the Oracle of Egypt in Chapter 19.
(Current, coming and Endtime)

But it is interesting none the less.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

www.frankcaw.com...

In Ezekiel 26:3, Ezekiel prophesied that Tyre would be destroyed because God would inspire
“many nations to come up against thee, as the sea causeth his waves to come up.”

actually, one could interpret the meaning of waves to mean a sort of
periodicity, or else relentless assaults/attacks on the environs of that particular
metropolis over the couse of time.
therefore, this present conflict with (modern)Israel-VS-Hezbollah-Lebanon,
is not a unique episode in the eternal onslought of aggression on Tyre,
and therefore not worthy of singling out as having any particular significance
at this point in time.

let's bring to light,
that Torah and Talmudic scholars & authorities,
have long held that the other scriptures of the Biblical Old Testament-
other than the 5 Books of Torah,
are considered worthy of consideration for only women and children,
and as an adjunct for their personal reflection and religious involvement including their moral growth...

basically,(most of OldTestament) is the stuff to whet one's appetite toward future study- - in the Laws etc, upon attaining manhood.

It is only the 'christian' bible that accepts these writings as true prophecy....
and as you can see...the writings are open to interpetation & meanings,
which is their only valid value, being a gateway toward more & eager study.

my .02 , have a nice day

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shane
No, I think the Verse has been removed from context. This passage, is a PAST event which took place when Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon was used by God to destroy this once fantastic City. Ezekiel 26:7...

Ciao

Shane

Shane,
You are such a skeptic!

Why do you insist on always debunking everything everybody says?

Can't you believe anything?

Harte

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Shane,
You are such a skeptic!

Harte

Hey my Friend.

To think I was missing you.
Hope you are well, and trust all is fine with you and yours.

As for a Skeptic? No

I am an Optomist

There's always the Brighter Side!

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

that Torah and Talmudic scholars & authorities,
have long held that the other scriptures of the Biblical Old Testament-
other than the 5 Books of Torah,
are considered worthy of consideration for only women and children,
and as an adjunct for their personal reflection and religious involvement including their moral growth...

basically,(most of OldTestament) is the stuff to whet one's appetite toward future study- - in the Laws etc, upon attaining manhood.

my .02 , have a nice day

I have always wondered how they would feel about these books, if the Prophets had been heaping praises for work well done upon thier heads?

But no, those nasty prophets, always found faults, and pointed fingers, didn't they?

And really, if God had anything to say, wouldn't he say it through the Preisthood?

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Alexander the Great sacked it after a 7 months siege in the 300s BC. Only by creating a causeway of land to the island city to allow his siege machines to get to the city could he take it. Ever since its been connected to the mainland, it juts out from the coast a bit.

But, since the Tyre prophecy is concerning the "end times", I think it has more relevance than just the Nebuchadnezzar event.

When south Lebanon has been fully cleaned out of Hizbollah by Israel, a Nato peacekeeping force will deploy there as a buffer zone. The city of Tyre will be the most devastated city in need of humanitarian assistance and repair. It's predominantly shiite muslim. Since the area would be secure, if they succeed, the city would be rebuilt just as the prophecy states will happen. If not by Nato/UN, by Iranian money, sympathetic to the Shiites and eager to gain some leverage in the UN/US situation.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by runetang]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Ezekiel 26:3
3: therefore thus says the Lord GOD, 'Behold, I am against you, O Tyre, and I will bring up many nations against you, as the sea brings up its waves.

I came across something interesting in The Guardian newspaper yesterday with reference to this...the article quotes an Israeli newspaper, The Yediot Aharonot Daily, saying:

"Tyre and it's surroundings will get separate and special treatment...It will take a very hard pounding"

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   
timski your sig reminds me of a cedar tree and a peace sign combined, the cedar tree being the symbol of lebanon and all. heh. is this the intent or is that coincidental?

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by timski

I came across something interesting in The Guardian newspaper yesterday with reference to this...the article quotes an Israeli newspaper, The Yediot Aharonot Daily, saying:

"Tyre and it's surroundings will get separate and special treatment...It will take a very hard pounding"

Ah, thank you for that.

That piece of information is very,very,very interesting.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
timski your sig reminds me of a cedar tree and a peace sign combined, the cedar tree being the symbol of lebanon and all. heh. is this the intent or is that coincidental?

Your bang-on Rune.

Admittedly it's not my idea...I saw the graphic in a newspaper and thought it appropriate, to show my solidarity for the Lebanese civilians caught in the mayhem...download from here, add to your sig, and show your support for a peaceful resolution

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by runetang
Alexander the Great sacked it after a 7 months siege in the 300s BC. Only by creating a causeway of land to the island city to allow his siege machines to get to the city could he take it. Ever since its been connected to the mainland, it juts out from the coast a bit.

Just what I was thinking and I'd be inclined to go with this. In reference to "end times" it could also be appropriate for that period, Alexander's conquest of Persia must have turned the Ancient world on it's head. The Persian Empire was a massive instintution that had provided a gread deal of stability and wealth to it's constituent nations (including a long period of comparitive peace). To see this once mighty Empire collapse in the space of a few years must've seemed like the "end of the world" as well as the start of a period of fueding warlords and hardship.

It could also possibly refer to the initial conquest of Tyre by the Persians, their empire was made up of a multitude of different nationalities. But there was no destruction of the city, and even in a later rebellion the city was spared.

new topics

top topics

join