It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS--RA--EL-homin

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Sun-Matrix - your Obsessed Bias is showing! In the BIBLE - GOD

Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment

I have a suggestion Sun-Matrix - try being more resonable & open-minded!

It's impossible to become a Christian without being open minded.

posted on Jul, 30 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Considering your handling of the Nimrod issue, I don't think that you are to be taken too seriously in regards to the origins of any of those religions.

I told you eveything you need to know if you really want to know.

The origin point is Nimrod, Baal, Semiramis and Tammuz. You can track all of these false gods right there. The sun, the moon and the stars.

The word Satan comes from Saturn who of course is Nimrod.

I handed you the ball and pointed you to the goal. You can drop the ball or you can do a little research from this angle and you'll find I am telling you the truth.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Sun Matrix Keep up the Good Fight.

As for this indepth concept of spewing Satan's and Fallen names around under the various guises they have assumed in diverse Cultures, is quite funny.

Defining this enitity or that diety or this god/goddess as something, other than what they truly are, is quite humourous. This is a point I have tried to note repeatedly, but having people think outside of the presumptions instilled in them from birth, is quite difficult. It's that New Trick and the Old Dog problem.

People, Satan and the Fallen, have been at this Scam, from before the events that are outlined in Genesis Chapter 1, Verse 2.

So these claims that this, that or someother enitity has any uniqueness is mute point. It's the same cast of charaters, using the different alias's as this earth age progresses. They all have the same MO. Nothing original in the Thought process here. (That's their downfall)

And the good news is, THEY ARE STILL AT IT today. Confusing, Decieving, and getting things ready for their ultimate failure. The NWO, as we tend to describe it today.

Anyways, those who may find this difficult to get, well, you will recieve a FIRSTHAND knowledge in the coming years. Once your knee hit's the ground, maybe, just maybe, it will sink in. Then again, likely not.

We'll get you into re-education courses during the Millenium. There's still hope.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche

Isis...Ra...

El ( prefix to many ancient mediterranean gods)

Your correct with your notation on 'El'
here's a little about 'El':

source
Meta-Religion, Canaanite/Ugaritic

II. What Deities did they worship?

Asmentioned above, different cities had different concepts of not only which
gods were ranked where in the pantheon, but also which gods were included
and what some of their basic attributes were.
While El or Il, whose name means 'god';
is commonly described as the creator of the earth, the Arameans ranked Hadad before him... .......

A. Primary beneficent and non-hostile gods:

El - (also called Latipan, and possibly Dagon)

He is known as the Father of the gods, 'the father of mankind', the 'Bull',
and 'the creator of creatures'. He is grey haired and bearded and lives at
Mt. Lel. He is a heavy drinker and has gotten extremely drunk at his banquets.

[...]

seeing as 'El' isn't exclusively Hebrew, Israelite, Judah,
'El' &/or 'Il' was all over that 'Levant' region, and the Israelite conquorers
were really latecomers to incorporate 'El' into their written Torah or Law.

so, all three components you put forward...are more than the novel
"six-degrees of separation" from modern Jews in modern Israel, or
ancient 12 tribes of Israel, Isaac & et al....

~beware the snare of judao-christian linkages, as friendly- your still goyim if your not of the chosen people.~

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Nimrod a real person is killed is said to become Baal and Semiramis his mother-wife becomes pregnant by the sun(Baal) and has a son Tammuz.

Yeah and Mary with the cherry is schagged by a mysterious spook and has the golden child. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Everyone should keep it cool in this thread. None of us are scholars in the history of religions, or anything like that.

and you base this assumption on what again?

Right even you xians cant agree on who is right. you all believe that your individual
du Jure version of the truth is the only right version. And it has been that way since
peter and paul (preforming with out Mary) fell out with James and the Church @ Jerusalem.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by stalkingwolf]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Just for people who are actually interested in learning about Egyptian Gods, here is a few links:

Kemetic FAQ

Refutations of Common Kemetic Myths

The Difference Between Aset and Isis

Egyptian Gods

Kemetism

OH and the antiquity of the worship of the god or gods of Baal extends back to the 14th century BC, thus completely predating any notions of Christianity and the 'devil'

Baal, literal meaning is "lord," in the Canaanite pantheon was the local title of fertility gods. Baal never emerged as a rain god until later times when he assumed the special functions of each. Although there is no equivalent in Canaan of the sterile summer drought that occurs in Mesopotamia, the season cycle was marked enough to have caused a concentration on the disappearing fertility god, who took with him the autumn rain clouds into the neither world.

Baal was the son of El, or Dagon, an obscure deity linked by the Hebrews with the Philistine city of Ashdod. Dagon was perhaps associated with the sea, as a coin found in the vicinity portrays a god having a fish tail. Although Baal personally overcame Yam, it is uncertain whether or not he fought Lotan, the Leviathan of the Old Testament, but it is known that Anat "crushed the writhing serpent, the accused one of the seven heads." Another echo of the Mesopotamian thought patterns are nestled in these reasons advanced by Baal for needing a "house." His food offerings were too meager for a god "that rides on the clouds." As far apart as Carthage and Palmyra were temples dedicated to Baal-Hammon, "the lord of the altar of incense," whom the Greeks identified with Cronos. On Mount Carmel it was the prophet Elijah who discredited King Ahab's belief in the power of Baal, when at his request "the fire of the Lord fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice," and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench. Afterwards Elijah had the people slay "the prophets of Baal," thereby assuring the survival of the worship of Yahweh in Israel.

That's just a very, very brief piece of information on the God Baal. If you want to know more feel free to U2U me.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by picklewalsh]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf

Right even you xians cant agree on who is right. you all believe that your individual du Jure version of the truth is the only right version. And it has been that way since peter and paul (preforming with out Mary) fell out with James and the Church @ Jerusalem.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by stalkingwolf]

Ah, but Stalkingwolf. Is it the Word of Gord, that has caused this disagreement, between the "SECTS/CULTS" of Christianity, or is it the "SECTS/CULTS" and the terms applied in a Generalized form, called RELIGION that is at fault for these divisions.

Ultimately, this again, ties back to that piece of work, SATAN, and his influences which are even spoken about by Paul, in his hasty "Second Letter" to Thessalonians which makes clear, the "2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work". This Mystery of Iniquity is Satan, and his Spawn, and the Influenece of "These" within the Church at that time , where working on such devisions.

These are the "Same" Christ spoke about in John 8 44&45

44. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45. And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

It's the Same old scam, over and over and over again. Satan and his decendants, the Cainite. (Sons of Cain)

They are defined ever so clearly in Revelations 3:9 " Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie;

So until there is enough common sense instilled into individuals to Study the Word of God for themselves, is there any reason they, "Christians" should be looked down upon for being misled and confused by those with a DOCTRINE to sell?

Those Wolves that Spew a Doctrine Line apposed to the WORD OF GOD, and lead the Sheep astray, will be dealt with specifically and AS A WITTNESS, to what they have done.

Afterall, The Simplest Letter ever written, (God's to You), is not as difficult to follow as some would wish us to believe. Ask for Guidance and Understanding. It's not brain surgery.

But this is why, my Stalkingwolf, friend, there is SOOOO Many devisions in the RELIGIOUS CULTS that suggest they are Christian. The people are not taught the Truth. Only what is beneficial to the individual Sect.

Just wondering aloud!

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by picklewalsh
OH and the antiquity of the worship of the god or gods of Baal extends back to the 14th century BC, thus completely predating any notions of Christianity and the 'devil' [edit on 31-7-2006 by picklewalsh]

Hahahahahahha

No, stop being funny

Sorry Pickled, but that is now the most entertaining comments here.

Pal. Seriously

Genesis 1:1 dates to 4.6 Billion years ago, according to the Sciences.
Genesis 1:2 dates to sometime prior to the last Ice Age. (40-50000 years ago)

Genesis 1:3 dates to something akin to 26000 Years ago, or less, if you happen to believe a Day equals 24 Hours, apposed to an AGE, or period of time as an era.

And you offer all of this god/goddess info based on something Satan and the Fallen madeup, as insight. Thats Ironic isn't it.

Unfortunately, for your skewed view, The God of the Christians, Jews and Islam, along with the Angels, such as Gabriel, Michael and Raphael, have been here much longer than since 1400 BC. Try 4.6 Billion years or In the Begining

And this of course also addresses Satan and His Gang of Losers, you have just offered as Egyptian God's. Be it Greek, Egyptian, Roman, Baalbek-ian, Babylonian, Summerian, Indo Persian, Assyrian, Mayan, Peruvian, Norse, Keltic, it is still only Satan and his collegues playing their parts for the blind.

Satan, (as well as the Fallen) have been here since, or slightly just after, the "In the Begining" also. This predates the Earliest of the Pagan dieties or gods/goddesses, by some 4,599,985,000 Years. (4.6 Billion less 15000 years Approximately)

So please refrain from presuming some Lie you have believed has any relevance on Christains. It doesn't.

Ciao

Shane

[edit on 31-7-2006 by Shane]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hmmm nice work Shane, i best convert now before my soul is lost to Satan forever

First thing is i did not pass the above information off as absolute proof, im open minded. Are you?

You see the difference between my Gods and Goddesses is that the information comes from Hieroglyphs made at the time. Your using a book the was written, long after the supposed event. Hell its a good story, one of the best ones, but any person knows the modern bible has been butchered and changed so much over the years it has no relevance to the original. As far as I'm concerned the Bible holds as much credibility with me as Dan Browns book, that you are all so fond of.

Right show me proof of these claims, carbon dating? Or was it made up by some bloke who thought god was speaking to him? OH yeah you cant prove it, that's why its called faith.

And you offer all of this god/goddess info based on something Satan and the Fallen madeup, as insight. Thats Ironic isn't it.

Again prove that Satan made my Gods or Goddesses and i don't mean using reams of bible references. I want actual proof.

Unfortunately, for your skewed view, The God of the Christians, Jews and Islam, along with the Angels, such as Gabriel, Michael and Raphael, have been here much longer than since 1400 BC. Try 4.6 Billion years or In the Begining

Have you seen his proof of age card, or again are you just believing in a book without proper proof?

So please refrain from presuming some Lie you have believed has any relevance on Christains. It doesn't

Right well as you haven't given me proof of your claims, how do we know the person who made the bible was not lying. I didn't pass it off as being relevant to christians, there was a discussion about one of my Gods i just gave my view based on mainly Theology (exactly what your doing).

Does being so close minded ruin your life?

fun·da·men·tal·ism
n.

1) A usually religious movement or point of view characterized by a return to fundamental principles, by rigid adherence to those principles, and often by intolerance of other views and opposition to secularism.

2) often Fundamentalism An organized, militant Evangelical movement originating in the United States in the late 19th and early 20th century in opposition to Protestant Liberalism and secularism, insisting on the inerrancy of Scripture.
Adherence to the theology of this movement.
www.answers.com...

Sound familiar?

Bye Bye Shane

[edit on 31-7-2006 by picklewalsh]

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shane

So please refrain from presuming some Lie you have believed has any relevance on Christains. It doesn't.

Ciao

Shane

[edit on 31-7-2006 by Shane]

How about this.

How about you stop slamming other people's religons, especially when its obvious you know little about them, except what your religous dogma tells you?

Its clear you understand nothing about the pagan faiths of the middle east, nor are you interested in facts, history, ect. Which is your perrogative. But get some objectivity before attacking things you seem to not understand much.

For all you know, you could be the one believing the lie. After all, in your holy book, the bible, your god on several occasions commands genocide, slavery, rape, and murder.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Hmmm nice work Shane, i best convert now before my soul is lost to Satan forever

Well do not worry. I have you booked for re-education in the Millenium my friend

And after this, and when he (Satan) is released again, prior to Judgement, you will be able to make that choice knowing full well the costs.

First thing is i did not pass the above information off as absolute proof, im open minded. Are you?

Actually, as a Christian I am quite open minded, about many topics, unlike some, but that's another story. And no amount of information offered for consideration is a bad thing. I never did argue about any of those links. My Arguement was defined and specific to your remark. Not the whole post. You offered some imaginary comment which I replied to. Sorry for having a point of view.

Hell its a good story, one of the best ones, but any person knows the modern bible has been butchered and changed so much over the years it has no relevance to the original.

Well maybe a DOES HELL EVEN EXIST RIGHT NOW Topic would be informative, becasue according to Scripture, it does not. Not until the End of the Millenium, and this is a swift occurance. Not one that is prolonged over all eternity. Just an act that occurs and the matter is settled for all eternity, but I will acknowledge again, RELIGION is the problem here, Not the Bible. Doctrines of Man constrewed to fit his agenda, apposed to what God's Word says. The 1611 King James Bible, with it's errors, is still the purest English Translation there is, and we have the tool to verify this against the Original Text's with Strong's Exhaustive Concordance.

Originally posted by Shane

Right show me proof of these claims, carbon dating?

I do not think it was Carbon Dating, but someone just a month ago or so, Dated some Silicate of some sorts and have estimated the results reflected a dating of 4.6 Billions years. It does not conflict with the BIBLICAL Account, so I have no problem with this date. Again, admittedly, some Christians will, but they should read the Bible, apposed to listening to mans doctrines.

As for the Second We are the evidence. UPRIGHT man.

Again prove that Satan made my Gods or Goddesses and i don't mean using reams of bible references. I want actual proof.

Sorry, you misunderstood. Satan and the Fallen ARE your gods and goddesses. He did not make them, They ARE them. The proof is where are they Now?

Have you seen his proof of age card, or again are you just believing in a book without proper proof?

I think this was covered above

Right well as you haven't given me proof of your claims, how do we know the person who made the bible was not lying.

Well, your alive. He made you in the image of God and the Angels. And God doesn't lie. Look at his Promises to Peoples he has dealt with over time. The promises he made with those people, are still in effect today. If you take the time to study it, you can find them quite easily.

So, this should be proof that.

1: God's word is Eternal
2: God's word is Devinily Inspired, or Channeled (for Byrd
)
3: God's word is True

I didn't pass it off as being relevant to christians, there was a discussion about one of my Gods i just gave my view based on mainly Theology (exactly what your doing).

Is this what you noted????

quote: Originally posted by picklewalsh
OH and the antiquity of the worship of the god or gods of Baal extends back to the 14th century BC, thus completely predating any notions of Christianity and the 'devil' [edit on 31-7-2006 by picklewalsh]

This is what I was addressing. This dismissal of Christain beliefs with an unsupportive and presumptive statement which reflects no truth or accuracy.

Does being so close minded ruin your life?

fun·da·men·tal·ism
n.

1) A usually religious movement or point of view characterized by a return to fundamental principles, by rigid adherence to those principles, and often by intolerance of other views and opposition to secularism.

2) often Fundamentalism An organized, militant Evangelical movement originating in the United States in the late 19th and early 20th century in opposition to Protestant Liberalism and secularism, insisting on the inerrancy of Scripture.
Adherence to the theology of this movement.
www.answers.com...

Sound familiar?

Closed Minded? I do beg to differ, but call it as you wish. It means little to me.

As an example, I leave this offering you provided unaltered and provide absolute no arguement about what you have wished to note. There are many other Topics speaking about the influence of Satan in these areas as well, and I have no interest in promoting or elevating Doctrine or Theologies of man, and his master's.

My only interest is offering Scriptural Teachings, and leave it at that. I think my previous post, was also pointing that out, and that Satan's plans encompass all he rules. THIS EARTH is his kingdom and has been since the Fall in the Garden of Adam and Eve. Both He and the Fallen left their Habitation to live on earth and teach everything they have, to man. They also really like the Recreation of Man, both male and female, of this earth age, since it also inspried them to Take the daughter of man. They set themselves up as gods, and were punished accordingly for doing so.

You see my friend, I know where your gods are today. I know why you have not seen them in "Action" since the scribes chiseled the Glyphs. And I know why they are where they are at today.

So was that any good Pickle? No Scripture, as requested.

And as for you, you Evil Elf

Originally poststed by Skadi
For all you know, you could be the one believing the lie. After all, in your holy book, the bible, your god on several occasions commands genocide, slavery, rape, and murder.

Since this is your case, make it and let's discuss it. I have nothing to fear from what you are attempting to imply. Document these example and let's do it.

I am always game.

It maybe nice to clear these accusations up. u2u me if you wish to open a topic just for this. I'll play.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Wow, I didn't expect so much of a fight.
Anyways remember when the Israelites began to worship the golden calf, Gold Bull, Molech, see the progression?
What does everybody worship nowadays in the financial world.
A BULL MARKET is what makes everyone their gold. Your investments, retirement portfolios, 401k's, pensions, etc are all invested in the stockmarket.
This could be considered worshipping the Golden Calf.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Very well, Shane. Lets rumble.

Genocide:

Joshua 6:21 And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.

6:22 But Joshua had said unto the two men that had spied out the country, Go into the harlot's house, and bring out thence the woman, and all that she hath, as ye sware unto her.
6:23 And the young men that were spies went in, and brought out Rahab, and her father, and her mother, and her brethren, and all that she had; and they brought out all her kindred, and left them without the camp of Israel.
6:24 And they burnt the city with fire, and all that was therein: only the silver, and the gold, and the vessels of brass and of iron, they put into the treasury of the house of the LORD.

So basically, they murdered, plundered, killed everyone in Jerico, even old people and kids, and stole everything for god. So basically, the Hebrew god applauds murder and genocide, and stealing stuff to fill his temple coffers.

8:24 And it came to pass, when Israel had made an end of slaying all the inhabitants of Ai in the field, in the wilderness wherein they chased them, and when they were all fallen on the edge of the sword, until they were consumed, that all the Israelites returned unto Ai, and smote it with the edge of the sword.
8:25 And so it was, that all that fell that day, both of men and women, were twelve thousand, even all the men of Ai.
8:26 For Joshua drew not his hand back, wherewith he stretched out the spear, until he had utterly destroyed all the inhabitants of Ai.

Here again, we have Gods "chosen people" butchering every last person of the city of Ai because god did not like them. Basically, again, we have god supporting violence against people who are not his chosen. Genocide.

Basically, the whole book of Joshua reads like a tale from the archives of the Nazis. Too many tales of absolute genocide, or god giving the go ahead for Israel to enslave their enemies. Even in many cases, animals are butchered as well.

This is my installment on genocide and cruelty sanctioned by god in the bible.

More to come.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Also please prove that "Baal" = "Satan"

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
This is common knowledge, just check the net. Lucifer = Day star

Common?

As in:

1. Of no special quality; standard.
  2. Of mediocre or inferior quality; second-rate.
  3. Unrefined or coarse in manner; vulgar.

If so, I'd have to agree!

------------------------------------------------

According to Brown-Driver-Briggs OT Lexicon:

Baal = “lord”

According to Strong's Concordance:

Baal: A primitive root; to be master; hence (as denominative from H1167) to marry: have dominion (over), be husband, married.

According to Dictionary.com:

Lucifer:

1. The planet Venus in its appearance as the morning star.
  2. lighter consisting of a thin piece of wood or cardboard tipped with combustible chemical; ignites with friction;

According to Reference.com:

Lucifer (loo͞′ sĭfər) [Lat.,=light-bearing], in Christian tradition a name for Satan. In the Vulgate, Lucifer served as a translation of the Hebrew epithet meaning Day Star, a name associated with the presumptuous King of Babylon in the Book of Isaiah. Some early Christian writers found a parallel in the Gospel of St. Luke, where Jesus refers to Satan falling like lightning from heaven. On this basis they identified Isaiah's Day Star with Satan and concluded that there was scriptural authority for designating him light-bearer. In antiquity Lucifer was also the name given Venus as the morning star.

And yet, according to the KJV bible:

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

~2 Peter 1:16-21

In the Greek, the word translated as 'day star' is, according to Strong's Concordance:

phosphoros, meaning, specifically: light bearing (“phosphorus”), that is, (specifically) the morning star (figuratively): - day star.

Sun Matrix, since you're such an expert on such things, care to explain this to the rest of us?

Lucifer=Satan=Christ=God?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Very well, Shane. Lets rumble.

Genocide:
Joshua 6:21-24
So basically, they murdered, plundered, killed everyone in Jerico, even old people and kids, and stole everything for god. So basically, the Hebrew god applauds murder and genocide, and stealing stuff to fill his temple coffers.
Joshua 8:24-26
Here again, we have Gods "chosen people" butchering every last person of the city of Ai because god did not like them. Basically, again, we have god supporting violence against people who are not his chosen. Genocide.

Basically, the whole book of Joshua reads like a tale from the archives of the Nazis. Too many tales of absolute genocide, or god giving the go ahead for Israel to enslave their enemies. Even in many cases, animals are butchered as well.

This is my installment on genocide and cruelty sanctioned by god in the bible.

More to come.

Joshua and the Battle of Jericho is a good example I guess.

There is nothing much of a surprise, since this is the Amorites, that are being dealt with.

Amorites
bible.tmtm.com...
The Amorites were warlike mountaineers. They are represented on the Egyptian monuments with fair skins, light hair, blue eyes, aquiline noses, and pointed beards. They are supposed to have been men of great stature; their king, Og, is described by Moses as the last "of the remnant of the giants". Both Sihon and Og were independent kings. Only one word of the Amorite language survives, "Shenir," the name they gave to Mount Hermon.

And here's a fair depiction of events that led to the occurance you are questioning.

III. AMORRHITES AND ISRAEL
bible.tmtm.com...

Though a very ancient race, the Amorrhites have left but a slight mark on history in pre-biblical times. They were not the original inhabitants of Palestine, though the time and circumstances of their advent are unknown. They first appear in the Bible as inhabitants of southern Palestine, where they are defeated by Chodorlahomor and his allies (Gen., xiv, 7).

The Israelites find them in the same region when they attempt, contrary to the divine command, to enter Palestine from the south and are repulsed (Num., xiii and xiv).

Interesting, that when Israel sought to enter the promised land, they where repelled by these mighty Warrior people. This was simply due to Israel's choice to attempt to do things against what God has instructed.

Anyways, it goes on

About this period certain tribes of Amorrhites gain possession of the land east of the Jordan; so there the Israelites next come in contact with the Amorrhites and ask permission of Sehon, their king, to pass through his dominions, promising to do no damage and to pay for whatever they take on the way. The request being refused, war follows. Sehon is defeated and slain, and the Israelites take possession of his territory from the Arnon to the Jeboc. Crossing the Jeboc, they inflict the same fate upon Og, King of Basan, and his territory (Num., xxi; Deut., ii and iii). These lands, which were awarded to the tribes of Ruben and Gad and the half-tribe of Manasses, extended from the Arnon as far north as Mount Hermon (Deut., iv, 46-49). When Josue had crossed the Jordan and with divine aid had gained several signal victories, fear fell upon the neighbouring Amorrhites. The inhabitants of Gabaon (Gibeon), an Amorrhite city, yielded to Josue, which enraged their brethren. They were accordingly attacked and besieged by a confederation of Amorrhite kings (the five kings of Jerusalem, Hebron, Jerimoth, Lachis, and Eglon), and sent to Josue for aid. Josue, coming to their rescue, put the Amorrhites to flight, cut them off in great numbers, captured and slaughtered the five Amorrhite kings and hung their bodies upon trees till the evening (Jos., x). It was on this occasion that Josue commanded the sea and moon to stand still (for various opinions on this passage, see JOSUE). This victory secured to Israel the tenure of Palestine. The Amorrhites were not driven out of Palestine nor exterminated. Many of them intermarried with the Hebrews and contaminated them by their idolatries and vices (Judges, iii; I Esd., ix). In the time of Solomon, and even of Esdras and Nehemias, they are still distinguished from their conquerors, but are finally merged into the general population of Palestine.

So, unlike the picture you paint, the history seems to claim otherwise, and that despite being POLITE and SEEKING PERMISSION TO SIMPLY WALK THROUGH and PAY FOR WHAT THEY TAKE, they (the Israelites) are confronted with WAR.

When speaking to the matter of Jericho, in specific, the following is a good account of the situation. They are Amorites none the less, and at WAR with Israel.

Jericho
bible.tmtm.com...
This city was taken in a very remarkable manner by the Israelites (Josh. 6). God gave it into their hands. The city was "accursed" (Heb. herem, "devoted" to Jehovah), and accordingly (Josh. 6:17; comp. Lev. 27:28, 29; Deut. 13:16) all the inhabitants and all the spoil of the city were to be destroyed, "only the silver, and the gold, and the vessels of brass and of iron" were reserved and "put into the treasury of the house of Jehovah" (Josh. 6:24; comp. Num. 31:22, 23, 50-54). Only Rahab "and her father's household, and all that she had," were preserved from destruction, according to the promise of the spies (Josh. 2:14).

The city was accursed, and given as a Wittness to God, to Israel. As for the presumption of Genocide, it is clear, the simplest of things could have altered the fate that befell these worshipper of Moleck amongst others such as Baal and Kronos.

www.prisonplanet.com...
One of the ancient and now well researched Canaanite deities that was and still is worshipped by the 'Brotherhood' is often symbolised as an owl and is referred to as Molech (sometimes Moloch).

Molech/Moloch references from the 'The English Dictionary' (www.yourdictionary.com...)

1, In the Bible, the god of the Canaanites and Phoenicians to whom children were sacrificed.

2, Something possessing the power to exact severe sacrifice.

REFERENCES IN LITERATURE: -

Molech/Moloch references from the Christian Bible

Leviticus

20:1 The Lord spoke to Moses: 20:2 “You are to say to the Israelites, ‘Any man from the Israelites or from the foreigners who reside in Israel who gives any of his children to Molech must be put to death; the people of the land must pelt him with stones. 20:3 I myself will set my face against that man and cut him off from the midst of his people, because he has given some of his children to Molech and thereby defiled my sanctuary and profaned my holy name. 20:4 If, however, the people of the land shut their eyes to that man when he gives some of his children to Molech so that they do not put him to death, 20:5 I myself will set my face against that man and his clan. I will cut off from the midst of their people both him and all who follow after him in prostitution, to commit prostitution by going after Molech.

Kings

23:10 The king ruined Topheth in the Valley of Ben Hinnom so that no one could pass his son or his daughter through the fire to Molech

32:35 And they built the high places of Baal, which [are] in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through [the fire] unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

You sow what you reap my friend, and the Amorites did get exactly that. It was for these reasons, things like this befell them. Sad thing is, their still around.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Sun Matrix, since you're such an expert on such things, care to explain this to the rest of us?

Sure, no problem. Your god is Ahura Mazda, who you are ashamed of. His real name is false god Baal who is Satan the deceiver who is Lucifer who appears as an angel of light.

Now run back to your master and tell him he is a defeated foe. Tell him it is written that the blood of lamb has overcome him.

For I have not fallen for cunningly devised fables that blind those without knowledge.

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Sure, no problem. Your god is Ahura Mazda, who you are ashamed of. His real name is false god Baal who is Satan the deceiver who is Lucifer who appears as an angel of light.

Don't be an idiot. For once, at least.

Please answer my question directly instead of making your ludicrous and foolish statements about me, whom you don't know enough about to be constantly insulting.

You always say I won't answer a question directly and that I twist the truth. But it is obvious to me that such statements are diversionary tactics. And the only one who is diverted is yourself.

Now run back to your master and tell him he is a defeated foe. Tell him it is written that the blood of lamb has overcome him.

Grow up, for God's sake. Please.

For I have not fallen for cunningly devised fables that blind those without knowledge.

It seems you have. The facts I posted are in direct contradiction to what you said.

Please explain this:

Lucifer=Satan=Christ=God?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I think I was exactly direct on who your god is and your shame for him.

Why are you afraid to mention his name. Why do you hide behind the words God, Christ and Master always steering the lost from the truth

Have enought guts to tell us which god you are serving (Ahura Mazda.......Baal) Who is the christ that you are always referring to (cosmic christ) and who is your master.

And let him chew on this Jesus is Lord and his knee will bow. His time is short.

Here you go

Ahura Mazda= Baal= Satan =Lucifer= antichrist= defeated

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Sun Matrix, i gave up on this thread after your blatant ignorance, close mindedness and intolerance to people of other faiths. The posts you have left here have just dumb founded me at the complete unwillingness to even humour other peoples beliefs. IMO opinion i believe ATS is the wrong place for you. I think you will be more suited to a place like THIS.

There is two great quotes in moderator intrepids signature, these state;

Never attempt to teach a person that refuses to learn.

And,

The first beliefs you should challenge are your own.

Kind of fitting don't you think?

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Sun Matrix, i gave up on this thread after your blatant ignorance, close mindedness and intolerance to people of other faiths.

It seems you lack knowledge of what the word ignorance means. And I have no problem whatsoever with people of other faiths whatsoever. I do have a problem with someone taking a verse of scripture and twisting the meaning into a lie. I do have a problem with a wolf in sheeps clothing whose only mission is lead others astray. If someone uses the word God, I think it's only right to say which god. If someone uses the word Chist and they are not talking about Jesus the Christ then it is only right that they name their Christ. And who called who out?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join