It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Jones' MUST READ new article.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
What's really sad is this train of logic:

Purported giant hole in the back side of WTC7 ---> Therefore all aspects of WTC7's collapse are justified.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TxSecret

Oh.. but he's STILL a physics professor at Brigham Young University... Oh darn.. don't you just HATE that?

Why is a university proffessor like Genital Herpes?

You can't get rid of either.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Too much information, Howard...

But I'll take your word for it. Must be that itching that's causing you those spelling errors, too.

Btw, you used to do Hazmat, right? Should I ask? lol

[edit on 23-7-2006 by bsbray11]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Too much information, Howard...

But I'll take your word for it. Must be that itching that's causing you those spelling errors, too.

Btw, you used to do Hazmat, right? Should I ask? lol

Dude, your girlfriend told me that joke.

She said she got it from you.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Dude, your girlfriend told me that joke.

She said she got it from you.

Must have been after that night me and you were together then, Howie. :-*

A memorable night that was.

But that's private and we're off topic anyway. Sorry for that, guys.
lmao

To get back on topic, did you ever look over those PDFs, Howard, honey?

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
*love is in the air (How+Bsb)..everywhere you look around*

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/23/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
A reminder

The topic of this discussion is "Dr. Jones' MUST READ new article."

Please focus your responses on Dr. Jones' article.

Also, the One-Line quips and baiting comments Must stop.

Any further incidence of these types of behavior will be Warned accordingly.

Thank you.

[edit on 7/23/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by blatantblue
*love is in the air (How+Bsb)..everywhere you look around*

Aww, 12m8keall2c, I figured a mod would ruin the fun but I don't think either of us actually took offense.

I would think Howard should feel pretty special to have Prof. Jones specifically respond to a thread of his, though, so I'm wondering if he's actually looked where Jones has directed him, and has any further commentary besides his single comment on styrene.

I noticed the (insert long chemical name here with 1,3 before it) didn't seem to be a very critical part of the response, but just a mention as a *possible* source for corroborating evidence, as in, in addition to the other material.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
Aww, 12m8keall2c, I figured a mod would ruin the fun but I don't think either of us actually took offense.

It wasn't specifically directed at any one, or three.

There are several members who, throughout this thread, have continually posted one-liners that contribute nothing. Also, I've noticed a few others whose sole intent seems to be derailing the discussion.

The purpose of my note was simply to give a heads-up that the one-liners and baiting, off-topic responses Must stop. That's all.

...now back to the discussion, "Dr. Jones' MUST READ new article. "

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well, I am impressed...

I saw a Rand document just after 9-11 (written a year before) that was pretty much a repeat of the PNAC statement...

All talking about the new threat was terrorists, and that America was sure to be attacked soon... New extreme measures must be taken to enable the battle to be "won"...

Then after i pointed it out to some folks, it dissapeared into the hidden archives.... oh well...

I think we all see the trend that they were speaking of.
Eisenhower did too...

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
TxSecret

About the bridge:
[link] www.cbsnews.com...

Details of scene:
[link] www.urbanplanet.org... ridgeport%27s+deputy+fire+chief.&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1

Please note that the bridge is not related to 9-11, other than to give credence to what happens to structural steel in relation to high hest.

It pretty much refutes what Jones thinks on the issue.

"Another one (Jones comment) bites the dust"

[edit on 23-7-2006 by zappafan1]

[edit on 23-7-2006 by zappafan1]

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Thermate-TH3 is a mixture of thermite and pyrotechnic additives which have been found to be superior to standard thermite for incendiary purposes. Its composition by weight is generally thermite 68.7%, barium nitrate 29.0%, sulphur 2.0% and binder 0.3%

Hmmmmmm ..... no 1,3 diphenylpropane, and it would not be a byproduct of the use of Thermate/Thermite.

Challenges of igniting thermite

Conventional thermite reactions require very high temperatures for initiation. These cannot be reached with conventional black-powder fuses, nitrocellulose rods, detonators, or other common igniting substances. Even when the thermite is hot enough to glow bright red, it will not ignite as it must be at or near white-hot to initiate the reaction. It is possible to start the reaction using a propane torch if done right, but this should never be attempted for safety reasons.

Often, strips of magnesium metal are used as fuses. Magnesium burns at approximately the temperature at which thermite reacts, around 2500 Kelvin (4000 °F). This method is notoriously unreliable: magnesium itself is hard to ignite, and in windy or wet conditions the strip may be extinguished. Also, magnesium strips do not contain their own oxygen source so ignition cannot occur through a small hole. A significant danger of magnesium ignition is the fact that the metal is an excellent conductor of heat; heating one end of the ribbon may cause the other end to transfer enough heat to the thermite to cause premature ignition. Despite these issues, magnesium ignition remains popular amongst amateur thermite users.

The reaction between potassium permanganate and glycerine is used as an alternative to the magnesium method. When these two substances mix, a spontaneous reaction will begin, slowly increasing the temperature of the mixture until flames are produced. The heat released by the oxidation of glycerine is sufficient to initiate a thermite reaction. However, this method can also be unreliable and the delay between mixing and ignition can vary greatly due to factors such as particle size and ambient temperature.

posted on Jul, 23 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
A picture referenced and described by Jones supposedly showing smoke trails from Thermite/Thermate on the ends of a WTC spire which, upon even casual examination, is the same color and "size" of other dust in the area.
[link] www.abovetopsecret.com...
Please note the distortion from the cropping of the picture, and also that the contrast has been cranked up for the image.

Here's a link to the original picture (big difference):

[link] img512.imageshack.us...

So, so sad........

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
Localized damage to WTC 7?

According to members of the NYFD, there was a 20 story chunk taken out of WTC 7 when one of the towers collapsed. If thats localized, I would hate to know your definition of widespread.

If they would release the photos we would know if this were TRUE or FALSE.

Find me a photo of this damage.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Regardring 1,3 diphenylpropane...

IT IS NOT a by-product of Thermate... READ THE PAPER before you respond... Sol-Gel.

There were no thousands of burning computers when the dust fema collected was created. The fires were localized to a few floors (some burning computers) --> collapse --> Dust. THERE WERE NO THOUSANDS OF BURNING COMPUTERS. This assertion is LUDICRIOUS. But clinbg to it all you want.

[edit on 24-7-2006 by Slap Nuts]

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slap Nuts

Find me a photo of the explosives.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vushta

Find me a photo of the explosives.

The damage is CLAIMED AS FACT. FIND EVIDENCE FOR YOUR FACT. there should be photos of this GAPING hole in WTC 7.

Nice try to deflect.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Regardring 1,3 diphenylpropane...

IT IS NOT a by-product of Thermate... READ THE PAPER before you respond... Sol-Gel.

There were no thousands of burning computers when the dust fema collected was created. The fires were localized to a few floors (some burning computers) --> collapse --> Dust. THERE WERE NO THOUSANDS OF BURNING COMPUTERS. This assertion is LUDICRIOUS. But clinbg to it all you want.

It is also the product of burning plastic and is a component of styrene.

Cling to your sol gel theory all YOU want, it is still bunk.

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   

It is also the product of burning plastic and is a component of styrene.

Cling to your sol gel theory all YOU want, it is still bunk.

Why does FEMA claim to not have found it (especially in such vast quantitiy and even distribution) before?

Where is the giant source of styrene on the 10-13 floors (combined) that were burning pre collapse? (Let me guess, the coffee cups in the break rooms?)

posted on Jul, 24 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Styrene is a common byproduct present in office workstations, carpeting, etc. especially when they are burned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join