It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead mate keeps appearing in dreams

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I know these are probably just dreams but anyway... my mate died about 5 year ago now and ive always had the odd dream with him in like once a month or something but these last few weeks its been nearly every night. Basically it always seems to involve drinking beer with him which is what we did a lot of when he was alive like. Im wondering whether to ask him something if I have another and manage to turn lucid but im not sure whether to or not or if I did im not sure what I could ask him.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Ok second attempt at writing this for some reason it went 'back'.

Sounds like the dreams I have of my father when he died. It would happen very frequently after the time of his death but it gradually reduced after the years. I believe it's part of the grieving process, perhaps you didn't grieve his death fully and it's 'bubbling' to the surface?

My deepest condolences my friend.

Btw I still dream about my father but not as often. God bless his soul.

Take care and peace,
- Naz

[edit on 21-7-2006 by nazgarn]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clarky
I know these are probably just dreams but anyway... my mate died about 5 year ago now and ive always had the odd dream with him in like once a month or something but these last few weeks its been nearly every night. Basically it always seems to involve drinking beer with him which is what we did a lot of when he was alive like. Im wondering whether to ask him something if I have another and manage to turn lucid but im not sure whether to or not or if I did im not sure what I could ask him.

Hi Clarky/

You could maybe say a prayer for him or you could visit his grave site and sit in silence there....do a good deed for someone that only you know and dedicate it to your friend.
Give to charity .......on behalf of your friend.
Just a few of my thoughts on this matter.

Take care
helen

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Yes, it very well could be part of the grieving process...

But maybe he's trying to give you a message or something. Like you said, see if you can't gain a little bit of lucidity within the dream and find out he's trying to tell you something or just saying hello.

A lot of people think that people who have passed on are able to contact us through our dreams.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clarky
I know these are probably just dreams but anyway...

All dreams have meaning of some kind, its never just a dream!

[my mate died about 5 year ago

I am very sorry for your loss, I hope it has gotten easier as time goes on!

now and ive always had the odd dream with him in like once a month or something but these last few weeks its been nearly every night.

Have you been stressed lately? Something big happening in your life that would cause a reoccuring dream? Usually reacurring dreams are because your mind is working on trying to solve a major issue. howevere.....

Basically it always seems to involve drinking beer with him which is what we did a lot of when he was alive like.

Reliving the good times, if this is actually an ADC (after death contact) it sounds like he is trying to comfort you.

Im wondering whether to ask him something if I have another and manage to turn lucid but im not sure whether to or not or if I did im not sure what I could ask him.

YES, you should ask him questions! Ask him why he is returning to you in your dreams, perhaps he is trying to console you or give you closure that you never got. Ask why he is there and how he is doing. Form questions in your mind before you go to bed and state out loud what it is you want to know from him, that way when you do go to sleep, even if you cannot ask the questions, because you said them outloud before you went to sleep, he will know what you want to know. Also ask for some proof that he was there. Spirit contacts will always supply you with some sort of proof. They will show you or give you some sort of advanced knowlage about something to let you know they were really there and to wipe out doubt. Sometimes though it will take a while for what they tell you or show you to come into being. When my bets friend died, it took 5 years before I had a visit from her, in a dream, where she showed me my next born son as proof of her being there.

You may very well be having an ADC, if so, you have a chance to get closure, and also a chance to get some very cool information about a lot of things, take advantage of this chance to learn a little more about life and death from a first hand account. Keep a dream journal about your contact with him, keep pen and paper next to your bed, after every dream, no matter how insignificate, write it down. Everyone should do this anyways, but you have a chance here that many people do not get.

I wish you the best in your journey, and hope you learn a lot from this experience. It does sound like an ADC to me, take advantage of it while you can and learn whatever it is he is willing to share with you. It sounds like you two were very connected, that does not end after death.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I had that with my grandfather and my cousin in 2001 and 2002. They each visited me adays or weeks after they died. It actually felt as if they were alive and well, and in my dreams. So I just think that they were there and telling me they were alive, but in a different form.

The one with my cousin is interesting.. We were in a bus or tram together with her son. I'm the godfather of her son, and she was sitting opposite to us, I was holding her son. It was as if the other side where she was sitting was the afterlife, and that we were still on earth. I think she meant it in a way that she was putting her son in my care, and saying goodbye.

new topics

top topics

join