It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WATS votes , what they are and what to do with them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 04:53 AM
link   
WATS votes , what they are and what to do with them

Reading a thread by RAGSTER it has struck . “ do members actually know what WATS votes are actually for ? “

I could not find anything in the board FAQs etc that really answered the question , so with the caveat that this is just one monkies opinion on the issue , here goes .

WATS votes are MEMBER APPLAUSE , Each WATS vote earns the recipient 25 ATS points . they are not just for the monthly shield – although this is very important .

Only one member can get the monthly shield , but we have 4000+ active members , that’s over 12000 WATS votes up for grabs , how many are actually cast ?

They are there , and free , so use them – if even to give faint praise to a member who is not likely to win the shield .

At first , I admit I dint understand the WATS system either , I usually only voted once / month for the member I determined deserved the Way above medal

I was usually wasting two votes . It was not until other members signaled that they had given me a WATS vote , often not for a thread I had started – but for a single post that they found particularly informative , or agreed with so strongly they were moved to cast one of their precious votes .

I am repeating my self here – but it cannot be over stated “WATS votes are not just the monthly shield “ , but an important and tangible way for ordinary members to “ applaud “ in some small way even a single post that moves them .

I have some further ideas on this – but time is pressing , so they will have to wait till this evening .

APE OUT

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

original quote by: ignorant_ape
At first , I admit I dint understand the WATS system either , I usually only voted once / month for the member I determined deserved the Way above medal

I am right with you, On this. But my problem is that, being that there is only two votes per monjth to give.. I would often times not use either of them. I was being too picky on who to vote for.

question for staff
Maybe we could have either three or five votes for WATS per month? just a suggestion. I know you guys dont want to have the WATS abused, but adding one to three votes per member per month isnt a big deal, is it?

*EDIT: clarification

[edit on 21-7-2006 by TONE23]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
Reading a thread by RAGSTER it has struck . “ do members actually know what WATS votes are actually for ? “

I could not find anything in the board FAQs etc that really answered the question , so with the caveat that this is just one monkies opinion on the issue , here goes .

ABOUT ATS: Voting for the Way Above Top Secret award from the Board Information forum.

When I first became a member I used a vote on the first day just to see what it was. The member who I tested it on was banned that same week.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
When I first became a member I used a vote on the first day just to see what it was. The member who I tested it on was banned that same week.

Well lets hope umbrax never votes for one of us then
j/k

I hardly ever use my votes either but personally its not about using up all your votes, its about giving a member a vote for making a great well researched post or a great reply. Some who is deemed way above in the voters eyes.

new topics

top topics

join