It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When are we going to take action?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The voting mechanics in this country together with the 'two-party system' (as if) have clearly derailed the voting process and its importance. Nonetheless, although not the complete answer it does provide a framework. Where it may not be able to create change all by itself it can send a message to the powers that be. For the first time in history we have the capability of communicating with just about everyone in the country at virtually NO cost: The Internet.

We the people have the capability (if not the will) to hijack any election. With a sufficiently passionate internet campaign we could elect a write-in candidate of OUR chosing (not to minimize the difficulty in arriving at a concensus as to who that individual should be). We have two years to put it in place. Well?

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
i just had to say great post. I agree in resounding exuberance. I too watched my parents do exactly what they were supposed to work and strive for a good retirement. And just as you said it was striped away from them when an illness entered their lives. Even with 4 insurance coverages it still took the 500thousand my parents had to retire on. It sicken me what the government does to the true ageing patriots. Great point well stated.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
The voting mechanics in this country together with the 'two-party system' (as if) have clearly derailed the voting process and its importance. Nonetheless, although not the complete answer it does provide a framework. Where it may not be able to create change all by itself it can send a message to the powers that be. For the first time in history we have the capability of communicating with just about everyone in the country at virtually NO cost: The Internet.

We the people have the capability (if not the will) to hijack any election. With a sufficiently passionate internet campaign we could elect a write-in candidate of OUR chosing (not to minimize the difficulty in arriving at a concensus as to who that individual should be). We have two years to put it in place. Well?

You hit the nail on the head as far as the internet and elections go. The internet is without question the most useful tool available to anyone wanting to be heard and even more useful for a group of people. And write-ins are a great way to make political change. I live in Michigan with a barely lifeless economy and people losing jobs daily. When someone asks who is better to vote for (Gov. Granholm or Dick Devos) I explain to them why each is a poor choice and that if they really want to make a stand they can write me in on the ballot. I have told them by no means do I expect to win, but if the message can spread and I can finish third, it will give me a legitimate platform to run for Congress in two years as an Independent. Everyone I have spoke to has said they love the idea and will do just that come election day (whether they do or not, we'll see). It is this type of creativity that we must all employ if we can ever expect a change in the status quo.

[edit on 9-8-2006 by BennyHill]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

You hit the nail on the head as far as the internet and elections go.

This is true. The internet needs to be used as a tool more. I saw on the news today that a senator from Connecticut (I think) lost the primary to another candidate...and the outgoing senator has had the seat for 18 years I think it was? And they mainly blamed his defeat on the internet being bombarded with blogs for the winner of the primary....and of course, blogs with negative info on the loser...

All I know is...as a country, we need to get rid of the FED!! Can that be done? I don't know....

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
In my area we are promoting buying local and trading amoung each other in our city (about 500,000). This is being promoted by the sustainable movement. This September we are introducing our own script (money).

This is like starting our own bourse like Iran is doing for trading oil. This is essentially boycotting the Fed's money. Now we are not trying to save the world, we are just trying to make it possible for the people locally that no longer want to be the butt end of the system a way out.

Our goal is to have 90% of a persons needs met by using an alternative script. By doing this we have taken our first step in escaping and being really free.

Imagine this. We have our script in place, and then a financial/depression hits. We will be able to continue to function because we have our own script.

The money of the future is going to be backed by food.

Think about it!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think all these ideas are great. What I'm suggesting, however, is that we attempt, over the next two years, to create an internet-based movement to put into office a group of non-partisan, educated professionals to begin the re-tooling of our government into one that serves the population. We need to go retro. We need to get things back to the original concept. The political baggage of professional politicians is preventing this. We need new blood, new direction. And this can only be done outside of the mainstream. The internet could make it happen.

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
That's definitely a good idea. All I know, is that whatever we're going to do stop these guys, we've got to do it SOON. I'm tired of the illuminati, and all of their bullsh*t. We need a government, that doesn't lie to us, and actually cares about us. The US Government used to be like that, but over time, it's just become corrupt. And to believe those men wrote the constitution, just so that the government could ignore it years later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join