It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British anger at terror celebration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   

The commemoration of Israeli bombings that killing 92 people has caused offence

AS ISRAEL wages war against Hezbollah “terrorists” in Lebanon, Britain has protested about the celebration by right-wing Israelis of a Jewish “act of terrorism” against British rule 60 years ago this week.

The rightwingers, including Binyamin Netanyahu, the former Prime Minister, are commemorating the bombing of the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, the headquarters of British rule, that killed 92 people and helped to drive the British from Palestine

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Ironic isn't it, a state born on the back of terrorist acts now being assailed on all sides by terrorists or so they claim.

poetic justice maybe?

or just the good old sentiment of : serves them right

Isreal has stuck its fingers up at the world for too long and treated the plestinians like non-humans for too long (hmm nazi like anyone?) and now they are reaping the rewards of what they they have sown.

Personally I say let them deal with it, if they can without any help from the western world, in fact if the UN/US/UK or anyone wants to help someone they should be helping hamas or hezbollah. The jew have no claim on the land there and are forcing those who have lived in that area for generations off it by military power provided by us. its time we corrected that mistake.

To make this more on topic, I think the plaque should be removed as should any favourable referances to them in isreali speeches, state functions. they were terrosit plain and simple. theres no such thing as a freedom fighter

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
Isreal has stuck its fingers up at the world for too long and treated the plestinians like non-humans for too long (hmm nazi like anyone?) and now they are reaping the rewards of what they they have sown.

Totally agree with you, the way Palestinians have been treated by the Israelis has been dreadful, and they wonder why they are waging war against them?

And Israel celebrating a terrorist atrocity. Totally disgusting. I have lost a lot of respect for them, if Israel ever need British help, it should not be given - what sort of "civilised" nation celebrates an act of terror?

And again I agree with Harlequin, let them deal with Hezbollah alone, but it probably will not happen, I can see the US getting involved, they normally get in with everything else, hopefully the UK will not follow suit.

[edit on 21-7-2006 by Conspirator_101]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hypocritical. Israel constantly moans about terrorism and drags everyone else into its problems. Yet they celebrate an act of terror.

I wonder what the Israelis would do if say Hamas commemorated Krystalnacht? I think I know what their reaction would be.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
What do you expect? Israel was a nation founded by terrorists, some former Israel Prime Ministers praise the bombing, heck, no one has ever phoned the British and said "you know, we are kinda sorry for that..."

I thought it was funny, when i read in the paper that Binyamin Netanyahu stated they were "freedom fighters" and the PLO were "terrorists"

Many Jews are against Israel and Zionism because , apparently, Israel goes against God;

According to Teitelbaum, God and the Jewish people exchanged three oaths at the time of the Jews' exile from ancient Israel:

* That the Jewish people would not rebel against the non-Jews that ruled over them;
* That the Jewish people would not return to Israel (although individual Jews could do so);
* That the non-Jewish world would not persecute the Jews excessively.

en.wikipedia.org...-Zionism

And, Israelis should be greatful, because it was us who said they the Jewish state should be created in Palestine..

The Balfour Declaration of 1917 asserted that the British Government "viewed with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people"..."it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine". This declaration was supported by a number of other countries, including the United States, and became more important following World War I, when the League of Nations assigned the United Kingdom the Palestine mandate.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 22-7-2006 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Just where would you have the Israelis go ? Would you have them sit idly by while a government sponsored terrorist organisation lobs missiles at random at their cities and sneaks into Israel to kidnap their soldiers. Would you have them ignore the elected leader of a neighbor state who has committed to exterminate all Jews and quote "wipe the nation of Israel off the map".

If the Palestinians threw all their weapons into the sea tomorrow, there would be peace in the region.

If the Israelis threw all their weapons into the sea, there would be a bloodbath.

It's that simple.

The Israelis have a right to exist, and they have a right to defend themselves. Until everyone understands and accepts that, there will be no peace.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Menachem Begin - later Prime Minister of Israel - was responsible for the King David hotel bombing.

In 1946, under his leadership, the Irgun blew up a wing of the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, where the British were headquartered.

Some 90 people- Jews and Arabs, as well as British- were killed, despite warnings that there would be a bombing.

www.ou.org...

Such is life sometimes, and such are the schemes and machinations by which states and statesmen are born sometimes.

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter etc etc.

It's no different than now seeing Gerry Adams et al walk in and out of Downing St regularly and Britain having eventually had the sense to realise that a stable, sustainable and workable solution to Ireland's 'terrorist troubles' required an engagement and input from those former 'terrorists'.

But I think Retseh's general point is absolutely correct.

Israel cannot be expected to just silently suffer attack after attack and not respond, one can argue over the scale of that response but that is hardly addressing the fundamental issue......and whilst I abhor the current 'war' in the Lebanon it does have to be said that the Lebanese made precious little effort over precious little time to deal with those attacking Israel - over the years.

The notion that Israel is today 100% in the wrong is IMO as ridiculous a stance to take over this situation as any that tries to claim they are 100% in the right.

I have my own criticisms of Israel and how she has behaved at times but to paint her as the permanent villain of the piece is just a ludicrous and outrageous travesty of the truth and does nothing to provide a sober analysis of the elements of justice each side in this can, in places, rightly claim.

Hence the current British gov.'s insistance in a comprehensive agreed ceasefire/peace which might actually stand a chance of lasting.

(Mind you considering the media's reaction and what we in the UK are told was/is the public response this stance got, it appears some people would rather a series of flaccid soundbites and a vaccous series of nice-sounding noises as opposed to a focussed 20/20 realism which might actually get somewhere.
It was pretty shameful and utterly deluded, IMO)

[edit on 8-8-2006 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This is indeed a very difficult subject to discuss. Too many people express opinions without even the vaguest understanding of the past history of this area of the Middle East.

The Israelis do have a right to defend themselves, undoubtedly, but for them to accuse others of terrorism is to forget how they themselves achieved nationhood;

www.britains-smallwars.com...

I make no judgment of either side. As a much wiser person than me once said, one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
There is no difference between the wrong and the wrong.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Amazing . . . this is a part of history I had no idea that happened.

I guess you learn something new everyday about the nations of the world.

I have no problem talking and criticizing any nation or rule in the world.

Israel like the US are not different they have their greatness and they have their ugliness.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

If the Palestinians threw all their weapons into the sea tomorrow, there would be peace in the region.

If the Palestinians threw all there weapons into the sea tommorow the Israeli will build settelemnts accross the whole of the West Bank and Gaza becuase the only thing that has stopped them is the resistance in those area's.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Amazing . . . this is a part of history I had no idea that happened.

I guess you learn something new everyday about the nations of the world.

I have no problem talking and criticizing any nation or rule in the world.

Israel like the US are not different they have their greatness and they have their ugliness.

It's been mentioned on here many times, as have the British troops captured, tortured & killed by the Zionists in their crusade to take over someone else's country.

Lest we forget

new topics

top topics

join