It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 75
<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by armap

Actually I am fine with this "old" version anyway (prefer the style), I just wanted to see if anything had changed in the new version today.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Please bring back the old version of ATS. This is to hard to read.

There is to much distraction from the words that are suppose to be getting read. The words coloring is wrong there should be more contrast with the words standing out more.

I don't know how long i can deal with this but i am already reading less.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
A website I can read without straining my eyes

Seriously!!!!
edit on 10-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

greavsie1971

Top right...switch to the dark version.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Skyfloating

greavsie1971

Top right...switch to the dark version.

I already did that a while ago.

Its ok when typing in the reply as the contrast is better. But reading the threads, its bas. Really bad. I used to be on here for hours at a time. Now I cant stand more than 30 mins.

Seriously!!!

Also try looking at a thread when not logged in. Dont touch the scroll button.....tell me what you see????

Yes, a blank page. A page of nothingness. Great for visitors dont you think.

Also tell me how visitors can swap between desktop and mobile???...THEY CANT!!!

THIS IS NOT GOOD!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Even so its still hard to read i have to focus to read the thread titles.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Is there any reason why all images cannot automatically be re-sized when used for the avatars?

And

Is there any reason why we cannot have the options to customize our own styles and formats? Or just a quick "Revert to old version" button?
edit on 9-16-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
The new website is awful and I find I'm spending less time on here because of it. It's too hard to read, with very little text per page and some of the best features are now gone. I use to like hitting up the newest threads with the three column display but that's gone the way of the dodo now it would appear.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

boredsilly It's too hard to read,
Why? A minority of people are saying this, but there still has not been an expression of the reason so that a correction might be applied.

with very little text per page and some of the best features are now gone.
That makes no sense. All prior features are now supported, some greatly enhanced. There may be a problem... can you explain more or provide a screen shot?

I use to like hitting up the newest threads with the three column display but that's gone the way of the dodo now it would appear.
Not at all. The NEW button at the top displays much more information than the old Firehose ever did... and is compatible with all browsers and with no refresh complaints. The LIVE button at the top is the same functionality as the previous live page - but with better feedback on when updates happen. And when you expand your sub-menu, an enhanced live palette is available that "tears off" from the site and can site off to the side (on large monitors), constantly updating while you browse the site.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

thanks for all the hard work you have put in lately when is the last time you have been home for a good sleep you have been on almost non stop .

some people do appreciate all the hard work you guys are putting in to fix everything

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I find it slightly worrying that just on this one page there are 2 members who are spending less time reading ATS because of difficulties with the new outlay.I don't have time to read the other pages,idk if there's more-but I hope this is not the beginning of a trend-not dissing the members who said that-quite the opposite,every member here except outright trolls+troublemakers are a valuable and integral part of the ATS community.That's why this could become a problem.

Anyway-a suggestion for BTS that I know some members have asked for+all will most likely enjoy-A Pets/Animals forum.We have a great number of ardent cat,dog+general animal lovers here-atm everything to do with our pets and animal antics have to be posted to general chit-chat.I don't have a problem posting anything animal-related to chit-chat,but it is clear that a forum for specifically animal lovers+pet owners would be greatly appreciated+enjoyed.

And the new emoticons are not imo as effective as the older ones,I find them far less expressive,especially the lol+that angry fire-breathing one-but that is a minor issue.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
How about adding a "SCIF" for those posts that are mind blowing and actually real, like stealth snow mobiles or "invisible" air planes or politicians that ARE NOT lying when they're lips are moving ! ?

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Did you skip my reply because it has already been addressed?

I agree with some of these people, that this site does take a bit more concentration, thanks to the new maneuver.

I have no idea how much time and effort is put into this site, but from what i've read, it's a lot. And I thank you.

I'd like to pose my questions again:

Mugen
Is there any reason why all images cannot automatically be re-sized when used for the avatars?

And

Is there any reason why we cannot have the options to customize our own styles and formats? Or just a quick "Revert to old version" button?

I apologize if these questions are obvious.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Mugen I agree with some of these people, that this site does take a bit more concentration, thanks to the new maneuver.
Could someone please find a way to express why?

They are. If you accidentally use one outside the size limits, it's scaled down to the maximum dimensions.

Because it's a complete code rewrite of the entire back end application layer, and front-end presentation layer. The two versions are incompatible. I've offered members to create alternative color schemes, like we have members working on new smilies, but so far no results.
edit on 17-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Raxoxane I find it slightly worrying that just on this one page there are 2 members who are spending less time reading ATS because of difficulties with the new outlay.
I've been asking for the cause each time it happens, but aren't getting anything I can use for possible correction. Even other members are as perplexed as I am over the complete lack of meaningful feedback on that issue.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

LOL! The guy banging his head against wall is enough.... Thank you SO, for your time.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord

boredsilly
It's too hard to read,

Why? A minority of people are saying this, but there still has not been an expression of the reason so that a correction might be applied.

The contrast use to be greater between text and background so it stood out more (I'm using the 'dark mode' which should be more accurately called mottled grey)
As stated later but probably not that well the amount of text per page seems to be less, the Lines per Inch is the printer term I believe. A page on a widescreen monitor views no more then one small post.
The boxes and simplified icons tend to draw the eye away from the text.

with very little text per page and some of the best features are now gone.

That makes no sense. All prior features are now supported, some greatly enhanced. There may be a problem... can you explain more or provide a screen shot?

Explained above.

I use to like hitting up the newest threads with the three column display but that's gone the way of the dodo now it would appear.

Not at all.

The NEW button at the top displays much more information than the old Firehose ever did... and is compatible with all browsers and with no refresh complaints.

The LIVE button at the top is the same functionality as the previous live page - but with better feedback on when updates happen.

And when you expand your sub-menu, an enhanced live palette is available that "tears off" from the site and can site off to the side (on large monitors), constantly updating while you browse the site.

Okay I never saw that live option that's what I was missing, well done old chap! The 'new' function honestly felt like I had to unravel one of those ancient medieval scrolls to read it but now you pointed out the live page I no longer have to use it. (I'd insert one of those smileys to the left of me but they're looking a little green under the gills, so to speak)
edit on 17-9-2013 by boredsilly because: quotes wrong

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

boredsilly The contrast use to be greater between text and background
Actually, the current contrast of ATS.5/3 is about 5% more than the old ATS.2010.

As stated later but probably not that well the amount of text per page seems to be less, the Lines per Inch is the printer term I believe.
Are you experiencing some kind of optical illusion similar to those who felt there was suddenly more space between posts? The surrounding "chrome" (or UI elements) is less and cleaner, so perhaps that's causing it? Because, the new ATS.5/3 is actually a bit tighter than the ATS.2010.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Are we no longer getting alerts for U2U messages?
I suspect many old hands are not picking up their messages at the moment, because they don't normally look until they receive that cue.

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Something that could be fun is a calendar. I know, calendar, what could be fun about that? Well, hear me out, I am thinking of a calendar for events like predictions where anyone starting a prediction for a particular day or month timespan would be able to click an "Add to Calendar" link and then on the calendar, the day or month would show a marker for an event. Clicking that marker will then pull up a list of all threads that are referring to an event specific to that day/month etc. I can see many uses for an events based calendar but I will leave that up to the rest of the members to give input.

new topics

top topics

<< 72  73  74    76  77  78 >>

join