It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 73
<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

Add the date to thread postings! I just wasted 20 minutes of my life reading the first few replies on this thread - a thread that was started NINE BLEEPING YEARS AGO!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by jiggerj
Add the date to thread postings! I just wasted 20 minutes of my life reading the first few replies on this thread - a thread that was started NINE BLEEPING YEARS AGO!!!

Reading the date of the first reply should have been enough, that's the first thing I do.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Reading the date of the first reply should have been enough, that's the first thing I do.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

If it's on the front page it's only natural to assume a thread is fairly recent. I don't go looking for the date in the replies.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

If it's on the front page it's only natural to assume a thread is fairly recent.

Yes, but it's a wrong assumption, as what appears is based on recent posts, so a new post on an old thread will "bump" it back to the top.

I don't go looking for the date in the replies.

You just have to start reading one line above the post content, it's not really "looking for the date".

PS: I do that because I once did the same thing as you did, so when I noticed it I made a mental note not to do that again to avoid making mistakes.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Put all threads on the same page !!! BTS and ATS , color code them ,if people dont like it they can use the display option

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

PS: I do that because I once did the same thing as you did, so when I noticed it I made a mental note not to do that again to avoid making mistakes.

Orrrr, the date could be posted where we can see it without opening the thread at all. THAT'S a great idea!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Orrrr, the date could be posted where we can see it without opening the thread at all. THAT'S a great idea!

At the moment that thread lists on each forum's page is the only place where the date is present, I also think it's a good idea, there was no need to shout.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

At the moment that thread lists on each forum's page is the only place where the date is present, I also think it's a good idea, there was no need to shout.

Oh, sorry. I'm hard of hearing so I can't help being loud.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

A " BS" Detection Toolbar Meter would be Nice . Gives people a Heads Up on Responding to Trolls and SUCH............Hmm...

i297.photobucket.com...
edit on 3-5-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Since ATS .5/3 project hasn't advanced since October and the last design was not mobile user friendly even on a larger screen Android device, I'd like to once again urge ATS to offer tapatalk, forum runner or similar integration (a more complicated solution would be an ATS boards app for Android and iOS). With mobile technology use growing so rapidly and so many users wanting a user friendly manner to respond to communications on the go, the ATS older forum technology makes it quite annoying and frustrating to use ATS via mobile. I'd be happy to pay for an app or contribute to some project fund in order to help make ATS compatible for the mobile/smartphone user.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Would it be possible to make an app that would let users upload pics from their mobile devices? I'm normally on my iPad and cannot upload pics, this is very frustrating.

I would gladly pay for such an app, if cost is an issue.

Thanks!
edit on 19-5-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Sorry. Don't know what I did there.
edit on 19-5-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
AHA!! I just thought of something ATS/BTS needs! A link back to the top of the page when you scroll down posts...and......a link on both ATS and BTS that will bring you back to that forum at the end of a thread. I have had to bounce back to ATS before I can go into BTS again.

Or I have been missing something all these years, which I would not doubt

I just found out a few weeks ago that I could see who responds to my posts in my messages

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'd like to see a history/anthropology forum on BTS.

It seems like an inappropriate waste to put topics like Tasmanian Aboriginal Culture, the East German American Indian movements, or a thread on global indigenous bead-work into the chit-chat forum by default.
I think this does not attract the right expertise or level of discussion on these topics, or possibly many others that have to do with contemporary (rather than ancient) history or social studies.
With more discussion and focus a lot of conspiracy angles could be found on these topics, such as the politics behind "tribal extinction", global consciousness and bead-work, or Stassi files and modern government spying.

A forum that encourages more recent historical discussion is in any case a gap on the forums.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
*facepalm*

Found the link to the top of the page...
hahaha

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
i would like to see a feature to vote back banned members as some people had a lot of input to this site ? just a thought

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Home and End keys on your keyboard work too

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I asked about an Android/ios app ages ago and never got any official response. SO is probably too busy lining his pockets from his other adventures, e.g. that tldr crap etc, ATS seems way down his list of priorities.

You won't get Simon Gray responding either, he's made his money and is probably laying on a hot beach sipping cocktails.
edit on 26/5/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/5/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Go back to the old style of forum icons.

Got so used to that system when scanning recent posts, i knew instinctively if a post was breaking news, philosophy, medical conspiracy, ufo, etc.

Thee new icons are too monotonous and hard to set apart from each other

new topics

top topics

<< 70  71  72    74  75  76 >>

join