It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Is it too much to Ask for a Complimentary pie sent by Airmail upon reaching the target of 4000 posts?

You guys must make a fair Bob from advertisements to fund such a request,

Pretty please, Even a cheap one would do

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

A couple of things would be nice to add to functionality.. Instead of having to click [my ats] [messages] [replies] then the link in a new tab.. Could you not just have a message notification on the top of the screen. Replies on threads are important on ATS as it is a debate forum.

The utube link seems a bit funky too. In facebook you just copy a link and the video links in.. Could you not do the same here..

Just a couple of ideas.. I know you have a lot on your plate so not complaining....

ty kx)

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Can ATS expand the New Topics page to many more than eight? There is room for at least twenty on there, and this would give users and readers much more of a look at what's newly posted (I'd guess most visitors and readers have never clicked on the firehose or even know it's there, so what they see on the New Topics page is it).

Thanks.

Hi. I've suggested this quite a few times on forums, in an email, and finally here as I thought this was the thread that admins answered on. Does my concern (quoted in this post, from the last post of the last page) have any validity to other people, and, if so, would it be feasible to actually expand the New Topic list? Thanks.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by SimonGray

Hi,

I couldn't read all 72 pages in the thread, so apologies if my idea has been suggested before.

I'd like to suggest an improvement on the mobile site. The home page displays the same top threads from a few months ago, and doesn't get updated.

Also, I would suggest that links to other threads/posts within ATS should link to
the mobile website rather than the desktop version. The desktop version is unreadable from the phone screen.

It would also be nice to get a link to the embedded videos so we can watch them, instead of no link at all. We could also get an option to see the linked images, or at least an adapted version of it.

Many of us use our mobile phones to check ATS on a daily basis, when our timetable allows for it. But if we can't follow links to other threads, watch the videos and images posted, it gets difficult to get into the story, and the ATS experience is watered down.

Thanks for listening!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to Post by SimonGray

[color=999999]Original Post by SimonGray

Set your minds to creativity, what should/will the next evolutionary step be?

I think that auto-fill for quoting another post should link back to the post you are quoting and you should should have the option to make it a reply to the quoted post since the majority of the time you are quoting them in order to reply to them. Could make it similar to how I've done this post or...

maybe even make it so that when they click the link in the quoted area, it not only sends them to the page it was quoted from, but also targets and highlights the quoted text.

I know that's a lot of work, but please, at least make quoted text link back to the post you are quoting so that readers can find what you're quoting - or give a checkbox for adding it while composing a quoted post.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
I think that auto-fill for quoting another post should link back to the post you are quoting and you should should have the option to make it a reply to the quoted post since the majority of the time you are quoting them in order to reply to them. Could make it similar to how I've done this post or...
Something like this?

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes and we can leave out the highlight text part I suppose (it would be asking for trouble from the users because they would use inappropriate highlighting to make jokes and flame each other) but the add a "reply to post by ArMaP" option by way of a checkbox on the compose post page would be great and not too hard to code either.

I don't have any good idea of how it should look, appearance wise - just that it should be clear what everything is while composing and reading. It's hard to tell some times who is talking to who and if a quote is out of context or not.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Sorry if any of these suggestions have been posted before but 72 pages takes a lot of scanning.

***Is it possible to have some sort of option where messages get sent to your actual email if you so choose. This would be useful for those who don't have ATS permanently open or those who use smartphone more than actual PCs

***Could a posters personal profile that appears to the left of each post include the date in which a person last logged in. I realize you can find this out by visiting their actual profile page but it would be quite useful just being able to see that information as opposed to just the usual 'member is on line now', 'Member was on ATS 51 minutes ago'

Essentially this would simply be a continuation of that 'when the member was last online' feature but after 1 day would begin reverting to dates instead of just counting down the minutes. This feature would be useful and interesting when looking at old threads without having to click on each and every profile simply to see if a poster is still an acive contributor.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Make things easier to upload from people's computers.
Images and videos don't always have a "http://" in front of it.....

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
A financial forum. I would like a place to go and just read about financial stuff. Especially with what's going on right now with the Euro. It doesn't all fit in Global Meltdown (in my opinion).

Thanks for your consideration.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
When clicking on either another or your own member profile and clicking 'see all posts', instead of displaying the number of flags that the thread that they/you posted in has, it should display the number of stars that a particular post has got.

If I'm looking at either my own or another member's posts, I don't care how many flags that particular thread has got, I'm interested in how good other members thought their/my post was.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Honestly, since I am on my iPad all the time, I'd LOVE to see a mobile app for the site!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think it would be neat to be able to view a members' posts by star count. Just like you can go into your profile and sort threads by flag count. Maybe just the top 50 or 100 or something like that.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Just checking back in with my opinion so far and perhaps a suggestion for the site.

Looks great on the two example pages for index and recent topics except for one thing on recent topics. The fading look into the background which works pretty well on Index makes it all seem too foggy and undefined on the recent posts where a table with tabs is the whole focus. Outside of that for background contrast, and that isn't much off to my opinion anyway...it looks really good. I Love how the index page floats to re-arrange as the screen size changes. That's an interesting effect and obviously making the very most of the new standards. Nice!

A suggestion on a board feature? Perhaps a 'sandbox' type area for each member or given resource realities, for those beyond a certain number of threads started or whatever measure makes the most sense. The idea and purpose would be a place where a single, multi page thread could be created, viewed for exact appearance in ATS posting format (how it will be..not how it 'should' be..lol) and edited in a semi-live way, but safely and privately. Even an area that was wiped clean for those resource issues, regularly would be fine. The Sandbox benefit is the thing, not storage for thread fragments.

I know anyone can take a good long time to put together a post/thread and use the preview feature, but thats a dangerous way to do it when a sloppy click on post instead of preview makes whatever was up to that point, public and the thread is staked. It's also impossible to view a multi-page OP in that way, as it will be seen as the finished product. Just a thought, as I am helping another member with a complex and multi-element thread starter, it occurred to me how much easier it would be than using a text editor and hoping it all looks about right later.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Why was the ignore feature removed?

I would like to see an ignore feature back on ATS!

As its seems ATS has more trolls and haters than ever before, it would be nice to be able to ignore these posters.
Or is this a test of self control?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by zysin5
Or is this a test of self control?

That's how I see it and why I never used it.

Also, you can never know if that person will post anything that you will find important in any way if you are ignoring him/her. extra DIV

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for the reply.
That makes sense, as I have found by not having the ignore feature, it has raised my level of self control on here. As Ive been a member since 06, so when I find someone talking trash or non sense. Mods are very good about putting the hammer down on them if it gets to far out of hand.

So it makes sense.
Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Working links

for example

[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2218450/Robbie-Middleton-Will-horrifically-burned-victim-convict-alleged-killer-Don-Collins-grave.html[/u rl]

That space between the u and r is not by me
edit on 27-4-2013 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-4-2013 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by aivlas
[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2218450/Robbie-Middleton-Will-horrifically-burned-victim-convict-alleged-killer-Don-Collins-grave.html[/u rl]

That space between the u and r is not by me

I noticed that happens with some URLs, I don't know why.

When that happens, just post the URL, like this:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Not perfect, but it works.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SimonGray

imho, there has long been a great need and desire to have

1. one's posts and replies easily reached with 1-2 clicks.

2. a ping function where those who enjoy one's posts could be pinged to a new thread or post of significance.

The best site I know in terms of such functions has its own proprietary software but could supposedly be functionally replicated where there was a will and sufficient resources dedicated to such.

www.freerepublic.com...

1. the post number is evident and clickable in the reply to the original post.

2. the posters and repliers screen names are clickable.

3. A ping list of 100's of screen names can be listed in the addressee or replying TO slot.

4. A request to be removed from a ping list MUST be met compliantly.

5. A page can be clicked to of all one's outstanding replies with latest listed first. It can be clicked back through indefinitely. It lists all replies across all forums. THAT'S LONG BEEN WANTED BY MOST EVERYONE, imho, on ATS.

6. Additionally, I think it might be nice to have it possible for long time members with some significant degree of constructive track record to be able to have a page where they listed their favorite threads and/or currently active threads in a way that various threads could be discussed without risk of being "off topic" to any particularly specific thread.

That way a broader perspective on a topic or a cluster of topics could be engaged in, imho.

Thx for this thread.

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join