It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I would really like to see the fragile earth forum separated into two.

1 for geological and climate topics

&

2 for Biological topics e.g. Animal and plant life

Cause the moment something happens, like the BP oil leak. Everything in that forum is immediately passed at the bottom of the list.

It's a waste of beautiful threads.IMO

So what do you say ?

CX

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What would i like to see in the future?

With the onslaught of Wikileaks threads, which doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon, i would love to see a new forum section for Released Documents.

Not a Wikileaks section as some have suggested, but Wikileaks would be at home there.

Freedom of information releases, Wikileaks cables, other de-classified info can either be placed there for readers viewing or discussed at will.

Suggestions for a name?....

Released Documents.
Eyes only.

You get the idea. Would certainly tidy the boards up.

Cheers.

CX.

edit on 11/12/10 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
A way to turn off the "ATS Live" thing or it moved somewhere on the page.

Ok - yes, it only stays up for 12 seconds at first. Say when I came to this board it popped up for 12 seconds and its gone. Now if, after I post here, and go to "recent posts" its back for another 12 seconds.. repeat for every jump around ATS and the "click to listen live" never goes away.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hey I Got a Great idea for you guys....

Sometimes i leave the site for awhile then come back, and I want to rember where i left off, but sometimes my subscribed threads have a few dozen pages on them now.....and you can only either go to first or last post.

So, it would be nice to be able to go to my last post on a subscribed thread.

Then you would be able to keep up with your posts better.

Thanks ATS for the great site.

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I guess it's in the too hard basket for an in-house CAFE ?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I couldn't read through 67 pages of posts, so I'm just going to add this here. A few of us chat users have been wondering if we could possibly get a font selector in chat?

Reason being is that it's hard to pick a color or font form that someone isn't already using and it sometimes confuses us when we read.

The fonts don't have to be ridiculous like webdings or anything like that, but just a more broad selection of the fonts that relate to Times New Roman, Arial, Comic Sans MS, etc.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Shikamaru

I second this.

It gets busy in there nowadays.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

Yea especially when ATS Live comes on.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I would really like to see an animals forum. Seriously, with all the bird and fish deaths recently, not to mention the number of threads on animals acting up, it would help to consolidate all these threads into one place and would prevent all the duplicate threads that occur. Besides, most people are pet owners. If ATS can put up forums for entertainment and cooking, I would think that ATS could give us a forum for animals, IMO.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I dont know if this has been brought up before but I believe ATS is missing one small feature that really enhances the browsing and posting experience. Most forums have a 'jump to first unread' button but I have seen no such feature on ATS. You will usually find it accompanying each thread title when viewing a specific forum, inside each specific thread and in your subscribed threads (myATS) listing. I hope you will implement such a feature (or show me where it is if it exists!) as it allows you to quickly hop back into a discussion without having to spend unnecessary time reorienting yourself to where you last left the thread.

This feature is would be especially helpful in the myATS section as the only two current options are to jump to the start of end of the thread. For example, I may not check this thread again for a week and it would be nice that the next time I do I could come back directly to this post to be able to see any feedback.

Please consider

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
On the MyATS page, there could be a couple of improvements:

1) Give the date and time of the last post for each thread which you are subscribed too, in addition to the name of the last poster. This would help us remember what we have and have not read so far.

2) By clicking on the name of the last poster we go to that post. I would like to be able to go to MY last post inorder to read from where I last left off. It can sometimes take several minutes to find my last post on a bussy thread, which can be very frustrating.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Ummmm....I just noticed the Off Topic forums (BTS) once again have the "star" function back. I know it was removed a short time ago. Just thought if it's a code error or accident...someone should know.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted before on here, but I would really love a "Go to first uread post" button, I find it tedious sometimes trawling through long threads trying to find where I was up to

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I would like to see E-mail Alerts added, so I can know when someone comments/replies to a Thread that I have made/commented on/subscribed to; most forums have that these days, and it is very helpful.

Also I think ATS should just use a Free Open Source Bulletin Board Program such as PhpBB; which already offers some features missing in ATS, is easier to use, and is used by many Free Open Source Teams on the internet.

www.phpbb.com...

I imagine that would make the ATS Team & community's jobs easier and supporting Free Open Source software seems like a good way to save money, built trust, and encourage the Community to work together.

Anyway, those are some of my suggestions.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDreamerCalledJohn

I forgot some suggestions/things I would like to see added/my wishlist.

The ability to edit your own Threads and/or Comments whenever you want, without a time expiration/lock period/Moderator permission; would be nice.

The ability to change your username when ever you want (if that username is not currently taken) would be nice, which would make the old username available for others.

The ability to Delete your own Threads and/or Comments whenever you want.

The ability to Delete your ATS Account whenever you want, which will make your username available for others.

Easier Thread formatting options like most forums have these days, without needing to know HTML code for basic tasks such as adding pictures/etc.

A simplified menu & option system making it easier for users to navigate ATS and change their settings.

Some more text, picture, and video guides in a Help/FAQ section that will help new & old users learn how to do most things on ATS without having to ask.

Brighten up the look of ATS with a cleaner, more modern, and less dark look/appearance; the current look makes me feel a bit sleepy, so dark, zzzzz.

Separate some of the Forums, such as The Dream & Predictions Forums should be separate in my opinion, most people's dreams are usually not predictions and if someone does have a prediction dream, they could just post it in the Prediction Forum.

Also improving the ways to contact Support and/or the number of Volunteer Support Staff, would be nice.

Anyway, that is enough for now, thanks.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
A sports conspiracies forum would greatly boost your MSM profile and readership from the general populace. Sure sports are generally meant to be a distraction, but that doesn't mean that ATS can't use that natural attraction to reach new readers.

There are SO many shady dealings in sports that it would be a feeding frenzy. I was genuinely surprised to find that ATS did not have a "Sports Conspiracies" forum.

I think it would also help hold franchises accountable that are complacent to make their profit while trotting out an inferior product year after year.

Can we get this done?

posted on Apr, 20 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I use ATS regularly , read a bit from each forum and most the top posts. the other day i was thinking how ats could be better and i thought.. A 'journal' like tool would greatly benefit all of us no? Think about it, A place to put your thoughts that arent quite a full thread or just your thoughts. You could make it public or private and others could comment on it if u chose. stars and flags would be with it and there could be a area on the main page for top rated/viewed journals.

Again this was just a rought idea from a couple days ago it probably still needs some work. but if this ever did see the light on ats I believe our discussions and the whole community would be greatly improved.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I have been on ATS for nearly a year and I enjoy most of the threads her on ATS, but obviously there are some threads that are highly speculative.

There is a suggestion I want to make.

Some controversial threads are getting a high amount of flags, yet again I don't mind, but I believe that members who flag any thread shouldn't remain anonymous and a list should be created that is viewable for any member who is reading the thread to see who has flagged the thread.

Thank you
Kykweer

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kykweer
Hi everyone,

I have been on ATS for nearly a year and I enjoy most of the threads her on ATS, but obviously there are some threads that are highly speculative.

There is a suggestion I want to make.

Some controversial threads are getting a high amount of flags, yet again I don't mind, but I believe that members who flag any thread shouldn't remain anonymous and a list should be created that is viewable for any member who is reading the thread to see who has flagged the thread.

Thank you
Kykweer

Thank you for your suggestion, however, we do not create nor allow lists to shame or out people for their opinions. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and not everyone will share the same opinions.

edit on May 15th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hello, I would like to suggest that a thread poster have more control over the original post.
Here are a few examples:

Unlimited original post edit. ie; the ability to edit all aspects of the threads OP by its creator at any time.
This will allow the creator to add information to the OP so it is not split up throughout the thread. This can then work as a thread summery as well under the control of the thread creator eliminating the repetitive statements and links within the thread.

A "Save" versus "Publish" button. There are some OPs that, with all the links and Pics and information that it takes time to publish. This will allow the creator the ability to save and come back with new information making the OP more detailed and complete. Also some threads, like theories, exceed the 60,000 character limit per post. With this function a creator can save the OP while continuing to build the OP in a new post within the thread by clicking a "Continue" button so when the thread is published the OP continues without replies between the OP posts and the need to open multiple threads to complete a single topic is eliminated.

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join